Foster Fuels, Inc. Employee Reviews

Non typical
Private security contractor (Former Employee) –  Brookneal, VAJune 4, 2018
My position at foster fuels was non-typical and my opinion is based on my specific position and does not reflect on the everyday function at foster fuels , my experience was great, long hours hard work but a great bunch of guys to work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Non
Good people but terribly managed
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookneal, VADecember 5, 2017
People are friendly but the management structure is archaic and ridiculous. The company is in a period of growth and has grown beyond the ability of a few key personnel to micromanage all activity and has not yet adjusted to a more reasonable set of expectations and management strategies. There are a number of key staff who are out of their depth - lacking both work experience and skillset - for the roles that they are in. Basically, a small company that is growing to a mid-sized company and going through painful transitions as a result.

There are very few career paths available at this company and there are no annual reviews or merit-based increases. It's an open secret that the accepted way to get a raise is to threaten to leave. There is very little in the way of policy that is expected at minimum to operate a business. Very "ad-hoc" to say the least.

If you have a good manager this is an okay place to work but if not it can be a nightmare.
Pros
Friendly and pleasant coworkers
Cons
Terrible management structure
Family owned company with wonderful co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brookneal, VAJanuary 23, 2013
I loved the people that I worked with. They were helpful. I learned more in more detail what it is like to work in an office setting. The hardest part of the job was answering the multi-line phone system.

Willing to discuss this job....
Cons
i did not get the proper training that i needed to be as sucessful as i wanted to be.