FOX HILL COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews

Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAApril 12, 2019
Good place to work. Great environment for learning and advancing. Would recommend to others. Great seasonal work for the right people. Greens where great.
Enjoyable to work outside
Seasonal Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 20, 2019
On a typical day, I would arrive at work, sign in and we would have our morning meeting. Then we would all go about doing our designated jobs. Our two managers would occasionally come around and explain the next job to you. after the important morning jobs that were to be done with efficiency, it was not as stressful and work become more relaxing. At the end of the day, everyone participated in cleaning up the shop and break room.
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Long days and sometimes hot weather
Enjoyable environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 1, 2019
Fox Hill Country Club provides a work experience that is comfortable and allows the employee to be responsible for their duties and are in control of their success.
Very fun work environment
Senior Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJanuary 11, 2018
Loved working there, time for a change. Want to pursue a career that can advance my status in life. Looking for a new job that presents the opportunity for personal growth.
Enjoyable workplace - good people
LANDSCAPING CREW (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 14, 2017
Fun place to work, friendly staff and management. Enjoyable work. Its not easy work but its satisfying and can be relaxing at times. The managers are very down to earth and helpful. pay is not the best
Great work enviroment
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMay 3, 2017
A typical day on the job would include waking up with the sun, maintaining the golf course and going home by noon everyday. Great people=great environment.
professional country club atmosphere and staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COOctober 18, 2016
My days consisted of helping guest with drinks and lunches. Sometimes on the weekend I work help with brunch and on weekends I would assist with different events and parties. It was common for companies and organizations to hold benefits or fundraisers at our clubhouse. I learned that during the winter, while business is slow, its not worth the hour drive from Boulder Canyon. The hardest part was learning people's names and preferences because I wasn't there too much and there were a lot of members. I did enjoy helping people entertain their friends and families at different events there!
Pros
Nice and professional people
Cons
No health insurance
to ensure that golfers are happy with their experience
Bag Boy (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PASeptember 16, 2014
at the course i learned to have great people skills, to communicate with the golfers. management was great they would help out if there was a big tournament and we got backed up. co-workers had great personalities worked hard and we all around great to work with. the most enjoyable part of the job was that you got to meet people everyday and get to learn about what they do and get life lessons.
Pros
free golf on mondays discounts on apperel in the pro shop.
Cons
there was no heath care. lunches/diners we only able to be orders in a 2 hour window
Best place I have ever worked.
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 30, 2014
I started at Fox Hill as just a bus boy. However, within the first week of me being hired a few servers quit and moved out of the area. I stepped up to the plate with no prior work service and quickly became the leading server. The members here are very friendly and its easy to get along with them as well as co workers. Management here is very easy to work with, if you have a question they will answer it. If problems are happening there is team meeting that help solve the problems. Because this is a Country Club there are times when a gold tournament would get over and you would get 150 people coming into the restaurant area at one time. At times things got a little hectic but as long as everyone was on the same page it was pretty easy to handle.
Pros
Discount Lunch, Free Golf, Wonderful members
Terrible, unsafe enironment with poor management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJanuary 20, 2014
I worked here over the spring and summer of 2013 as a dishwasher and honestly it was nothing but a hassle. The management is rude and they treat you like you know nothing. Money is what this place is all about. About 4 months into my employment at Fox Hill I was accused of stealing beer (out of a padlocked walk-in refrigerator to which only the chef and bartender had the key) without any viable proof. I was taken aside and basically told that I was the only one suspected even though there were other workers of my position working that night and it was nearly impossible to open the walk-in (at least without damaging it) without the key. When I suggested that management take a look at the people who held keys to the walk-in I was essentially laughed at and intimidated more. The final nail in the coffin for Fox Hill was the outright disregard for employee safety. To start off, trash had to be carried by hand to the basement of the building every night down a set of steep, non slip-resistant stairs, but that is only the beginning. What finally caused me to leave was being shocked by a 240 volt control for a garbage disposal in the dish room, the control box had been hanging open with no latch within 8 inched of a wet are for months and I had alerted management about it several times and each time I was told "we'll take care of it" and came back the next day to find it duct-taped shut. Finally, the inevitable happened. I was working one night and the duct-tape had worn off and the control was hanging open and soaking wet with water from the dishwashing sink directly above it, I reached  more... down to activate the disposal and my hand went right into the control and I was shocked (while standing on a soaking wet floor keep in mind). The boss heard me yell and came running and a coworker told him what had happened and he immediately accused me of opening the control box. When this was "disproved" I reminded him that I'd brought the control to his attention several times over the past few months and his response was "our fiscal year is about to end and we have more important thing to spend money on". Knowing this was absolutely ridiculous I filed an OSHA claim the next day and quit the week after. When I went to pick up my final pay check the control was finally fixed properly. Sad that it took someone getting injured to have a $150 control fixed. I would absolutely NOT recommend working here.  less
Pros
good food, thats about it
Cons
unsafe, very rude and unprofessional management, rude clientelle, low pay
Helpful as my first job
Pro Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAApril 3, 2013
Starting off in a retail department as soon as I was able to work was highly intimidating at first. But the experience taught me so much about how to associate with customers (especially those who are unhappy) and other employees. It also gave me many opportunities to be self-driven in completing my tasks, and helped me enhance my multitasking skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each golfing member individually as well as creating friends among the staff.
Pros
a lot of down time in between busy periods which served as breaks
Cons
no free lunch, hours often extended their intended end times