fowler packing

Working at fowler packing: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

fowler packing insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Great company awesome benefits and good people

The company is great a lot of benefits, and they do the most they can for there employees with that being said definitely not the best paying company and the company itself needs to look into lower management more then they do that’s where a lot of the issues are. My supervisor and ranch manager where awesome couldn’t ask for a better team and never made work impossible for us for the most part everything was a team effort and we tackled task as a team only other down side Is hours can definitely be long

Pros

Great benefits, awesome people to work with

Cons

Lower management will screw you to make themselves look better, (never works but annoying) and long hours

Great Place to Work

It has been the best 6 months working for Fowler Packing. Management is encouraging and willing to help you reach full potential. Stress free environment and a place where opinions can be voiced and actually feel like ownership is listening. People have stayed for over 20 years and it definitely shows why.

Pros

Free Meals, Onsite Clinic

Ambiente divertido, tranquilo, respetuoso

Es un ambiente de trabajo muy tranquilo, divertido, con respeto y siempre cuidando de la salud del trabajador

Great company. You are treated like family.

Amazing people to work for. Treat everyone as family. Just really good, honest people. They really care about you. You are treated with respect and it just seemed like there was positive energy flowing.

Great

Great work environment. Enjoyed working for this company. One of the better companies I have worked for. I would definitely recommend Fowler packing company for anyone out there looking for a job.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Packing and sanitizing

I worked night shifts including keeping a clean sanitizes environment for the employees in day pay is a little more at third shift must show up hardly call out

Admin/ Field

new ownership has created many changes, job security is no longer a peaceful thought. employees are rarely recognize for their hard work. Sudden negative changes are pushing good employees to leave the company. overall good place to start a short term career and get quality work experience.

Exelent company

They pay really good and good benefits. It is a really good company I would highly recomend anyone to apply at this place I really enjoy the enviroment

Pros

Frew lunch

Easy

It was easy to work with them sometime it was hard bacause you couldn’t reach the fruits in the tables because they where big But just in one area but overall it was fine..The best part they give you FREE food for lunch.

Poor Management and Rude HR workers

My boss gave me a raise and promoted me to a higher position within a week. HR didn't approve the new job title and raise. Owners made me a business card with new job title, but no raise yet. I was a Manager there for 5 months, getting low wages and working 55 hours a week without Overtime Pay. Totally messed up, their excuse was that I'm working AG hours. Ag hours only apply to farm workers.

Pros

Free Lunches and Medical Facility onsite

Cons

Everyone who works in the main office

tangerines

it is a good place to work at. they take care of the employees very well. they have a clinic there if anybody get hurt on the job. its a good environment.

very poor management

Very hostel environment. Management promises you one thing and goes back on their word a few days later. Its like riding a rollar coaster everyday, You don't know what mood you might get out of the manager.

great management

slow-paced job while sorting and fast-paced while packing. i learned a lot about harvesting. management are very understanding.workplace was easy going. the hardest part of the job was lack of placement by supervisors. the most enjoyable was packing at fast-paced environments.

Pros

benifits

Cons

employee placement by supervisors

Fast Pace

Listen to your supervisor's instruction. Performing the same task everyday. People there are fun to work with. Some expect more some don't. Long hours at time during open season.

Pros

People

Cons

Little pay

I learned a lot about Payroll Procedures

Great work environment, polite and responsible people. the most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was able to help when needed. A typical day at work... coffee in the morning, start working, get help in needed and great great co-workers.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

nothing

ambiente agradable,con comida gratis

Mi trabajo es labor general pero principalmente,mantener limpia el área donde un compañero sube los bens con fruta en el área del preesort la hoja que cae al piso eso yo tengo que recogerla y ponerla en un ben que anteriormente ya le puse un par de bolsas. Y el ambiente es agradable,con horarios de break y lonche.

Pros

hay una clinica dentro de la empresa

stacking boxes and staged for orders to be shipped

Fowler Packing is a good organization to work for. They have a clinic for all of their employees and they also provide meals at no cost to their employees. The hardest part of the job was language barriers. Most of the employees spoke fluent Spanish while my Spanish was limited.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

language barrier

decent place to work for

had fun working there,co-workers great.enjoyed being a forklift driver.felt like family.supervisor were easy to get along with,showed concerned if injured.

Pros

not hard work

Cons

sometimes very long hrs.

Good work place, always understanble about school being a priority.

This job was seasonal and had different hours depending on the fruit and orders for that day. I learned about tree fruit, as well as citrus fruit. I learned the sizes and variations of the fruits. I learned computer software that helped me do my job.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

I dont feel they appreciate their employees for the work they do.

Productive place to work

Fowler Packing is a place where there is always something to do never stand around, time is never waist. I enjoy working there I got to work with different people and they where all nice and curious. I learned the names of the defects of the fruit I learned how to size the fruit, learned how to take the sugar of the fruit. Learned the name of different boxes the fruit was packed in.

Pros

Good admosfire to work in.

Cons

sometimes had to work out in the heat.

Ok Place to work

A smooth packing work place with fruit and getting to know the ag industry and how fruit is processed the workers and managers are all friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at fowler packing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about fowler packing in popular locations

• fowler packing