Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place for learning
Surgical Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 27, 2018
I Interned for 3 months in the Main OR as part of my surgical technician education. I learned invaluable skills that I will carry with me in my career.
August 29, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional's success.

Sad treat us like dirt
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 25, 2018
Don't work here they dragged us through the dirt with no explanation. Myself and co-workers were hired on dou. Myself there 5 years another co-worker there 11 years and a few year here and a year there. Now for some reason they say they never had funds for us pull this off our floor and treating us like dirt putting us back into float pool without our consent nasty Hospital stay away
Pros
Its work
Cons
New mamagememt is trying to micro, lol . Everyone is disgusted
August 26, 2018

We're sorry to hear this but appreciate your honesty. This will be shared with leadership immediately but also encourage you to discuss with your supervisor.

Admitting Management awful
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 17, 2018
Usually pretty stressed out people working. Some have been there for a very long time, some are very stuck in their ways. some days are good easy going. Some great people there but also some very stressed people as well.
Pros
Pay, some co workers.
Cons
The Medical staff, some of the old timers, and the patients.
August 18, 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback. We will share this with management. Thank you for your review.

Rude employees, supervisors
Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 6, 2018
I worked the night shift with barely any supervision. The Phlebotomists were great and everyone helped everyone else out. We had a supervisor assault an employee, various fights in the lab and just abusive language, favoritism and cliques. OSHA was called and this lab was fined because employees were eating in the lab and keeping food in a fridge marked for reagents only.
August 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

FVRH Review
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 1, 2018
The hospital is Tenet owner and the business end is run by a different company which is constantly changing. I’d recommend for experience only. Training onsite was not feasible and it was rushed. Schedule was not too flexible due to short staff.
Pros
Hospital environment good area
Cons
Unorganized, short staffed
August 3, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with management and HR. Our employees' happiness and success is of utmost importance to us.

Fvrh
Registered Nurse and Hyperbaric Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 31, 2018
Great facility, great administration, and great leadership. The physicians and nurses at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital are a joy to work with. Would recommend.
August 2, 2018

great working hours
Quality Assurance Nurse - Quality Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 14, 2018
Was laid off after 21 years of work due to downsizing and outsources by the hospital. HR did not offer early retirement for people that want it until the Union got involved!
Pros
great director and co workers, flexible hours
Cons
no recognition for the works
June 16, 2018

Thank you for the review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

was a good place to start as a new grad RN
Registered Nurse, Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 6, 2018
I received a good clinical foundation here as a new graduate RN. They offered the Versant Nurse Residency Program which helped me transition from a new grad to a practicing nurse. I worked night shifts and was a part of a great team.
June 7, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

very poor management
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 2, 2018
here you don't get work life balance, whenever they need they can call you. if you say no then you have to face the consequence . Too much heavy stuff to carry on, you don' t get time to sneeze. I will never recommend anyone to come to place this place and work as no career growth.
Pros
too many shifts
Cons
too much heavy workload, they will treat you as a slave.
May 4, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Nice Hospital
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 28, 2018
Small community hospital, great staff, excellent healthcare providers, relaxed environment as far as healthcare jobs go, no trauma department in ER, lots of outpatient services
April 29, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

part time job
PBX/Admitting (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 13, 2018
This was a part time job. I went from PBX to Admistraitons. Worked on weekends and a couple afternoon to fill in and help out. the job was easy and fun.
Pros
part time
Cons
Part time and low pay
April 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Employed many years ago
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 3, 2018
I was a registered nurse for 1 year, 18 years ago, working on a telemetry unit.
People were pleasant when I worked there in 1998-1999. I cannot give a current review.
April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review of Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center.

Poor management. Heavy workloads. Some nasty staff. Some on drugs.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 3, 2018
Management was poor. Workload was ridiculous. Director and supervisor were incompetent.Staff was marginal and not helpful. Some cut throat individuals.
Pros
a salary
Cons
working there
April 4, 2018

Typical Day
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 29, 2018
Provide Assistance in all areas. Specially help sales reps get around the Hospital. In addition, provide Purchase Orders and make sure correct produicts were being ordered
March 31, 2018

Volunteering
PATIENT & INFORMATION DESK VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  fountain valley, caMarch 11, 2018
The work environment did allow improvement after months and going from a different department. Managers were flexible and allowed you to change time and day. Hardest part of the job was not being able to fully help out patients. Enjoyable part was being able to go to different departments.
Pros
experience
Cons
work pace
March 12, 2018

Fvrh
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 29, 2018
I was a volunteer at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital. All of the employees here are very nice from the nurses, administrative staff, to the doctors.
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers
January 31, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Understaffed, overworked nurses
CLINICAL II, CCRN REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Nurses are burned out at Fountain Valley. The hospital keeps the ICU understaffed. There are many days we don't get our lunch or any breaks during a 12-hour shift.
Pros
heart center, stroke center, diabetes center
Cons
For profit hospital cares more about shareholders than patients
January 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Decent
EMT Basic (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Decent work environment. Enjoyable hospital to work in, unfortunately workers and management needed to be more responsible. Low pay, along with a snarky work environment didn't lead to a long stay.
January 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Fun People to work with
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 6, 2018
my co-workers made it fun and inviting to work there, helping the community was also very rewarding. As well as assisting all of the elderly that came through the registration process.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
not enough coverage, lack of communication
January 8, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Do not start
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 7, 2017
Per diem pay is very low compared to the rest of the staff. Per diem is needed for staff to have days/nights off, for call ins, or short staffed. They are the first ones sent home when it’s not busy and do not get benefits. They are there to help. Pay them accordingly!
Pros
Cons
Pay, short staffed
December 8, 2017

We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay/benefits offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about