Fountains Country Club Employee Reviews

Just not the place
Cook (Former Employee) –  LakworthDecember 26, 2018
Their manegmant was bad I don't like how the pay was.I think it cloud be way more than what it is. They were just not happy campers they always were so grumpy
Cons
Mean people work there I like to work around happy people
A job I worked at and was compensated for it
Bag Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 4, 2018
It is unlawful for an employer to answer questions about a prior employee, Beyond, confirming dates of employment, pay rate, and if they would rehire. I understand this is not governed by such laws, but, I believe in the principle behind it, So, all I will say is I would not work there, again.
Great Manageent Team
Assistant Controller- Northstar Software (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 24, 2018
Working at the Fountains allowed me to grow as person, as well as professionally. I will always be grateful to the management staff that worked with me while I was attending college classes. The management team understood employees family came first.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Had to Layoff employees
excellent chef to work for
Banquet Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2018
Happy to be employed at the fountains and the chef that I was working under was well trained and knowledgeable at the time.
after the Fountains, I had moved with the Ex. Chef to another CC in south Florida
fun work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 16, 2018
I learned a lot about fountains . i enjoyed to work with my co worker , they are very friendly , we had a good management staff, they are very approachable , they work together with the staff, the hardest part of the job , i try to make it easier , because i really enjoyed to work there .
Pros
free lunch lunch
Cons
short breaks
membership is to needy
member guest functions (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 17, 2018
When I started there the club was losing 1.9 M a year and when I left it was 1.2 M lose. Membership wanted everything and then some but did not want to pay the price, just in give away to ladies and men card rooms I found my first month there 20000.00 in free food, They did not want to reduce that infact they increased it by adding more snacks, Anyways then they would complain about cost
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Membership is very tough
Under new ownership
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 12, 2018
New ownership displaced about 40% of existing staff only to replace with new staff. Misled entire population with false statement that ALL employees would undergo 90-day probationary period. That is NOT how they proceeded once they took ownership.
Bittersweet
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 22, 2018
With any job in customer service, there were lots of pros and cons. There were the members that made your job slightly more difficult, but then there were the members that made it all worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, nice uniforms, great golf benefits
Cons
Sometime unpleasant members
enjoyable to worh for the members
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 11, 2017
working for the the membership was very enjoyable.

I offer leadership with my pass years as a Plant Mgr.solving problems,and keep the membership happy with my prsformance.
Accounts payable was a mess when I got there.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 4, 2017
My hiring manager told me that the person who had been doing my job before I got there had left things in a mess. He was correct!!
I worked lots of overtime trying to get my work area clean from all the invoices lying everywhere and catching up the late payments.
This job was so challenging that I even ask the manager for help
and they did hire another temporary person. We worked together to improve the work area and it was in good shape when I left.
management
Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Great Manager. Company takes good care of their employees.The company also provides great benefits. The environment is very welcoming and uplifting. powerful cohesion through out the staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care, dental, paid vacations
Worse management. .kemper sports
Cook (Former Employee) –  KitchenJanuary 30, 2017
Worse company to work for. .treatment is worse than animals,no respect what soever for employes,no benefits, they take a beautiful country club down to hashes. .between members fighting each other and kemper. Fountains country club is history. .
Pros
Non
No Review Available At This Time
Membership Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 18, 2016
Would rather not leave a written review at this time due to some obvious concerns about internet security and the reputation of the Club.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Employee morale - very poor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 4, 2016
The first 10 years were great! Then management removed the Humans out of the Human Resources Department and the employee morale began going downhill rapidly. Benefits were cut, staff was told to "brush up your resume" because we can't afford you. There was favoritism, back stabbing and employees were terminated. A management company took over the day to day operations; and the staff had to re-apply for their positions; but all of their vacation benefits were taken down to zero! It is absolutely disgusting how you treat staff and then expect them to put on a happy face and promote the company!
Well controlled and managed environment
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Lake worth, FloridaAugust 18, 2015
My work day started early, I learned a lot about leading and caring about the people who make it happen in our business, the staff. Managed by helping staff improve, sharpening their skills. Co-workers are great to work along side. Hardest part is looking for ways to do it better. Being around people is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Was a great golf community until our memberships went way down
Director of Club Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 7, 2014
Great golf community for our members, as I have grown to have great relations with. I've learned a lot of necessities for different areas of managing several departments. We had a great staff as we had alot of employees that have been there for 10,15,20,25yrs....
The hardest part of the job was to ensure ALL our members were cared for and treated as the private club they owned, and challenges of keeping memberships. I enjoyed the many employees that I've worked with just like a family and we had the best General Manager who has taught me so much of the business, as he always treated everyone with so much respect.
Pros
They would provide food, plus we had charities we attened there
Cons
Challanges in keeping all happy, sad to watch our members pass
Wonderful co-workers, wonderful members
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 27, 2013
Very busy, very exciting place to work.

Dedicated staff, interesting work, open door policy and open to innovative ideas
Creative Environment
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FloridaSeptember 29, 2012
Every day is different. From checking menus to see what dinners and parties are lined up, to setting up elaborate buffets. Work a few hours on the cold line, and get ready for dinner and dessert.
Learned new and expanded on ideas and recipes.
Was responsible for 6 employees. Take direction well and get along with all co-workers.
Hardest and best part of the job is pop up, last minute orders, but it's exciting to get them done and I adapt well. Being able to utilize my creativity is the best experience.