Fox Hollow Employee Reviews

Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYAugust 19, 2019
First when you punch in I'd help set up rooms for cocktail. Then I would help serve food and drinks. When cocktail is over I'd carry plates and glasses.
Pros
Food
Cons
Short breaks
bad
Server (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJuly 16, 2019
Maybe it is to nobodys Fault but the company management higher-up and not immediate employee/wait staff management but you will absolutely dislike working here. have not met a single person who does like it
Great
Ranch Hand/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Malad City, IDApril 3, 2019
I had an amazing boss that taught me crucial things during that period in my life. he instilled in my hard work and dedication. I am extremely appreciative of him.
First Job
Barista and Server (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2018
This was my first job. I was a very hard worker! However, I was confused as to how things were run. Our boss was keeping our tips. We were never given correct training.
Pros
Learning Experience
stressful and dangerous
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYAugust 13, 2018
you have to set up for cocktail hour which is bringing food down the stairs from the kitchen into the cocktail room. the chiefs were not attentive when I was serving cocktail hour and I needed to get a tray of food too pass around I had to wait 10 minutes before I got helped because they were all talking. there was no hands on training, the person they put me with for my first day didn't teach me anything and just expected me to know what I was doing. you have to carry heavy trays plates up stairs which is very dangerous. I didn't even get fed for a 7 hour shift and when I asked one of the waitress there if we get fed she responded by telling me if you can get up the stairs quick enough and can grab and left over food then you can eat but if not you don't eat. you have to stack chairs which is fine if your a man or a strong women but I am not which makes it difficult. if you are not strong in your legs and in your arms this job is not right for you because there is a lot of heavy lifting. the only good thing about this job was the fact I didn't have to rack the glasses.
Pros
didn't have to rack glasses
Cons
stacking chairs, heavy lifting, quick pace, had no time to eat, no breaks
Family Environment
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 2, 2018
I learned a lot. I worked night shift. People that worked there were fun. It was a family atmosphere. The hardest part is watching people that have become friends get more ill, die. It is a rewarding experience. Helps prepare you for things later in life.
Pros
friendships, great work environment
All in all good people to work with
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 26, 2017
All in all Fox hollow is a good place to "work" I wouldn't consider it a career. Money is always tight. Always hard to order parts because bills don't get paid. No health care benefits. Great group of people, just bad management.
Pros
Paid days off.
Cons
No healthcare. No money for parts. Won't upgrade shop equipment.
Fantastic ownership
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYAugust 28, 2017
Duties varied from operations to sales. Great venue!!! This facility is kept in perfect condition. All rooms are beautifully maintained, and fully updated.
Pros
Family minded ownership. very caring.
Cons
Super busy facility.
i liked working there
CAREGIVER AND MEDICATION AID (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 20, 2017
i enjoyed working with thee people that i worked with. the rcc and nurse when i worked as a med aid there were awesome, always willing to help out when i needed it. i loved the residents that lived there. it was just a far drive and it was a little bit heavy for the amount of workers we had on certain shifts.
The Fox
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 14, 2016
On a regular basis, shifts are about 8 hours, and if you have a night shift you can expect to be getting out after 12am. Management encourages you to make tips, so you make just about as much as the work you put in. Just about all workers at the fox are really friendly, making it easy to get through a shift.
Pros
Tip and Workers
Cons
Heavy lifting
Productivity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 3, 2016
I enjoy working with co workers and the general public of all nationalities. I enjoy getting the job done. I prefer taking busy in a work day.
nice place
Med aide (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 1, 2015
great place to work with supportive management. A great staff, everyone is friendly. Residents are awesome, just an overall great place to work. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
full time employment
Cons
no upward mobility
Fun place to work and a good experience.
Medication Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCMarch 24, 2015
Working at Fox Hollow was a good experience. The Mangement there was supportive. The co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Fox Hollow is accomodating with employees' work schedules
Cons
There is little room for advancement.
very productive work atmosphere
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 18, 2012
learn how to become more responsible especially because of the fact that you are taking care of others. most important part of the job is knowing you satisfied your client/customer.