Foundation Laboratory Employee Reviews

Intern Position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CASeptember 4, 2018
I learned data management, patient intake and care, answering and returning phone calls, assistance with basic medical procedures, filing important documents in the appropriate patient charts.
Micromanaged place
Claims Collection Specialists (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJune 28, 2018
This is by far the WORST employer I have ever worked for. I can honestly say I hated my job at this place. Everyday waking up was horrible knowing I had to be in this jail for 8 hours a day. I knew my first week at this job I hated it! The employees are super nice. The managers are like the CO’s of this prison watching your every move and key stroke!

If you liked to be micromanaged and your every move watched this is the place for you. When I started here I was hired with four other girls. Myself and one of the girls quit, and the other was fired within her first 30 days. Your just a number at this company and if your not bringing in the money they will let you go. Even if you are bringing it in there’s no job security here. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!
Pros
Cons
Micromanaged
Dysfunctional workplace.
Pomona Ca. -Lab Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 9, 2018
Micromanagement. Management is incompetent which causes the workplace to be dysfunctional. The employees are not allowed to do their jobs or able to use their experiences to make the job more efficient.
Cheap Cheap and Cheap!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 26, 2018
Do not believe you’ll get a 90 day review.....horrible pay.... the company doesn’t not have your back.... no advancement.... worse company I’ve ever worked for....
Pros
Hour lunch... weekends off
Cons
Horrible pay and lying managers
Management helps their personnel to improve
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 16, 2018
Its a good place to work. This job is great as an entry level. Trainors are kind and courteous. I learned a lot from them. they give minimum wage for new hire.
Not worth it
CPT1 (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 11, 2018
Poor management and huge lack of communication that you will get blamed for! This is the lowest paying company that will have you doing the most. Most doctors offices you’re placed at will be small and shabby with some of the rudest doctors I’ve met. Company is really cheap and has no appreciation for they’re employees.
—No chance of advancement here so keep looking or don’t plan on staying here too long. —
Pros
Employees are helpful
Cons
Short breaks, lots of driving around
Job security at the expense of privacy
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 4, 2018
If you can get past them constantly monitoring your every move - then you can work here with a great sense of job security! The owners and supervisors enforce a great deal on all employees' actions, with consequence for even the smallest mistakes.
Cheap cheap environment pays very low
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2018
Cheap company pays very low for the responsibility given,
Cheap on supplies, locations varies some providers are extremely nice then there’s rude stafff Hoovering ur shoulder .not professional at alll.
Pros
For a inexperienced phlebotomist great learning experience
Cons
Pays is awful
Fun place to work
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 10, 2017
I highly recommend Foundation Lab for per diem work and for those people who live near the lab. It's a good company to work for part time or on call.
Pros
stress free
Cons
The commute if you live far.
They give a room in a doctor's office or family clinic for this job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2017
There is no privacy for patients.
Poor management and communication.
I learned how to deal with difficult people and improvise
There is no appreciation for you good work.
The facility where they located me is and smells old.
Pros
Pay on time, internet access
Cons
No overtime
Great for beginners
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAOctober 2, 2017
When I started at Foundation Laboratories, I was fresh out of school. I appreciated the opportunity. But they started. me off at less than promised. Rarely ever supervised. I saw between 2 to 15 patients per day. Some days are slower than others. I work part time and go to school so it was convenient. I had free time to do homework at work.
great
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 27, 2017
great personal its a pleasure working with this company hours are flexible and the staff is very responsible the patients are easy to work with them all the time
Small company low pay benefits arent good
Certified Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 1, 2017
The worst pay since I have worked in this field. No direct deposit her high premiums for insurance. I work in a stand alone pcs. I check in patients draw their bold process their blood enter on o he computer and verify insurance benefits.
Pros
Slow paced payed time off
Cons
Pay is terrible
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Productive and fun place to work with lots of hands on experience. Hours were good and workload was not too much.

Staff were friendly and had a sense of community.
productive place to work for
Duties as Head Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Merced, CA 95340July 1, 2016
good company to work for, to bad they closed down the Merced lab loved working on my own, Management was great.got along co-workers.
Perfect to learn.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 14, 2016
Perfect place to learn. Was given the opportunity to be trained and learned of many tasks I never visioned a Medical Assistant could accomplish from legal paper work to learning Range of Motion. very humble Doctor who sees potential.
Productive.
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 11, 2016
It was a really great experience working there getting my requirements done for my externship. Management and fellow co-workers were very enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Learning environment, productive.
Cons
Some days would go by slower than others due to patient volume.
Strong Company without the needless STRESS!
Patient Care Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 16, 2015
I have been at a company where the employees felt the need to undermine each other out of fear for their job...But here at Foundation Lab, that atmosphere is not present.

Every employee works together and helps each other any way they can.

Employees are trained to perform their duties, and should one ever have a question, we are encouraged to ask anyone in the company for assistance.
Pros
Can call any employee with a question and they will all try to help!
Foundation Lab
Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 21, 2015
Each PSC is worked by one person. That phlebotomist is in charge of making sure everything is up to code. I learned how to be independent and work well alone, but have also gotten the chance to work at a location where I was in charge or two other phlebotomist. The hardest part of the job is when you have to say goodbye to pts do to their insurance change. You really get to know your pts very well and they you. The most enjoyable part is again getting to know all these wonderful pts. Some pts in I have seen grow up, they have been pts of mine for years.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no breaks
Productive and enjoyably place to work
Volunteered Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 7, 2015
I have no complaints about foundation lab. Productive but yet organized environment to work. Coworkers work as a team and assist each other as needed.
Pros
Great place to start for phlebotomy
Cons
Not too many labs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foundation Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.