Fox Corporation

United States603 reviews

Fox Corporation insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

good workplace with great benefits low pay

this place has a great work-life balance and amazing benefits however there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for growth. management however has great understanding and accommodating

Pros

great benefits

Cons

no room for growth average to bellow average pay

It's all about who you know

It's all about who you know, not your experience, your education. If you're a buddy with the manager, then you get a heads up of when jobs are going to become available, but in the end if you haven't gotten the "nod" or the "tap on the shoulder", you really have no chance, no matter how experienced or qualified you are,

Pros

State of the art building. Nice salary.

Cons

Micromanaged, No work life balance, You have to be friends with the management in order to get a job there.

great work/life balance at this company. Thankful for all the incredible leadership provided throughout my career. Strong attention to career growth internally.

Pros

Training, salary

This place operates like the mafia

Unwillingness to pay employees fair wages. Management behavior can be less than professional. No sense of consideration regarding racially sensitive matters. This network has the tendency to block minority employees from career advancement within the company. It’s an overall sinking ship and the content that’s pushed over the network has become an anthem for certain internal employees. Not an ideal place for minorities or people of color. I would suggest prospective employees to look elsewhere.

Pros

The elevators are clean. Decent health insurance package for staffers

Cons

No breaks. Low wages. Poor management from supervisors

Overworked Underpaid

Lots of work! There needs to be more compensation for the amount of responsibilites for sales assistants. More training on programs and management support and encouragement.

Pros

Movie Premieres

Cons

Short Breaks, long hours

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Amazing Place to work

Excellent benefits, Excellent pay, excellent work schedule. Great work environment, the staff, hr, managers are all tier 1, they really care about their employees

Pros

Benefits, pay, work environment

It’s hood but good

If you want to work here you definitely should it’s a great job and great management I will definitely miss working here and you should defintely apply if you want

Great benefits

FOX Television Stations is a tightly run ship with lots of support and GREAT benefits. Awesome vacation time, awesome health insurance, and lots of other perks.

Benefits

Cons

You work for the Murdochs

work

it was work. the work was all day. it was nice. people are friendly. health and safety was busy what with covid but we did a good job. no cases of covid the whole season of filming

Best job i ever had in my life

This was by far one of the best jobs i ever had in my life! Full access to the Pico Lot, room for advancement, ever expanding list of responsibilities.

Pros

Great place!

It's relatively secured

This is a large company, unless something extraordinary happens, there is job security. The pay is fair, overall. Benefit is decent. However, one doesn't always get a sense of inclusion here. While people are generally nice and cordial, it can feel robotic and sort of cold.

Pros

Benefit (medical, 401(k), transit

Cons

Environment cold, lack of inclusion at the staff level

Great brand

Good overall experience , like most companies one bad manager made life miserable for several people and it changed things . Great place if you love to sell and enjoy selling sports, they are highly revenue driven

Pros

Great feeling to work there

Cons

One or two bad managers

Fast paced, hierarchical, demanding, yet overall great job!

Fast paced, hierarchical, demanding, yet overall great job! You will definitely work long hours, and must be able to quick pivot or rather catapult into the next task (daily). Being on the FOX campus is fun, stimulating, and overall a great place to work.

Pros

Environment and industry perks.

Cons

No breaks basically, and nonstop demand.

Tough but highly professional journalistic standards

I wrote travel articles for FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com for five years. I worked under three editors. The editors were often hard to satisfy and killed maybe 5% of my articles, but on the plus side, their copy-editting skills were top-notch and they often made me sound like a better writer than I am myself. I was working from home as an independent contractor which they were fine with as long as I hit my deadlines.

Pros

High standards of journalism

Cons

asked for corroboration to "prove a negative.", Sometimes asked for full rewrites

Great Place to Work

I would recommend other to work for this company.The company has great benefits and excellent management staff. Sales Department work as a team.Show appreciation when doing a great job.

Pros

Great Benefits

Churn and Burn

The IT department has no concept of project management and does not have any way of setting priorities other than "It has to be done ASAP, drop everything else" This is the daily routine.They will work you as hard as you can stand before they burn you out. Upper Management is nice enough until you question or correct them, then they turn on you.My immediate team was great

Pros

My immediate team was great

Cons

Churn and burn shop

Excellent opportunities and great place to continue advanced learning

Outstanding experience with constant challenges that test your ability and create an environment to achieve and succeed. Worked directly with on air talent whom rely on our analysis, skills, opinions and expertise, great teamwork.

Fox News significantly underpays employees, and never owns up to any wrongdoing on the part of management and/or the HR department representatives.

Fox News significantly underpays employees, and gets away with. HR's response to anyone who dare request for a higher annual raise is a flat out NO -- followed up with the "you are however free to leave at anytime if you are not content with current salary" .... BUT that going to other networks that pay more (the industry standard) would "not be in your best interest, as you're lucky to be working for the number one network, and the only network that is shows loyalty to its employees" ... claiming their track record for never instituting mass layoffs equates to job security for all, which = "loyalty" .... In other words ..... FOX will NEVER shy away from their standard 3% annual raises across the board, despite the obvious fact that employee performance scores rank from really low to really high. However, you and your lazy co-worker get the same raise percentage year after year. Long/short ... simply wanting to be paid the current industry average for your position, title and job responsibilities is NOT a reasonable request according to an HR department well known for their brainwashing tactics.

Pros

Competitive, room for growth if you work for it.

Cons

Underpaid, poor management, unreliable, inconsistent work environment, despite the companywide toxic workplace being exposed back in 2016

Good company to start

People I worked with were smart and talented. Management was good and I appreciated working for them, of course this all depends on the department. Overall a good experience.

Great place to work! Diversity, Equity and Inclusion was real, not just talked about for appearances.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Fox Corporation is greatPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Fox Corporation are fairJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Fox Corporation, I think Disney purchase made the job security unstableManagementIn general, managers at Fox Corporation easy to talk toCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Fox Corporation is greatOverallMy experience working at Fox Corporation good

Fun place to work

work life balance was awesome. Great time off and great benefits. Holiday parties, work remotely when needed. Management was easy going, stress free environment.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

none i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight