Foster Farms Poultry Employee Reviews

Very cold
Packer (Current Employee) –  Demopolis, ALAugust 27, 2018
The hardest part of this job is standing for 8 hours in the freezing cold place. Also if you work night shift you dont know what time you going home.
Worst job I ever had
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAAugust 15, 2018
Little to no training they can care less about your safety if you get hurt they would just replace you with someone else I know people that's been on the job for 15 plus years and barely makes a quarter more than what the starting pay is
Pros
Discount
Plant manager
Distribution Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CAJuly 27, 2018
I like chicken. They make chicken. It was a good match for both of us. I bought the chicken and ate the chicken. YUM. It was safe and clean and healthy.
To many hrs low paid
Lead Person/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 27, 2018
I've been working on Foster Farms for 15 years not growing enough not being pain for what I do
favoritism for lack of management
Looking forward to grow better environment thank you
Relaxed workplace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 24, 2018
At Foster Farms there are multiple positions available after your first 6 months of employment. Also they offer opportunities to go to school and advance in a career and at the same time they will work with you so you can go to school and not miss any days of work
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAMay 26, 2018
Its a job that most people dont enjoy doing such as butchering chickens and constantly standing. In my experience one manager wasnt very fair when employees needed to use restrooms. Hope that has changed since i last worked there.
Supply person (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2018
Enjoy the work I just have kids and that’s the good thing bout working over night but then I be tired all day, and the hours interfere with the other job
Great company with the oppurtunity to grow
Quality Control Rep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 22, 2018
Foster Farms is a great place to work. Good team management and friendly hard working people. Fast paced working environment and must work well under pressure. Very clean and sanitary place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, Union, Great upper management
Terrible.
Live Hanger (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAMay 9, 2018
The pay is terrible. The supervisors can care less about job safety amd your well being. The human resources office is ridiculous about getting anything done. Benefits were alright. This is the type of job fpr someone thats willing to work hard everyday to barely be recognized.
Great place to learn and gain experience
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 3, 2018
Foster Farms is a very Family oriented business. They like to promote within as well as hiring newly grads for management positions. It's a great place to learn and gain experience The people I work with are very kind. Safety is the upmost priority. Overtime is usually available for those who want to work more than the 40 hrs/week.
Pros
401K, Insurance benefts, vacation.
Cons
Lack of continuing education offered by the company.
positive friendly work place
Cutter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 2, 2018
must be used to standing long periods an willing to work late night schedule or early mornings 30 minute lunch an 2, 15 minute breaks with 8 hour shifts the job is great pays great an does weekly pay periods an mandatory overtime at times
Pros
overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime
My overall experience with Foster Farms was great.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LAApril 26, 2018
It was a great opportunity to work well with others. Also had to work with Sanitation crew to make sure machine were clean and sanitize to start up before USDA inspection.
productive and fast pased
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 15, 2018
It was a great place to work. Once you got into work you would get to work right away. They have strict rules for safety which I loved. And also they have vending machines so I guess you can call that free lunch.
Great company to work for
Straight Truck Driver- Dead Haul (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 4, 2018
I enjoy my job and the management is very understanding. The benefits are great. I like to work with my co-workers it is a very safe working environment. Its a great company to work for.
Buen trato por parte del supervisor.
Operadora de maquinas de inyeccion y pallet jack (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Pagan muy poco, muy pocas horas y el ambiente muy frio y humedo.
Pros
Buenos compañeros de trabajo
Cons
Aseguranzas muy caras. Y mas que nada ni hay suficiente trabajo.
Quick to learn slow to acknowledge
Maintenance Mechanic level 2. (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Your time is your measurement of success or destruction. understand the laws you work for. success is not a easy step but understand what comes with it . and always know what u leave behind because it will always follow you. Advancement is to some great but the under belly is tricky. beware of what you step into..
Pros
advancement is good
Cons
each department carries different guidelines
Soul sucking atmosphere.
Maintenance Mechanic & Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2018
The facility is gross. The product becomes gross when you see chickens crushed into hotdog slurry. Management loves to panic and yell for any little thing. Several of the people working there are on drugs or are felons, including management. I recall night shift had to come in early for all holiday nights which ruins days like July 4th or Thanksgiving. Pay is lower for every profession compared to other places. Only thing good is you can build your skill set there since they have trouble hiring qualified people who stay.
Pros
Lots of overtime.
Cons
Lots of overtime, Underqualified management, Blood, Guts, Scary crew, Worthless union, Bad pay
Safe enviorment
Clean Up Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Was great to work for them they have great security felt a safe. They show us procedures to take if any emergency occurred. I would work for them again .
Pros
Hours were good and time would go by fast, was always busy enough to make my dat go by.
Cons
Was onky a temp job.
not fun to work at.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 30, 2017
A typical day at work was monotonous and stressful, management was too demanding and not very professional, job culture was very hostile, the hardest part was working at night in cold and wet environment.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Quality Control
Quality Control Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 22, 2017
• Conduct quality checks and monitor assigned metrics
• Ensure product integrity and that products meet weight requirements
• Monitor production processes to ensure good manufacturing practices according to regulations
• Perform Pre-Operational sanitation inspections