Forward Service Corporation Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance
W2 Case manager/FEP (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 5, 2019
This is a challenging, and rewarding profession, with ongoing learning potential. I use my management, communication and problem solving skills daily. I work one on one with Parents to help them learn how to provide for their families and work toward self-sufficiency.
Having evenings and weekends off helps me to have a good work/life balance, which is a priority for me.
Pros
Great Co-workers, good work/life balance, competitive pay, good benefits, weekends off, PTO for full time staff
Cons
fast paced, a lot to learn, hard work
great place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (VOLUNTEER) (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 5, 2019
Typical work day would consist of answering phones, assisting walk ins, coordinating schedules, filing, and organizing stock room. It was great because I had freedom, it was hard because not everything was always explained in detail.
Rewarding Work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 18, 2019
I have worked at FSC for 4 years in various roles. I enjoy the challenge that the work brings and the collaborative environment that is encouraged. I have been brought on to many projects to highlight my skills and creativity. If you work hard and stay long enough, there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. FSC also seems to really care about their employees and their work-life/home-life balance and provides flexibility in the workplace.
Pros
Great pay, Good benefits and PTO for full-time employees
FEP (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 11, 2019
FSC is a great place to work and I have been able to grow in my career. Lots of perks to this employer, like awesome PTO accruals, relaxed management, fun work environment and my team is very supportive. Job can be stressful, but that comes with the territory.
Enjoy the Challenge
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 7, 2019
My position is still considered Temp. until Government Funding comes through.

Great people to work with because we ALL care about our customers.

The Office environment is comfortable and very nice, as it was remodeled in May of 2018.
Living out the Mission
W-2 Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 7, 2019
I wake up excited to go to work every day. Forward Service Corporation feels more like a family than work. Every job has challenges, and Forward Service Corporation is not exempt from them. However, the teamwork, unity and support while overcoming those challenges is astounding. I always feel supported and encouraged by my Team Lead and Colleagues. The job itself is awesome. I get to meet new people on a regular basis, learn about them and journey along-side of them while they work toward and reach their goals. Our programs foster so much hope in our community, I just love being a part of it. I also think it is amazing that the CEO knows me by name and cares enough to send hand-written cards for my birthday and work anniversary and is easily accessible to me.
Pros
Supportive Leadership, Competitive Wage, Outstanding Benefit Package & PTO, 11 Paid Holidays, Incredible 401K Match, Education & Training Opportunities, Cohesive Programming, Leadership Training, Wonderful Colleagues, Great Atmosphere
Cons
No Cons
Great Place To Work
W2 Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Forward Service is one of the best places to work. Our environment feels like a family and we all support each other. Our goals are known and supported by the team and allow us to work together and be creative. PTO and pay is more than fair for the work we do. Overall, I would recommend FSC as a place to work.
Pros
Pto, Pay
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Enjoyed the work!
ELEVATE Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 17, 2019
Thoroughly enjoyed the work I was there to do. I was difficult to work as a contracted employee for two supervisors who had, at times, conflicting needs and priorities.
Pros
It was a job when I needed one
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Excellent company and excellent people!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 30, 2018
FSC is a great company to work for, and its employees are great people to work with. FSC feels like family even with office spread across the state. Helping people reach their goals is also a big reason why I love working at FSC. There are many opportunities to continue to learn and develop skills too.
Pros
Seeing people succeed, wages and benefits are excellent, management who listens
Cons
Can't control the rules set by the state, but with a flexible attitude the rules aren't an issue
December 7, 2018

Thank you for your review! It's good to know that we have such a flexible, encouraging FSC family.

Love fsc
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 30, 2018
Not only do I get to help my community while working at FSC, I also get to work with great people. The office is like family and management really cares about employees. There are many opportunities to advance and learn new skills. I also go home everyday knowing I made a difference in someone's life!
Pros
Great mission, excellent pay/benefits/PTO/401k, flexibility and family feel
Cons
I can not think of any
December 7, 2018

Learning new skills is definitely a value we strive to encourage! You make a real difference in so many people's lives. Thank you for your review!

