Fox Building Supply Reviews

United States13 reviews

Fox Building Supply insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent place to learn about building homes.

Worked my way up from yard hand all the way through to inside sales representative. Because of my knowledge of the delivery aspect of the job I didn't last long Inside. That was where I wanted to be from the start of my career with this company and after I finally made it I wasn't able to keep the job. I have since moved to another Building company and hope to earn my way back into this desired position.

Pros

Paid every week

Cons

Independently owned, If youre not liked, you wont make it

Co workers are the best

Co workers the best thing , your not gonna have a lot of time with family during the week because they do the most to have you there for no reason, it’s only an ok job if your a driver, they’ll over work you

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

No lunch room, get out late every day

Fox Building Supply

I love working there! Overall great coworkers and great management! Our customers are amazing as well everyone is nice and just has a great working environment.

Sales Rep

This job is stressful and normally a lack of employees which makes it harder on the current ones. Hours change week to week and arent distributed properly

Productive and relaxed

Start time is 6:30am Monday to Friday. Getting off work ranges from 5 to 8. Depends on work load and weather. Working Saturdays is rare but never a full day. Learned how to operate a boom truck and shingle truck. Learned how to deliver sheet rock, shingles and lumber to job sites. Learn how to maneuver vehicles through tight spaces and recognize problems before they arise. Everyone gets along for the most part so that makes the work enjoyable. Hardest part of the job is having trouble finding some houses to deliver to and doing pick ups which involving retrieving the left over lumber from job sites which can take a few hours sometimes.

Pros

6:30 Start time, Local, 1 hour lunch, Good people to work with

Cons

Cost of health insurance

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Decent job

Not a very good place or company to work for. The management is unprofessional. Not family oriented whatsoever. No holiday pay either. The only pro about this place is they offer you good health benefits.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Not family orriented.

A fun, physical job

Walk from warehouse to warehouse cleaning and stocking supply while waiting for customers to bring orders that needed filled. management was good, hardest part of the job was standing on your feet the whole day.

Fox Building Supply

As a whole Fox building supply was a great job, probably the best I ever had. But with that being said it still has its downside foremans don't communicate with each other and supervisors will get in your face and yell and scream at ya. but you do an honest mans work make decent money while your at it, built up a lot of experience such as operating forklifts, building things from lumber supplied like storage sheds, operate many power tools and drive 1-3ton vehicles. management there was great, would still be working there if I could.

fun

fun place amazing people room for moving up managers where awesome and supervisors where also very fun place to work at and a lot of learning happens there

Great workplace

I enjoyed working for them, It was a fun easy work space. I made friends right off the back. Everyone treated everyone like family there

Great learning environment. Lots of hands on jobs.

Learned a great deal about lots of different things there especially home building. Lots of different aspects of experience needed to be a valuable employee.

Pros

Great People

Great place to work for

Was a great company they rally looked after their employees. Was very family orientated and working there was like working with a family.

It's a job

I have nothing good to say about this place. The company owner is good man and thats all I have to say.

Pros

What Pros?

Cons

store manager, takes years to get a raise, need to speak spanish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Building Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Fox Building Supply Reviews by Location