Foundation Medicine, Inc.

Working at Foundation Medicine, Inc.: 40 Reviews

United States40 reviews

paymanagementgreatworkgoodbenefitcultureenvironment

Great place to Start

This is a good place to start out if you're trying to figure out which way you want to go with your career. Management was very shaky, constantly getting a new manager was extremely hard to deal with.

Extremely nice place to work at

Very fun place to work Majority of people are professional and very talented Company's atmosphere is persuasive to do your best Lots of resources available to grow Higher management are very helpful

Foundation Medicine, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Would not recommend

All about the bottom lined. Take shortcuts, not interested in doing it right. No thought about t involv I nv quality on GxP decisions. Lots of turnover after I left. I would not work there again.

Be Prepared Mentally

There is favoritism towards the morning/swing shift and the amount of work they do. This puts tons of deadlines on graveyard shift to finish as much as possible to make up for the previous shifts. The manager is sleeping on the job and only awakened when needed. Promotions are based on who the manager of the shift deems worthy which is based on whoever brown noses the most. The amount of growth is very limited in this position. Overall, my best advice for this job is to try to take a morning shift position.

Stay away from Lab Operations Department

I can only speak for the Lab Operations which has a toxic work culture: micro-mangement and mico-aggression from middle management are a norm with little remedy. Little to no growth. Turn over rate here is exceedingly high to no one's surprise.

Always on Eggshells

Micromanaging is top notch at this company. If you don’t tow the line you are out of there no matter the reason. Everyone is out for themselves. If you don’t agree with management you are on warning no matter what. Be careful.

Fast-paced work place

Very fast-paced. Poor pay. Poor management. Over worked and underpaid. Lots of miscommunication. Unfair treatment from employee to employee. Management does not care for employees well-being.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Management, work-load, poor work/life balance, poor pay, gossip

Official response from Foundation Medicine, Inc.

January 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at FMI. Your experience with respect to management and working conditions is not consistent with our values. If you are willing, please provide more information to employee.relations@foundationmedicine.com or, should you wish to submit a report anonymously you may do so through our external “Say Something” compliance hotline at https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/62287/index.html

Laboratory assistant

Good first job. Upper manage met could care less about you. They will tell you what you want to hear but never back it up. The pay is not completive with the market at all. Good benefits but that is about it.

Pros

Benifits, felxabile PTO, good coworkers

Cons

Upper management, pay rate insane amount of emails

Great company. great culture

If you’re going to get into the biotech field, Foundation Medicine is the place to be. A great place to work with a lot of support from management and colleagues.

Pros

Benefits, culture, work/life balance

Cons

Productive workplace with a strong mission and cares for its employees

This company is both patient-centered and takes care of employees well. There’s a strong culture of collaboration, innovation, and passion for patients. There are plenty of resources to develop and grow professionally.

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits

What an experience

This companies client service department is a huge mess. They only advance people they like or can’t hush. Management picks and chooses who they want to be nice to and let things slide with. The customer service department is a mess right now. They take back to back calls all day with very little time in between. They have something to say about what you did every other day. Management does not have your back and they don’t even care about the job. They promote people who are condescending and nice nasty to people under them. The pay is good but it’s not worth the headache

Pros

They feed you at times

Cons

Short breaks weekly meetings with your supervisor about how and what you mess up

Excellent company

Although my time working there was short due to personal reasons, I can still say this was a nice place to work. It was a small knit company that took pride in helping people feel better using natural medicine.

Amazing culture

Incredible shared passion for transforming cancer care! Fast growing dynamic culture where you can be yourself and contribute your strengths in service of the mission.

Productive and fun workspace

It was a great experience working at FMI. The continued support, motivation from teammates and fun work space enables you to be a better employee. I loved working here!

This is a job

This is a job where you get an interview you get hired. Once you start you are informed of your duties and responsibilities you go to work and then you go home.

Bad

Not enjoyable at all. I truly felt like I was not appreciated as a person and management did a terrible job at helping me advance my skills. There were no SOPs and everything was disorganized.

Solid company that promotes the welfare of its employees

This company cares for its patients and for its employees. There are many ways to continue one's education and find ways to stay current. They have a highly structured lab that ensures timely processing of patient samples.

Horrible place for contractors

They fired me for taking a day & a half off for the death of my grandmother. I left early when I got the call that she was unconscious and I took off the day she died last week. I was fired this morning for "unexcused absences". The contractor I went through even said it was wrong and unfair. I would never recommend anyone to work there. EVER

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Very clique centered

Great

Great company to work for, great benefits, great job advancement. Offers opportunities for advancment. Fun culture, good pay, awesome managers, and great office space.

Generally a good place to work

Long hours are expected There is a fast pace work environment expected at all times Relaxed behavior is sometimes seen as no sense of urgency Pay is competitive and benefits are good People are generally friendly and good to work with Management can be a bit wacky, very hard to know what to expect in their behavior

Pros

Food trucks, Good co-workers, Competitive pay

Cons

Managers are unpredictable and slightly out of touch, VERY HIGH sensitivity levels, feels like there are clicks or "good ol' boys club"

Great culture and leadership

This company wants to keep their employees and provide them with what they need to become successful. They want to provide us with a work/life balance and will do what they can to help in that manner. They offer great benefits and also host events and employee outings. They provide free lunch at times and other fun activities. The general atmosphere is laid back but you also have to go after what you want and ask for it.

Common questions about Foundation Medicine, Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Foundation Medicine, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foundation Medicine, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Foundation Medicine, Inc. with

• Foundation Medicine, Inc.