Forward Service Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Data Reporting QA Analyst 2 (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 19, 2018
Excellent place to work. Wonderful culture. The staff there are very professional and nice to work with. Further more, it is flexible and the working environment is very convenient.
Very boring and nothing to do, management terrible
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montello, WIMarch 4, 2018
They do not care about their customers, and I was one of them, They do not help their customers the way they are suppose to, All the paperwork involved in getting a customer approved for the program is always getting lost by the case worker, and then the customer pays for it, They tell you to move to another county because they do not have any programs available for you or do not want to do the work.
Pros
Non
Cons
The company as a whole was a good place to work except for some of management's behavior.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed the company, it's values and many of the employees I worked with. The problem was with a couple of managers who spoke ill of others/departments and put worker against each other. There was quite a bit of manipulation and blame that should not have been tolerated by a few of their managers.
Pros
Lunches and breakfasts were offered quite a few times as appreciation for hard work.
Cons
Manipulation, deceit and poor management.
Poor managment. Favoritism. Lack of support.
Emergency Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 15, 2018
FSC as a company, the mission, vision, and goals was something I stood strongly behind. The ability to help those in need is such a great gift I think FSC had ever given me as an employee and it was something I had a deep sense of pride in but not all my co workers felt that same drive. The environment I worked in was very toxic. Lots of back stabbing. Lots of bullying. Immediate management discouraged contacting HR and upper management about office issues. It was put in terms that what went on didn't need to be concerned with by HR or upper management.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Terrible managment, no support system
Nice and good atmosphere and meeting new people
Resource Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 13, 2018
I learned to help assist with others a lot that didn't know how to create emails and job search online. I enjoyed the work and people there. The inviroment was also nice and clean.
Pros
Volunteer
Cons
Payed monthly
Great Company to work for
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 7, 2018
FSC has great benefits including PTO if you able to use them. There benefits are ideal compared to other companies. The job is hard dealing with customers that are in crisis and down on their luck. You have to be a strong person and know when you need to take time. The down side is that PTO is not paid out when you leave.
Pros
in hourly position you only work 40 hours M-F
Cons
You can not take your PTO when you go.
Very good
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  AnitgoJanuary 3, 2018
I love Forward Service. It was a good job for me to get my feet wet. They helped me and understood my needs and mental health issues. I worked as a cleaner and enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Fsc
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 13, 2017
A position that needs to be detailed orientated, fast paced work and uphold confidentiality. Worked around my schedule. Did alot of clerical and administrative assistant work.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
hours
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIOctober 3, 2017
Love helping clients to accomplish their goals. It is a very relaxing place and positive attitude. They have given me the opportunity to meet my goals and more
Pros
helping
Cons
not being able to do much
Temp Job
Internship/Clerical (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 3, 2017
Gave me a lot of insight in an office setting. Everyone is friendly and communication is great.

pent 3 months as an intern and loved it. Would recommend.
Helping people to be successful
Skills Instructor/Case Manager/FEP (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 30, 2017
Love the job itself. It has been a great opportunity to work with individuals and help them gain skills to become self-sufficient. Have made great connections with a diverse group of people
Hard work
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST/CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2017
Its very difficult to meet deadlines. When you go to coopotatr about an issue it takes a very long time to get things resolve. They never listen to employees concerns and actually fix them.
A disaster
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2017
I had to use one star, because there was not a lower alternative rating. This was the worst employer, I have ever worked for. Long hours, poor management, stressful human service situations, ridiculously awful training, zero support. I could go on and on.
Cons
An excellent place to work. Energizing. Rewarding.
Skills Instructor/Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 3, 2017
Everyday is a new day of challenge and reward. Helping people move closer to their goal of self-sufficiency.

The opportunity to meet new people, networking in partnership with other agencies to provide a wide spectrum of community resources creates an atmosphere of accomplishment at the end of everyday.
Pros
Helping caring environment
Cons
not enough training opportunities.
Stressful
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 25, 2017
had a great team to work with, but upper management was more concerned with the bottom dollar than making things happen for the team. Immediate manager was less qualified for the program then the director managers of the programs.
Pros
Helping people reach goals
Cons
Mid-level manager
Get out
former employment specialist (Former Employee) –  WIMarch 15, 2017
Forced to put in wrong numbers in the system. Management is awful and uneducated. Do not go to this place if you want to help others. The work load is awful with full expectations constantly piling up. Managers are all about the numbers.
Pros
Leave when you can to look for other jobs
Productive and learnable
Workfare Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIFebruary 5, 2017
Learning office skills and helping the public get to the proper person that they needed to see for their appointment. Knowing that you are learning a skill that will help you in your future employment. You also help the public by assisting them with copies of job openings and any other questions they have. If you do not know the answer you find it out for them or get one of the other people in the office to help them.
Pros
Working with the public
Good training-hours-PTO
Employment Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIFebruary 3, 2017
Not a bad company but wage needs desperately to be increased.
Non Profit so consider providing basic office supplies as the are minimum . Quite a bit of on line training completely not job related. Supervisors are best trainers as they provide explanations. There is a QA team that find every flaw which is great but no reasons why so one can self correct
Pros
Training-Upper Mgmt
Cons
Policy change constant
Once your first year is in, RUN!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Region 7February 1, 2017
The name of the game in FSC is to work there for the experience and then get the heck out before two years. After two years you will aquire a target on your back. The job is great the first year. After the first year you will be the "experienced" worker there. This last November FSC did a purge for their loyal workers, so beware to those who apply.
After year one you will be asked to do two jobs at once with no hope of advancement. You will then notice that you will be asked to do things that will reflect on you personally. For example I was asked to lie to Partner Agencies and go behind their back. Way to keep it classy!
I also had an incident with a job site, a client, and the police. Management would not even look at me when I asked for help. I actually got wrote up for asking too many questions to management about this matter. This was placed on my six month report as something I needed to fix! Good Times! I actually had to solve the matter myself. I was later told to concel the incident by not using the worksite.
For all people applying please enjoy your first year. I did. I loved the clients and I loved the co-workers. It really is a team-building enviroment when you have to keep guessing who is next and how to stay ahead of the game. I challenge anyone who is reading this to contact FSC and ask what the turnover is like! Just see if they can look you in the eye.
Pros
Great experience and training the first year, Amazing Co-Workers, I learned what to look for when being targeted, I now understand what it is like to have no voice, I now understand how evil in this world starts
Cons
Being asked to lie and backstab Partner Agencies, Not able to take credit for the work I've done
Work Program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 25, 2017
Working through the W2 program to better my skills and advance my knowledge as an individual. Help with creating and fixing resumes and classes to help with skills needed to acquire.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forward Service Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.