Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

was a good place to start as a new grad RN
Registered Nurse, Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 6, 2018
I received a good clinical foundation here as a new graduate RN. They offered the Versant Nurse Residency Program which helped me transition from a new grad to a practicing nurse. I worked night shifts and was a part of a great team.
June 7, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

very poor management
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 2, 2018
here you don't get work life balance, whenever they need they can call you. if you say no then you have to face the consequence . Too much heavy stuff to carry on, you don' t get time to sneeze. I will never recommend anyone to come to place this place and work as no career growth.
Pros
too many shifts
Cons
too much heavy workload, they will treat you as a slave.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Nice Hospital
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 28, 2018
Small community hospital, great staff, excellent healthcare providers, relaxed environment as far as healthcare jobs go, no trauma department in ER, lots of outpatient services
April 29, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

part time job
PBX/Admitting (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 13, 2018
This was a part time job. I went from PBX to Admistraitons. Worked on weekends and a couple afternoon to fill in and help out. the job was easy and fun.
Pros
part time
Cons
Part time and low pay
April 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Employed many years ago
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 3, 2018
I was a registered nurse for 1 year, 18 years ago, working on a telemetry unit.
People were pleasant when I worked there in 1998-1999. I cannot give a current review.
April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review of Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center.

Poor management. Heavy workloads. Some nasty staff. Some on drugs.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 3, 2018
Management was poor. Workload was ridiculous. Director and supervisor were incompetent.Staff was marginal and not helpful. Some cut throat individuals.
Pros
a salary
Cons
working there
April 4, 2018

Typical Day
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 29, 2018
Provide Assistance in all areas. Specially help sales reps get around the Hospital. In addition, provide Purchase Orders and make sure correct produicts were being ordered
March 31, 2018

Volunteering
PATIENT & INFORMATION DESK VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  fountain valley, caMarch 11, 2018
The work environment did allow improvement after months and going from a different department. Managers were flexible and allowed you to change time and day. Hardest part of the job was not being able to fully help out patients. Enjoyable part was being able to go to different departments.
Pros
experience
Cons
work pace
March 12, 2018

Fvrh
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 29, 2018
I was a volunteer at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital. All of the employees here are very nice from the nurses, administrative staff, to the doctors.
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers
January 31, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Understaffed, overworked nurses
CLINICAL II, CCRN REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Nurses are burned out at Fountain Valley. The hospital keeps the ICU understaffed. There are many days we don't get our lunch or any breaks during a 12-hour shift.
Pros
heart center, stroke center, diabetes center
Cons
For profit hospital cares more about shareholders than patients
January 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Decent
EMT Basic (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Decent work environment. Enjoyable hospital to work in, unfortunately workers and management needed to be more responsible. Low pay, along with a snarky work environment didn't lead to a long stay.
January 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Fun People to work with
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 6, 2018
my co-workers made it fun and inviting to work there, helping the community was also very rewarding. As well as assisting all of the elderly that came through the registration process.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
not enough coverage, lack of communication
January 8, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Do not start
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 7, 2017
Per diem pay is very low compared to the rest of the staff. Per diem is needed for staff to have days/nights off, for call ins, or short staffed. They are the first ones sent home when it’s not busy and do not get benefits. They are there to help. Pay them accordingly!
Pros
Cons
Pay, short staffed
December 8, 2017

We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay/benefits offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Great experience!
employee (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 6, 2017
You can tell that the culture at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is changing. The executives and hospital leadership team are visible and engaging - more so than I've ever seen. The hospital, like nearly all employers, is not without it problems. But everyone seems committed to making it the best place to work.
Pros
coworkers, management, location, advancement
Cons
campus size
November 7, 2017

Loved the staff but managent sucked.They we're small minded.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Surgical floorsNovember 2, 2017
Layed off after 19 yrs.said that position no longer exists.yet they have an ad out for that position.they constantly sent me home earlyo. I didn't get full time for two years.They gossiped about their own employees.They we're very negative.never supportive.
Pros
Cons
Unreliable
November 4, 2017

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Fountain Valley's management. Our employees' happiness is always top-of-mind, and we are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations. We will address this with hospital leadership.

Awful
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 2, 2017
Poor leadership. Disorganized.Illegal issues. Huge workloads. No supervisor backup.Rude ICU nurses.The most enjoyable part of the job was going home. Not much else to say.
November 4, 2017

We take employee complaints very seriously. We will address this with hospital leadership and review your concerns.

not much mgmt support
Med/surg Floor Full Time (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 5, 2017
Staffed with bare minimum. Not much support from management, especially immediate supervisor. More negative than positive culture. Best part of job is support of co-workers. Hardest is lack of support of mgmt.
October 7, 2017

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Fountain Valley's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times. We will look into this situation further to address the concerns you raise.

UNIT/WARD SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  float poolSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff it is a generally supportive environment. with most people being able to work together it can get stressful with the staffing ratios
September 21, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Great environment
Bariatric Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 8, 2017
I would recommend working at this work place for several reasons, great pay, great benefits and very professional coworkers. Fantastic hosptial for all .
Enjoyed my employment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 6, 2017
I worked in the mother baby area. It was a happy place. I had some great friends. I loved my job. I left to do per diem and go to school full time . At times I wish Id never left there because that was a great area to work in
Pros
Good people
Cons
Weekends, holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Reviews by Location