Fourteen Foods Employee Reviews

Very very stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 10, 2018
Job was great until it was bought by 14 foods, they bought so many stores and couldn't give attention to the stores that needed it, and would give u a little training and then you were on your own. You have to be a favorite of theirs to get what you needed.
Cons
No RAISES in timely manner
An enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2018
I enjoyed the company and people that I worked with. They were friendly and helpful when a questions came up. They make you feel that you are important.
Poor loyalty and too cost cutting
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2018
I used to manage several Fourteen Foods locations and the only consistency I ever saw was that I had to put in between 20 and 40 hours a week of my own time to get anything done "within budget". This extended to driving up to 60 miles for supplies with out reimbursement just so they wouldn't have to pay for shipping. I was repeatedly denied proper repairs to important items because they were up "too costly" and had to learn to fix all sorts of machines and electronics on my own time to keep a location running. They also lied to me and several other employees about getting raises that were never given. Even after years of quality service the company has been know to just cut people unless the accept supstancial pay cuts.
Pros
Discount on food up to 30 minutes before shift
Cons
Poor pay, no advancement opportunities, requires a lot of off the clock work
Wonderful place to work
Sr. Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Corydon, INOctober 15, 2018
Fourteen foods was my very first job and I quickly learned how to do many things. By my 2nd year working there I had been promoted to a shift manager. Everyone I crossed paths with left a positive impact on my decisions.
Pros
Free lunch, fun working environment
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of Long Hours
DQ Grill & Chill - General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNOctober 2, 2018
As with most management jobs, it is hard long hours, little appreciation and little support. Everyone, from the top down, seems to have an unmanageable work load.
Ok
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TNSeptember 15, 2018
Was ok to work there until they got the new manager. Then they made everyone quit. And you still wouldn’t get hours. So I left too cause they asked too much and I didn’t get a raise.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Never get raises
productive and safe work place
Dairy Queen Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Centerville, MNSeptember 6, 2018
Working at Dairy Queen has been one of my favorite jobs and Fourteen Foods is a great company. There has been a lot of opportunities for advancement and they have great benefits, they definitely know how to treat their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, Great people, Friendly customers.
Cons
Hours.
Ice cream scare
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MN 55126August 19, 2018
The reason as to why I put a title so extreme is because working there was very different for me, I started to not like ice cream no more and working in drive through alone is scary because it gets so backed up and you also have to make sure you cash out and orders go out accurately.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Very messy
Fourteen Foods was good with hours but lacked good management.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALJuly 25, 2018
Fourteen Foods will give you good hours daily and the pay is every 2 weeks. There were alot of crew members that were from a work release program. I liked getting 10 hours a day but the work was extremely tiring. Often times I couldn't get a break because of being understaffed or the grown people would take smoke breaks when we'd get slammed. I'd recommend a really strong work ethic to work there or demad a change of management.
Pros
Discounted food, health insurance.
Cons
Poor Management, and people from a corrections facility work there
Working at Dq
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 9, 2018
Working at DQ was an amazing experience most of the time. It was my first job the atmosphere was always happy and light. There’s not a chance you won’t get along with everyone. The general manager is wonderful she puts her employees needs before her and she just does the best she can to run the business.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No benefits
very fun and makes learning new things enjoyable
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNJune 12, 2018
they will work with you, if you are having problems. they helped when I was having problems at one store and helped find a better fit for me. the training was amazing and help with my move to a different town
amazing place to work
Assistant Manager/ Acting General Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2018
i loved my job . I moved out of state or i would still be there. I learned alot about Dairy Queen. I enjoyed my job. in every way. i have nothing bad to say about working there . the hardest part of the job was training new people the correct way as fast as possible , we are a busy store
Pros
the people
Cons
rude customers
fun while working as a team
Dairy Queen (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMay 14, 2018
It’s all about working together as a team to get the job done. We all had our problems but always got the job done. Dairy Queen is a known place for their ice cream. Please came all out through the day for ice cream..
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLMay 12, 2018
This is a great company to work for. They offer great incentives for full time employees. They work in a professional manner. They treat all employees with respect.
Good experience but not a lot of advancement opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2018
Great experience, ultimately the scheduling and lack of advancement became an issue. The management and ownership of the company was excellent and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great people and management
Cons
Low salary and lack of advancement opportunity
Fsst paced
Sr.asst.manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 19, 2018
Work was enjoyable and fast pasted. Most of the eorkers did not show up for work on time or not at all,thy would quit with no notice. Management wad not much different.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Alot of nepotism
relaxed
CREW TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 28, 2018
not enough structure a lot of policies fell short at store level,
also most employees are under paid.
I enjoyed most of my cowokers and managers also we had some really good customers
Pros
they where good about working with your availability
Cons
low wages
Fast Paced Fast Food
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2017
Little training, profit over cleanliness. No support from area supervisors. Zero Budget for recruiting, yet expected to provide the best ever customer service. Scored on #1 Service times, #2 Survey scores.
Work Environment
Dairy Queen (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Under staffed, people not showing up for shifts, and no proper training guide. Never got trained to do most of the work areas in there just went in and did it myself. I did have work experience at a Dairy Queen when in high school but would of liked to be trained in properly. But when the right people work we get everything done and our customers are satisfied most of the time. Would be a job for kids in high school but I'm a mother and need more pay for my work experience.
Pros
More hours
Cons
Lack of rules
horrible
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYSeptember 21, 2017
No work and life balance you just worked until you couldn't work anymore. You never knew when you would work. I was called in at all hours of the day. Procedures and policies change constantly.