Fossil Group Employee Reviews

Great attempt for culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 3, 2018
The company has many great perks for the employees. At times more is focused on the culture rather than actual innovation that can lead the company to prosper.
Productive and inviting environment
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 27, 2018
A typical day at Fossil consisted of catering to customers wants and needs based off product knowledge to offer the best fit. When it became slow that time was utilized to merchandise product displays or tend to other projects. Management was very attentive and helpful with any and everything. The hardest part was seeing customers leave without purchasing anything due to price preference. The most enjoyable part was collaborating with colleagues to meet goals as well as delivering satisfaction to customers through our service.
This was a fun place to work when I was there
A/R Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fossil, flexiable work schedule and my co-worker were the best. Many discount benefits and the health insurance was very good. 401K and matching benefits were good as well.
great location at universal city
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAJune 18, 2018
during the holiday season, it is crazy the hours are really long due to universals extended hours so keep that in mind. after the holiday seasons, it is dead like maybe only 10-20 customers during your shift. There's a lot of pressure to sell since the only way to get more hours is to sell more they have competitive hours, no commission at all. there is a great discount on all merchandise with 2 deep discounts a month.
Pros
good discount, good management, great coworkers
Cons
low wages, low hours, boring at times
Great people and company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 21, 2018
As a sales associated I felt valued and was respected. I worked there for three years and loved my time there. I interacted with other sales associates, managers and customers.
Fossil is closing stores not opening them
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 5, 2018
Great company but closing too many locations and products are everywhere. Realistic goals but should not have ventured in wearable technology and no marketing especially for a younger generation.
Pros
Salary, Co workers, Great DM
Cons
No growth of people and store closings
Great product ....
ASM (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 3, 2018
This brand makes great quality products that most customers love. Working here is very simplistic. Upper management is constantly restructuring and turning. The product is available in so many locations that the retail locations struggle to hit goals or incentives.
Very nice co workers, easy chill job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 27, 2018
Typical day consisted of helping out clients pick out their watches and making sure every part of the store is looking up to company standards. In the mornings when you come in you are responsible for cleaning and making sure everything is filled for the day to come.
Pros
co-workers, easy
Cons
low pay, angry customers
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative/E-Team/Chat (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 14, 2018
Working for Fossil is a good way for someone right out of high school to get started. The pay was decent for someone young but not enough for someone trying to live on their own.
The opportunities to advance are there but can be difficult to attain without being a part of the good ole boys club.
benefits
Cons
stress created by customers and disappearing supervisors
My Job
Visual merchandiser Junior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Vicenza, VenetoMarch 26, 2018
I have worked well in a creative and dimanical, relaxing and educational environment. My day included training and outfits on stores.
E' stato un ambiente stimolante e di crescita
call centers suck everywhere, but it sucks the least at fossil
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 6, 2018
it was awesome because Fossil management gave us the tools to actually help our customers and gain their loyalty in the process. We were graded pretty heavily and often but our managers wanted quality over quantity when it comes to calls.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome campus, cool celebrations, discount on merchandise
Cons
short breaks, strict time schedule, long hours during holidays
Interesting store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 6, 2018
I was always greeted by smiles from my employees when I came to work, and was able to learn a lot and hone in on my selling skills here. The management was great here and I really liked the culture.
Great Company in dying culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 2, 2018
Fossil Group is a wonderful company filled with passionate, dedicated, knowledgable, and insightful employees. There was never a day where I dreaded being inside with my employees and interacting with our Guests. The Guest's experience is paramount to anything else, and is as simple as starting a conversation and learning what is important to them. I had the pleasure of working with two teams that had no issues interacting with our Guests and making their time with us enjoyable and comfortable.

The hardest part of the job was meeting goals of the company, as the market can be unexpected. Traffic and your interactions determine your success so it was up to you and your team to make the best of declining traffic in our Malls. The most enjoyable part of the job is absolutely your team (both store and district level) as well as your time with your Guests. This is a job that requires you to adjust your tendencies as a seller and not be pushy. Your job is to really connect with the Guest and have a great experience, whether they purchase or not.

I learned a great deal from my peers and leaders in my role and they always had your back as a Store Manager. My field leader was exceptionally qualified and knowledgeable about their job and always knew how to get the best out of you and your employees. Lots of face time with upper management was scary at first (not used to it with previous employer) but helped make me better at my job. You become comfortable and eliminate the distraction of "your boss". Instead, you learn to lean on them when needed and utilize them for their expertise,
  more... not be intimidating.

I mention a dying culture and that is retail in general. Everyone is adjusting to the age of online ordering and the evolution of retail and Fossil is no different. My store was successful in accomplishing its goals despite my limited tenure and unfortunately was closed, leading to my availability in the employment market. Retailers are making hard decisions to ensure continued successes and sometimes you are on the short end of them. Fossil is priming themselves to continue to be a Global Leader in Watches and Leathers while consistently being legendary for their Guest's Experience. I highly recommend this company despite the retail market landscape.
Pros
Exceptional Leadership, pay, brand. Product is typically fantastic, tools to help you and your team know your product, lots of resources and peer communication
Cons
Work life can be tough sometimes, adjusting to retail environment
Great office. Terrible pay.
SALES Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DallasFebruary 24, 2018
Pay isn’t great and neither is job security. Fossil hasn’t been doing so well the last few years so they have had major layoffs in the process. Which is a real shame.
Great sales environment, fun and relaxed.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 23, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of helping the customer find what best fits their needs. You would first engage in a personal level and then try to best assist the customer. Very sales driven environment.
It was a great company to work for.
Receiving/forklift/ delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working for fossil they gave me skills such as be proficient with a forklift. It was a great place to work. The manager was great and I got along with all my coworkers.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Didnt like giving overtime
Chill and relaxing on days far away from the holidays
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Its a great place for a part time job or move to management. The people are nice and the company really backs a very human aspect of retail. I learned how to interact with different costumers on a more personal level because of what this company stands for. The amazing style/vibe of the store is refreshing
Pros
Paced atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes empty and slow
Wonderful place to work
SmartWatch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I loved working for Fossil. The workplace culture is amazing and very willing to work with you if there are any scheduling conflicts. Everything about the job was amazing, from the employees, to the pay, the the work environment, to the discount. 10/10 recommend.
Bad management... bad hours... unfair treatment... favoritism
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJFebruary 5, 2018
Bad managers tended to stress out employees and create drama. They tended to feed into rumors and did not mind making employees cry. They would turn an hour break into a two hour break and they would never help the employee with cleaning the store or garbage duty. They made me do double trips to the garbage outside in 20 degree weather instead of doing what other stores do and go together. The hours was based on favoritism. You are told you get more if you sell more but, I sold more than the managers and got the least amount of hours than all of the associates. I was treated with less care because a manager was jealous because I got close to a manager she disliked. All in all... avoid the job.
Pros
pay maybe, depends if you're okay with 10 starting, If you're lazy this is the job for you, not much traffic
Cons
low hours, treatment of employees, can get repetitive, boring
Great learning environment/strong family like teams
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Quite honestly one of the greatest companies I work for, they are very attentive to the needs of the employees and are always striving to strengthen sales teams to ensure everyone I working efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fossil Group. Our community is ready to answer.