Enjoyed working here very much
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portage, WINovember 13, 2018
This has been an amazing experience and I truly hate to be leaving. The people you work with are great and it has a family type feel. I truly hope to be a regular employee soon.
Pros
Good pay and excellent benefits
December 7, 2018

Thank you, and hopefully we will see you again soon! Your work with us is truly valuable, even if it's for a short time.

This is one of the best group of gals I've ever worked with!
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WINovember 13, 2018
I had an amazing time volunteering at FSC and I learn a lot as well. The staff is patient, friendly, helpful, and supportive. There is not another place like FSC in Menasha!
December 7, 2018

Thank you for the high praise! We are glad that you enjoyed volunteering with us. Drop by to let us know how you're doing anytime!

Run Away!
Wisconsin Works Case Manager/ FEP (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 16, 2018
Private companies should not be contracted to administer the welfare program--I learned this the hard way. The pay was great, but stress is a daily fact of life, and I am not sure management knows the actual goal of the program they're administering.
Pros
Awesome pay
Cons
Ethically questionable
October 23, 2018

We're sorry that it didn't work our as you had hoped. We aim to help people truly unleash their potential as individuals and families, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

I learned how to scan documents to the government and file
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antigo, WISeptember 7, 2018
Temporary position as a clerical assistant. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. It was a nice place to work until someone stole medicine out of my purse. Most of the people were trust worthy but one was not.
October 23, 2018

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you had a good experience with us and hope you were able to resolve the issue with your medicine swiftly. Be sure to contact your supervisor or the HR department if there's ever a concern. We're always glad to help!

Only a volunteer
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIAugust 28, 2018
My case manager is awesome. She is truly a caring person with the Hope's that my life will get better. She has amazing ideas n tries to help me feel better, more confident. My case manager is in waushara county. I have volunteered there and in Green Lake county as well. Both CM are awesome.(RS and KC)
Cons
I hate the logs.
October 23, 2018

We're so glad to hear such positive feedback about our staff! Thank you!

It's contract based you make what you want of it.....
FSET Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2018
You have to learn to roll with the changes. Not always implemented well but remembering the customers and why we are here makes it work. Compensation is not bad. Benefits could be better.
October 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! It's great to know we have a team that's so dedicated to our customers' success. We are currently looking over our benefit options to ensure we're providing the best coverage possible. Be sure to reach out to HR if you ever want to talk about maximizing your options, as they're eager to help.

Office Environement
W-2 Case Manger/FEP (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 3, 2018
Good starter job. Case management position. Not really any room for advancement. Company should provide a little more training with the state for new Case managers/FEP's.
October 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! It's good to see feedback that motivates us to improve our training program and create advancement opportunities.

Productive and family atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 18, 2018
it was very relaxed working environment
They were very understanding about everything having children and having your own life they completely understood that.
Pros
Allowed me to breast pump, gave breaks.
Cons
Na
October 23, 2018

It's good to see that you had a great experience with us here as the parent of a newborn. That is such a wonderful challenge, and every little bit of encouragement helps!

Hard work, but worth it!
Any (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 18, 2018
Working at FSC can be difficult because it involves working with every changing state policy. However, being able to help those in need makes it all work it. FSC also takes care of their employees by offering generous PTO and other benefits. Wages are also great compared to similar roles at similar non-profits.
Pros
Pto, flexible management, helping community, supportive workplace culture
Cons
policy changes (out of company's control)
October 23, 2018

Thank you for writing such a balanced review. It's true that some things are out of our control, and we hope to make every day better in the ever-changing world we all live in - customers and staff alike. Thank you for all of the work you do to make this happen!

Postive Place To Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 11, 2018
I enjoy my position at FSC. I feel that the people that work here are true advocates for their customers. I work with a great team. I also think that the management do activities to reward the employees, pot lucks and free branded clothing for the whole company. The PTO policy is also really great.
Pros
Pto, Team
October 23, 2018

Hi! Thank you for your positive review. Our management works hard to ensure everyone feels welcome and empowered, and it's great to see that you're feeling the impact of that effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Service Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.