Four Seasons Employee Reviews

Found 824 reviews matching the search See all 1,390 reviews
Really fun work place but low salaries
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 9, 2018
Four Seasons at Park Lane has a really fun work environment. It's diverse and social. The salary for a reservations agent, however, is quite low, but then you have benefits like food and uniform etc. Management was poor in some department and the hotel has a typical strict 5-star hotel culture. However, if you do a good job and show that you want to do the job they will notice it and you will get rewarded for it. (which is how it should be) the downside though is that even though they promote from within, it takes a really long time before you will get promoted etc. This is something that they might want to change if they want to keep good employees. But overall, this is a great workplace!
Pros
Free lunch and uniform
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible management, racism at it's finest.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 1, 2018
Would not recommend it. They force you to work a very inconsistent schedule. Management plays favorites and if your skin isn't the right color you have no chance in getting anywhere in the company. They will do anything to set you up for failure if they don't like you. They give raises once every couple years for employees while management gives themselves four to five figure bonus monthly.
Pros
Free lunches, complimentary stays at other properties, okay co-workers
Cons
Terrible management, raises are inconsistent
Mediocre at best
Valet (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2018
Facilitating dishonest or unethical practices on behalf of the employer towards employees creating undue hardship on employee.Preferential promotions and favoring a non qualified employees over well qualified people who are next in line with expectation for role no matter the reason.Preferential favors resulting in higher pay, advantage, benefits over another with equal or greater qualifications or longevity.Hiring emotionally unstable leaders that are unqualified and resort to unethical managerial tactics.Retaliations against whistleblowers.Can be a great place to work if they like you
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
Extremely Cut Throat Environment.
Hostess/Barista/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2018
This is a 5 star Luxury Hotel that caters to Celebrities, and very high end clients in all types of business so as the employee the customer is ALWAYS right (even when it is obvious that they are wrong). You will hear and get some absurd requests trust me!) The pay is amazing however they expect you to give your life to the company. You could make anywhere from 3-5000 a month and that's just entry level. Being on time is late and being early is on time. Extremely competitive environment among co-workers, everyone wants to move up, be at your very best and they love it when you go above and beyond for a guest it's required. If you have a personal life crisis it's best to go straight to HR instead of your managers. Favortism is obvious so be on everyones good side and always pick up shifts when offered. You are on your toes here but if you want a first hand look of how the other side lives than this is your place. You meet successful people. If you are outgoing, good personality, likeable, put others first you will go very far. If you can handle critisim and have tough skin than this is for you.

