Foster Farms Employee Reviews

It is an unsanitary place to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 17, 2019
It is a fast and lousy job to work at due to supervisors and owners working people too hard. Unsanitary place to work at and Cutthroat company where they do not offer you too many packages advancement and the pay is lousy
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks never a bonus and low pay
Fast paced work, diverse employees from all walks of life
Sanitation Leadsperson (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CaliforniaJanuary 11, 2019
Foster Farms is a decent company to work for at best for a short amount of time, definitely not a career based, management is poor and shows favoritism amongst certain employees, which causes moral issues in all departments, seniority and attendance are abused, a department that is short handed in staffing will force other employees to pick up slack...and most importantly the companys union is useless, God forbid you have an issue with management and HR, as they are biased towards management..weekly pay is great, but the hours worked will affect your personal life.

Get in, save up, do what you have to do, and get out.
Set goals while employed here.
Pros
Weekly pay, overtime is available, will hire anyone, even with an 'interesting' background
Cons
Favoritism, Management inconsistency, Union is weak
Very laid back
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmerville, LAJanuary 11, 2019
I enjoy my job just no room to move up .The maintenance department is a real good group of guys but the distance between the plant and my house in relation to money is very poor..
Pros
Stable
Cons
Poor pay
Foster farms it's not a Fair employment place to work the management is not fair and the packaging area of where I worked the people are mean
Packer (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CA 95334January 10, 2019
I feel that Foster farms is not a good work environment I worked in packaging the Leeds we're not fair with all their workers depending on your race is how far you're going to get in advancement possibilities I worked on graveyard the women we're very mean they would scratch, push you in the hallways push you in the lunchroom, poke you . Lie make up stories to their leads that you did something you didn't do it was just I really bad work experience and if you're not of Indian or Hispanic origin you're just not going to get nowhere in that place.
Pros
Work hours are available
Cons
It's a rough work environment
Great Team, Effective Communication and Efficient
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Foster Farms is an ideal poultry company to work for; the management are knowledgeable, caring and highly experienced. I highly recommend giving them a look when career searching.
Great company
Senior Vice President,Marketing (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 8, 2019
The company is demanding and requires a deep grasp of details as well as big picture The 'products are great and it has abundant resources. Employee loyalty is valued
Pros
Great benefits, commitment to success
Cons
Production line work with no chance for advancement. Unhappy workers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I had to work 12 hours everyday just make enough to stay alive.
I learned about food safety.
I was part of the management and its not great.
Workplace culture Sucks!
Over worked and under paid.
Most enjoyable part when you get off lol.
Pros
its just another job for most minimum wage workers.
Foster Farms
REFRIGERATION MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Foster Farms is great company to advance yourself and all around great company to work for. Good benefits and good working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning knew things every day.
Foster Farms
Foster Farms (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Loved the ability to do ad much over time. But managment could use some help. Also would be nice for some recgonition. Its like as if everyone is just a number and a paycheck.
Pros
Over Time
Cons
Poor managment
none to add
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 3, 2019
none to add im not sure what im suppose to be adding in this section and im just trying to hurry up and finish so I can leave like right this second ok
Fun place
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 31, 2018
Nice place to get you on your feet fun out going people have potlucks for the holidays very family oriented place it’s very hard work so I wouldn’t take it lightly
Pros
Free lunces
Cons
Short break
chicken
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WADecember 29, 2018
weather its producing the chicken to cleaning the chicken, if you cant keep up, you might as well find another place to work because they don't mess around.
Pros
easy to get a job there as they go through people like it was yesturday
Cons
cant slow down
A typical day
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 28, 2018
There's favortism for as advancing in the company. I learned to be a team player & help my co workers. F.F. is a very large company. You have to use safety procedures daily & throughout. You meet allot of people, some good, some are not. You just have to focus on your work & get the job done correctly. It can be a bit stressful at times. Due to their being so many people competing to climb to the next level. Overall it's decent pay.
truck driver class a (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 25, 2018
Fantastic place to work new equipment safe great benefits uniforms love the overtime weekly pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Slow trucks
its a cool place to work pretty good people
retail (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALDecember 19, 2018
I have never had any problems. if you're a good worker dependable person they'll work with you. its a cold environment but they give you a pretty good break to regroup so I'll recommend it
Horrible
Cutter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 13, 2018
Very biased management, although straight 40 hours, weekly pay, if they can't work with you, don't work for them. Really for workers that just need easy money
Good workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  South El Monte, CADecember 9, 2018
Overall I enjoyed it , was a good experience, and got along with coworkers. The people are helpful and informative. Learned different things about trucks and trailers everyday.
production line
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CADecember 6, 2018
it was a good job but they're VERY strict with having to leave during the day. work was easy and other employees were great, supervisor was friendly and all
Great place if you want to advance.
Southern California Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Compton, CADecember 6, 2018
Foster Farms help employees develop by investing in their employees. This is a great company that rewards hard work and opportunities are given to those employees.
Stability
Loader/Hanger (Former Employee) –  Farmerville, LADecember 5, 2018
Working at the job was okay. The supervisor was fair. Training at different stations was provided. The job provided stability and raises were given annually.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Temperature at worksite

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foster Farms. Our community is ready to answer.