Foster Farms Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
An absolutw joke of an employer
Everything (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WAFebruary 17, 2018
A lot of the leadpersons are minorities and seem to single out the white people, same with supervision. You only get one lunch even if you're working 16 hours, first break is 10 minutes, last is fifteen and any other break after 8 hours is 10 minutes. Management runs their business off of fear, not respect and as a result you will be intimidated by higher ups. Also, little to no room for calling in, so if you're sick you're going to have to show up for work. Do not work here and do not buy their products, this company is a westernized sweatshop. The benefits are nice, but you wont make enough money to afford them.
Pros
Uhh
Cons
Working here
Productivity and Environment
Breast Packager (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAFebruary 14, 2018
The productivity rate is pretty good its quick paced but not always due to malfunctions. I enjoyed working there for the most part due to the Environment. There are a lot of great people with great attitudes and cultural differences.
Pros
The friends you make and the skills you learn
Cons
The pay and the management
was working with grreat people
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work was getting along with everyone there and finish work to be able to go home with your family. I enjoyed working there would want to work there again
it was a good experience
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The days were cold & long. moderate lifting & packaging. had to learn how to run the conveyor belt & work the machines. the staff was cool there & the seemed like they cared. it was just really cold & fast paced.
Pros
They got paid every friday
Cons
It was a rough job to get use too
Great place to work if you want to learn about agriculture.
Ranch laborer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked on a turkey ranch and it was probably my favorite job so far. I had to leave to return to school but I know there is an open position for me anytime if I wanted to go back because i was a hard worker that picked things up fast.
Deliver feed (Former Employee) –  Delhi, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Deliver feed in a safe, efficient and courteous manner while conforming to all applicable policies and procedures concerning delivery, quality assurance, quarantine and bio-security. Salvage feed from ranches as necessary Maintain Driver Activity Logs and related paperwork as required by Feed mill Management, also use of Telogis System Keep Dispatch Foreperson advised of any problems arising on the ranches that could affect feed delivery, Use the Union Pacific Train to move the cars to offload grain to silos. Perform pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and document any and all problems with the vehicle.
Horrible experience
Fillet loader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 7, 2018
My overall experience at foster farms was horrible they treat employees like slaves. The pay is horrible they play with you money but expect you to work 10 ,11,12, hours a day after your specific department is done over poor management would not recommend this job for anyone to work at
Pros
Free turkey for holidays
Cons
Short breaks horrible pay poor management
Temp job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2018
This job wasn't one of the best jobs I've ever had, but I needed to work so I took this job working in the inventory department. Counting nuts, bolts, and belts wasn't something I had envisioned in doing.
Long but mostly rewarding days
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARJanuary 30, 2018
Day involves coming into setup supplies for truck drivers then anticipating and organizing shipment of egg transfers. Then spend most of the day building egg pallets and doing paperwork. It's physically demanding and can be stressful.

The management and employees here are generally easy to work with. Drama was minimal and everyone had a get-it-done attitude. Made long days a lot shorter.

The hardest part of this job is when things go wrong, ex. if a truck breaks down or someone knocks over a pallet of eggs. This is a stay-until-its-finished kind of job, so accidents and breakdowns can make for very long and stressful days.

The best part of this job was that drama and backstabbing was minimal. It really goes a long way to be able to focus on your job and get through the day.
Pros
Benefits, good hourly rate, coworkers, hour lunch, two days off
Cons
Extremely physically demanding, some stress
Fast paced and good hours
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 27, 2018
As soon as you clock in the work begins. It can be a messy job but time goes by fast because you constantly stay busy some of the supervisors were good there was a few that could be better
Pros
Hours
Cons
dirty job
Average
packaging and Supply employee (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Fast paced work environment, always on the move with very long hours and work weeks of 6 days per week. This job did not offer much time to have a life outside of work based upon the demanding nature of the work.
eh.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WA 98626January 25, 2018
the benefits were amazing but the person that trained me didn't do a very good job. i was confused some of the time and when i had a question they didn't take me seriously or just didn't care.
Too much stress, not enough pay
Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 22, 2018
If you like working 60 hours a week for next to nothing, stress filled work, incompetent management team, and disrespectful co-workers then Foster Farms is the place for you.
Cons
stressful, and relaxing at the same time
Housekeeping (cleaning) (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 12, 2018
good place to work. great people all around. management is not so good, some days you work harder then anyone with no help what so ever. nothing is planned so you never know what the schedule is going to be.
Over all it was a ok work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALJanuary 9, 2018
Only thing I didn't like about foster farm was that we had to work on Saturdays n I have kids that take away there time spending wit them the management was ok n the timely hrs was ok jus working on Sat put stress away frm my family
Assemlble line worker at High pace
Line Worker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day of work includes packaging the chicken trays and cleaning the trays. The hardest part of the job is working in the cooler at a low temperature. I don't want to say anything bad about Foster Farms because they gave me work when I needed the most but most of the foremen were more helpful towards Mexican but not me because I'm Indian and I don't speak Spanish. Some of the people with whom I work were helpful.
Pros
free turkey on thanksgiving.
Cons
Work at extremely fast pace, no time to do any domestic works because of the working hours.
Favoritism
Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Livingston, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The supervisors showed favoritism for some of the employees and kept the others from advancing. Also the "working foreperson" on two shifts were only working their fingers on the phones
Pros
close to home
Cons
Managment
Sanatation
Sanatation (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 20, 2017
Sanatation was a little challenging at first but once you start coming in everyday you’ll start getting use to the environment and learning very fast . They also have a outstanding pick of Supervisors and Super attendant who are willing to work with you .....
There are opportunities for training in other departments.
Produccion Technician (Current Employee) –  Livingston, CADecember 16, 2017
It is a fast paced place to work but overall, it has opportunities for advancement for those who may want to upgrade the ladder of success. It also has good benefits. However, the employees need to share some out of pocket money to cover for medical benefits.
Pros
People are hired easily.
Cons
Very cold temperature inside.
productive and professional environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CADecember 15, 2017
Very respectful people with all the same goals as yourself. Everyone works together to get the job done. Very easy instructions with no surprises. All the staff and supervisors are very kind and respectful with easy going personality's
Pros
Really good work hours and great environment
Cons
smells and not for the easy stomach