You can save your vacation days and get discounts to go to other Four Seasons around the world. Transferring within the company to different places is suggested each hotel offers something different. DON'T GOSSIP. DONT BE LATE. SAY YES TO EVERYTHING.
Pros
Free Food (bfast, lunch, dinner), Vacation benefits, upscale lifestyle
Cons
Favoritsm among management, hard critism
Love working at Four Seasons
Spa Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOAugust 26, 2018
Four Seasons is a great company with excellent benefits! I've learned so much about hospitality and putting the guests needs first. Work can be very up and down. Some days are slow and some days go very fast. Through everything, though, I maintain a positive attitude!. Management could be a bit better. Don't always feel like we get the support that we need to succeed, but other than that, Four Seasons as a whole is a GREAT company.
Pros
Great Benefits, Plenty of Hours, Great Co Workers
Cons
Recommend to anyone wanting a customer service/hospitality career
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 21, 2018
I am approaching my second year working at Four Seasons. It has definitely changed my outlook on customer service in a positive way. You won't be able to go to any store, hotel, restaurant without noticing the customer service, good or bad. Definitely a lot of opportunity for growth and transferring departments and locations. I started in a part-time position and advanced to a different, full-time position in 6 months. Management for me is great, although there can be a lot changes in some departments. Very competitive pay and experience you cannot gain anywhere else.
Pros
good pay and benefits, travel opportunities, great environment
Cons
scheduling
A good place to acquire international hospitality experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  HangzhouJanuary 3, 2019
Four Seasons Hotel Group it's definitely a wonderful place to work for with friendly working environment and proper training, of course, plus competitive benefits of employee rooms globalize, I recommend the one who holds a hospitality dream and enthusiasm talent to apply for it.
Fast paced work with good co workers but not so good management
Foreman/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, INJanuary 9, 2019
I like the company and the owner but the management is poor and there is no carreer advancement with them. Good for younger kids looking for employment but definitely bot a job to base a career off of
Encouraging work place with great upper management.
Conference Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2018
This specific Four Seasons property has great upper management that genuinely cares about it's guests, and most importantly, it's employees. The only critique I have is more flexibility in the schedule and hours. I do think they are working to adapt to a more flexible environment that encourages work life balance, but it can be tough to fully endorse in the hospitality industry as it is a 24 hour operation.
good hotel job
Bell man (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2018
Great company , union makes it challenging for part time employees. Lack of hours and on being on call can be stressful. Good benefits, workers are nice, free food, and you can transfer to other properties.
Pros
free lunch, insurance, comp nights
Cons
work life balance
very nice this company
Commi (Current Employee) –  BahrainJuly 16, 2018
its was my pleasure working with this company..
im so happy.. but ned to move and look the career offers and challenging positions..and have free acomdation and transport and vehicle to hosiptal also..
love the hotel and the culture and the working area and stall all love ing the hotel...managment was very pioloite with stff and also they are to help at any time for staff .....
Pros
free food all day
Cons
breaks 1hour per day and we have health in hotel
Good management and great positive work environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 23, 2018
The management could use more work but over all great and respectful staff. Never had a problem or felt uncomfortable. Great place for job advancement. Wish they had more hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unpredictable scheduling
Extremely productive and Awesome work environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 22, 2018
It got me a better feel for a fine dining experience and had me make/ design drinks a lot which I loved and it was right by the ocean so that added on its own perk there, but all in all I’ve always worked customer service my whole life and I love the environment with enteracting with other customers everyday and to see there smile from your service is such a great feeling, and the management was great there they always got us excited for the day we were working.
Pros
View of the ocean
Collaborative environment working toward giving superior customer service.
Accounts Receivable Clerk / Group Billing (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2018
Culture of company requires high level of service to guests. Strict set of standards must be met for each encounter with a guest. Promotion requires willingness to relocate. Compensation is a little low for cost of living in area.
Pros
Free lunch, work-life balance is encouraged.
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 6, 2019
The people I worked with were very nice and management was good too. I enjoyed my time here, but felt like I needed something with better benefits and PTO.
Horrible racists work place
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2018
They didn’t like nice and neat dreads. I felt that was wrong. They didn’t let black people get advancements. The management is poor the communication is lack there of.
Pros
Free lunce
Cons
Don’t be black and work there
good and bad
Learning coach/ recreation server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2018
If you want to learn about service at its highest levels, get a job here.

But you will have to put up with petty micromanagement. True leadership is absent from many levels of this company.

Make sure you wear chapstick here, because you will be kissing a lot of you know what to get promoted here.
Pros
free lunch, free hotel rooms, 50% off food and drink
Cons
terrible management culture, no open dialogue, no work life balance
Four Seasons was ultimately one of the best experiences that I've had within a working environment
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown St. Louis, MoAugust 15, 2018
The Four Seasons brand is what ultimately landed me there. To manage an exceptionally beautiful hotel, all while providing amazing service to the most affluent individuals from all over the world was always a treat. Four Seasons taught me poise, grace, strength and courage. I would recommend this hotel as a place to work for all individuals who love to network, engaged and exhibit the best of the best within a luxury atmosphere.
Pros
Beautiful events and people
Cons
Long hours to ensure the brand is respected
Not a Career
Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holbrook, NYAugust 2, 2018
This company is a good place for students because there is no space to move up in the company. You stay in one position for years. You do not get raises, you just get more work.
Review of Four Seasons
Community Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHOctober 1, 2018
Job was a great learning experience.. Again assist community of 50 and better to get approved homes,, based upon there finances. Re certified to make sure that their housing vouchers stayed current and effective. Very fast past environment that required monthly quotas. Tenants were great to work with as well as maintenance crew in which I was responsible for overseeing daily..
Pros
Assistant various people to find housing
Cons
Long hours at times..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Four Seasons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight