Fox News Employee Review

Fun work environment and good experience for an entry level television job
Tape Department Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  1211 Avenue of the America's, New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
I've began working at the Fox News Channel in early 2011. During my time there I have moved from the media desk to the tape department working on live daytime news programming. Fox has a great work environment with friendly co workers and supervisors. While at Fox I have had the opportunity to work on several shows and learn how the newsroom environment works.
Pros
Friendly work environment, experience working in breaking news, ability to work in different departments and learn new skills.
Cons
Low pay, long hours including weekends, holidays and overnights, Difficulty moving up from within due to many people applying for a limited number of positions.

Other Fox News Employee Reviews

Fox News-Chicago
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Good and bad place to work. Loved co-workers, however management was awful. Hours are odd and there is not very much room to move up the ladder. Working at Fox was exciting, but very stressful. I would recommend NBC Chicago, WLS ABC or CBS before I would recommend working at Fox News!
Pros
Great co-workers, fast-paced working environment.
Cons
Bad pay. Terrible management.
Fox News review
Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
Days were either slow and fast paced depending on the news.
I sharpened my writing and editing skills.
Management was okay, sometimes oblivious and was in their own world unaware of the chaos going on around them. Sometimes make empty promises without following up. Would have unnecessary meetings that were rarely productive.
Workplace culture is pretty good, everyone is nice with the exception of a few.
Hardest part is the hours I've been working for almost 4 years with no signs of changing. Losing friends and my social life in the process despite me asking to be moved to days since I've "paid my dues." Also, too many managers giving too many different directions for us.
Most enjoyable was the people. Despite the craziness we're all in it together and I've met some of the best people in the business there.