Four County Counseling Center Employee Reviews

Poor management and little to no ability for raises
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 10, 2018
My coworkers were enjoyable, as was my direct manager. Management higher up is terrible and does not consider day-to-day challenges of employees. There is little to no chance of getting a raise, especially if you have been there for any significant amount of time. It has become a money-hungry business with a great deal of turnover.
Pros
Pto, vacation days, flexible schedule for some positions
Cons
Poor management, poor coordination, low pay
Team Work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INAugust 7, 2018
The employees within this organization work as a team and help each other out. The overall goal of the organization is to provide the best client care possible.
Pros
Team work, collaboration, supportive atmosphere, caring clinicians and management.
Enjoyable Job, Horrible Communication
CLIENT CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 17, 2018
The job can be stressful at times, however, if you love making a difference in peoples' lives then this is a great job for you. Not everyone can handle it.
Pros
Rewarding, Great Co-workers, Flexible
Cons
Miscommunication, Short staffed, Stressful
There are some communciation and training errors in this company.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 9, 2018
The overall experience of Four County Counseling Center is a welcoming experience. The training was overall effective but definitely needs some work. As a case manager i can say that the work load is overwhelming and the lack of communication between staff and management is minimal. Staff should feel that they can communicate struggles with management without feeling that they will be punished. Often times the training that is offered is not sufficient enough for the quality of work that is expected.
Pros
The pros of the job were the bonus, and the ability to make my own schedule.
Cons
The cons of the job were the expensive healthcare options, and the lack of training and communication.
Okay
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJuly 3, 2018
Okay place to work. Environment can be stressful due to being a mental health institution. Manager very nice. Good benefits. Little unorganized but good people.
Four County
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 1, 2018
I love the kids and people I work with, but the paperwork becomes overwhelming. There really isn't much room for advancement. Asking for raises rarely work.
Pros
Paid mileage, company issued phone and laptop
Cons
Lack of advancement, stress, paperwork
very well established agency, JCAHO accredited
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJune 17, 2018
Four County Counseling Center serves seven counties in Indiana, in areas where there is great need for mental health care. Without this agency, the communities would have little to no resources for meeting their mental health care needs.
Pros
professional colleagues, diverse client polulation
Cons
Caseload is heavy in community mental health as is the norm.
This is a job requiring caring people
Client care specialist (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INMay 12, 2018
Four County requires a caring staff that don't mind working multiple shifts each week. Clients have a variety of mental health issues and you frequently have to work alone at the group homes. You pass meds coordinate to get clients to appointments . encourage clients to accomplish daily chores , cooking and cleaning. You assist clients with meal planning and grocery shopping as well as weekly shopping and outing. You will deal with client issues and being a strong but calming voice.
Pros
The chance to make a difference in someones life.
Cons
Dealing with work polotics.
Terrible upper management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 26, 2018
Upper mgmt does not relate to office staff but manage them. Employees doing the work of 2 people. Clients dbl booked and turned away. No pay raises ever. Very money hungry management
Cons
No raises terrible non caring management
It is a nice place to work
Targeted Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSApril 16, 2018
I love all my coworkers, there are some pretty great people working there.A variety of ages and qualifications. I would recommend people to work here.
Fantastic co-workers, Horrible management, VERY LOW pay.
CCCS (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 10, 2018
Love my co-workers! Horrible management, have zero courtesy, respect or care for employees. Problem resolution in non-existent. The pay is laughable at the very least with no raises EVER. If you think working here, that you can make a positive difference, you will not. The atmosphere from management attitudes and demands will rob you of your good spirit and deprive you of joy.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Horrible Management, Low pay, No raises.
Horrible place to work
Position (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSApril 6, 2018
For a place that is supposed to be family oriented, they don't care about their employee's health or wellbeing. I wouldnt recommend applying here if you want job stability or to be treated with respect. Don't get sick if you wanna keep your job.
Cons
Horrible managers, sexist expectations
Awesome Place to learn and grow
Representative Payee/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INFebruary 21, 2018
I have been able to transfer to different area with more responsibility but not compensated.

My supervisor is by far one of the best I have worked for and she has always encouraged me and my peer.
Never again
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJanuary 30, 2018
Hired me to do a job that turns out they didn't need done so most of my day was spent sitting there. Asked numerous times for things to do but there was never anything more to be done. The days were extremely long from sitting there doing nothing. Co-workers had no sense of humor and made for a difficult and unpleasant work environment. Co-worker being unwilling to talk to each other made the days seem even longer. No one was willing to help in a crisis situation. No one was willing to go out of their way to assist anyone else.
Pros
It paid SOMETHING
Cons
Terrible Pay and Hours, Boring
Extremely stressful place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJanuary 1, 2018
You get paid for 8 hours but you spent 10 hours a day to complete your work,. No overtime is allowed however you have to work 10 hours a day to complete paperwork after seeing clients during the 8 hour day.
Moral benefits
Psychosocial Aide (Current Employee) –  Independence, KSNovember 7, 2017
It was a job that had many moral rewards but did not pay well for the work being done by their employees. It was stressful and a chance for injury and they did little to care for their employees.
Pros
Great co workers, decent benefits
Cons
pay
Fun Team
Attendant Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJuly 21, 2017
It is not company wide, but I worked with an outstanding group of people that was always willing to reach out and help you when needed. My supervisor started out at the bottom and worked her way up so she understood multiple dynamics and was willing to help any way that she could.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Salary
Great staff, unrealistic expectations
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 18, 2017
There are a lot of great clinicians here and there are some wonderful opportunities to be mentored if you are vocal and assertive in seeking them. Unfortunately the culture has changed a lot, shift from focus on quality of care to numbers, which means less opportunity to collaborate with the treatment team and more time spent responding to emails, charting, etc. Some of the direct supervisors (including my former supervisor) are AMAZING, but others are very harsh. There are opportunities to speak up about issues within the agency but sadly I rarely saw service-level feedback result in meaningful agency change.
Pros
Great clinical staff
Cons
No breaks, unrealistic demands, low salary
Flexible schedule, but high pressure to meet quotas
ADULT CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INJuly 14, 2017
I love most of my coworkers. They are a great bunch of people that enjoy working together and help each other succeed. I love seeing my clients grow and become independent. The job is pretty rewarding if that is what you are wanting out of a job.

The downfalls are that you don't get promoted unless you are a either a pushy or bossy person or if you are a yes-man regardless of experience, education or performance. Once you show you are a productive case manager, you kind of get stuck in that role. Another problem is that there is no "one way" to do things. One person tells you to do things one way and another tells you a different way, which makes things confusing and difficult to do the job efficiently.

The so-so, the pay isn't horrible for an entry level position, especially if you have clients at all ends of the county and can rack up your mileage check that way. Other companies do pay more per hour, but not as much for mileage so it kind of balances out. But like I said, it is difficult to move up.

Overall, it's one of the best places I have ever worked. Most of the time I feel like it is worth it, but sometimes I don't feel like the one's dealing one on one with the clients are as appreciated as the management.
Pros
flexible scheduling, coworkers that help you succeed, feeling of accomplishment
Cons
lack of mobility, management that contridicts each other, not feeling appreciated by management
Fast paced amazing place with amazing coworkers and Clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJune 23, 2017
A typical day is assisting CL with daily living needs
I learned how to properly assess Clients and their needs to ensure all of their needs are met.
Hardest part of the job is learning the concerns/fears/history's of Clients.
Best part of the job is being able to help other's lead a full productive life despite their mental illness.
Pros
wonderful coworkers and management
Cons
stressful job