Fox Corporation Employee Reviews

Good freelance opportunities
Freelance Television Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 27, 2019
I freelance for one of the regional cable sports networks. It is a great place to freelance...the environment is good, the people are great, and working conditions are good.
have not worked there in years
Executive Secretary for Vice President & CEO (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2019
have not worked there in years not sure if they are still in business. While I worked there it was a pleasant place to work and I enjoyed it. Can't tell you anymore
Pros
No longer work there
High turnover. Favoritisms.
Radio Network News Anchor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2019
They make things look good for the viewers and pay the big names a lot of money. But that means they have to penny pinch behind the scenes with old equipment, people doing two jobs and being understaffed. They also promote the pretty people and ignore the rest.
Pros
Big network experience
Cons
It’s not anything like what you would expect. In a bad way.
News Photojournalist/ Editor
News Photographer/Editor (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 11, 2019
Lets see this is my second time working for the Fox News O&O. My current position is under NABET Local Union contract. The first station that I worked for did not have a union contract. The treatment and pay is like night and day. Not any room for advancement but the pay makes up for this issue. Great benefits medical and dental are really great. Management is management. Mainly people that worked their way up from entry level positions to management. Decent people to that work here. Most have been here at least 15 years. As far as staff we hire Per Diem shooters and many have become full time employees after only working a few months. New gear and drones and other toys to work with three new live trucks..
Fun work
News Photographer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 10, 2019
This was a great first job learning all the in's and out's of the news business. My colleagues were flexible with my school scheduling, and allowed me to train on the equipment during my off times.
Great post-grad company to work at
Coordinator, Programming & Research (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2019
I wish I had better management, yet I gleaned what I could out of FOX. I am extremely knowledgeable of the television industry. I found myself looking for more work but never being able to easily communicate with my boss for more work. The perks make working for the company worth it.I am ready to move on for multiple reasons.
N/a
Partner Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 13, 2019
I do not wish to write review on this company at this time. It is a great company to work for though, I enjoyed my time there very much and would recommend it to everyone.
Strange environment
News Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2019
The work environment at a Latino site under the umbrella of Fox News, which has a reputation of covering communities unfairly, created a strange ambiance.
Not the best place to work
Linux System Engineer, Digital Newsroom Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2019
Fox News, like any media organization changes rapidly. They also do not care much that you put all your time into your work, they can still lay off any time they feel like. To them time and work does not matter. They underpay
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Low salaries, horrible work hours.
Not a great place to work at.
Make up artist hair stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2019
At the beginning it was a great place to work at. But managment was terrible, cut trout, clicks and favoritism. Always playing employees against each other. Work conditions were awful. Managers will send police to hares you at your home when you are sick with the flu and make them take you to the hospital for no reason at all. Just constant harassment day in and day out. They are terrable to work for i strongly recomend do Not work there.That is why people leave at all times and they can not keep great employees at all. Also constant threats from people outside the building. Very poiseness place to be.
Pros
Health care, vacations
Cons
Terrible managment
Inspiring work environment.
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2019
The work was always balanced well and the company was extremely receptive to creative new ideas and story lines. The company also provided an opportunity to learn a lot about the industry.
Good Place to Work
Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2019
Over all good company. Benefits were solid. People were nice. The DC location was less put together. The processes were solid. Security was strong. Parking expensive
Great Starting place for first time experience...
Control Operator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 8, 2019
But don't stay too long. It was okay in the beginning but became rather stressful and an intense place to work. Benefits were great! Work-life balance is not there at all. You will have no life outside of work if you work here, be warned.

Some coworkers were nice to work with while others did not pull their weight and sadly this affects your workflow. Try to advance in positions or even locations if you can.
Pros
Big name on resume, sports oriented if you're into that
Cons
Long hours, will work on holidays/weekends/nights, hard to schedule vacation time off; quite micromanaged
Fun enthusiasts
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2019
I was the grill cook so I was in charge of grilling everything I would come in put on my apron turn on my grill scrape it oil it and then rub it with an onion and get get my station set up so I could be ready to take orders
Pros
I learned how to grill really well
Cons
It was always hot
Fox Sports
Director/Producer of daily live shows (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2019
Management would never listen to my criticism or ideas...A big wig in Fox Sports came to analize us....what he said on how to change was the exact same things I was saying...so they changed some things after he said them...It was hard working there because our schedules changed all the time with little or no notice.
Pros
Covering sports was fun
Cons
Not knowig the schedule...how can you plan anything...you can't
Productive and positive working environment
Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2019
Good working environment that allows you to learn a lot of skills and be creative. Always people to be themselves and gives the opportunity to advance.
In the Middle
Master Control Operator Level 3 (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 21, 2019
The Work itself was fine as it was not that hard and they paid well. the benefits were good too. The issues start with how the place was being run and work/home balance.
productive workplace with poor management
ACTING EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/SENIOR PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2019
a well-oiled machine, a team-effort to put an entire show on air under tight deadline. management is tough and demanding. good opportunities to move up within the company
Pros
good pay, people on the team
Cons
no work-life balance, long days with long hours, low moral
Game day.
Corporate Partnerships & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2019
Access to sports exhibitions. Free food. Game production. Networking. Brands. Clients. Promotions. Campaigns. Football. Basketball. Bowl games.
Great work experiences
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2019
Rewarding, fun and educational, I thoroughly enjoyed working for Fox and would absolutely take another job opportunity from them. They email you from a staffing agency that handles companies such as Fox Sports when they have need for staffing at events locally.
A typical day was waking up early and meeting at a pick-up point where coach buses shuttled us to and from the event space because most venues cannot accommodate staff cars as well. Once at the venue the day consisted of many different tasks from making lunch to driving golf carts with executives from camera station to office and so forth. The management is very kind and we all worked together as a team and very efficiently under their clear directions. Although we worked hard, working their was a fun and supportive environment to work in. Each day was different and very full, you are never bored but the work itself is fun and working with such a noteworthy company was very enriching.