Fox Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Not worth it
OTR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
Long hours required, benefits not full covered, unpaid meetings, uncompensated travel time, unpaid travel mileage, hours for documentation and paperwork during your personal time, using some banking system to put you in debt to the company.
Management will throw you under the bus.
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
FOX sure does talk a good game. They’ll tell you that they are therapist owned (the owner seems like a decent enough guy) and they are therapist centered, but it’s all a smoke screen. My time at FOX was pleasant at first. I got a good review and my supervisor told me I was a “rock star” and that he was glad “I hit the ground running” and was “killing it”.

All it took to derail my career at FOX was a couple complaints from demented patients and a family member who had never even met me, and whose mother couldn’t even be bothered to come to the door to turn me away with no notice.

I was shocked to be in so much trouble since I was told repeatedly that “no one ever gets fired from FOX” and that the therapist’s side of the story is always considered and weighed more heavily in these instances. I wanted and needed so much for things to work out for me at FOX.

The only positive was that it was a salaried position with benefits and 401k and they pay for MedBridge but that’s about it. I’m convinced my supervisor let me go to make himself look good by nipping a “problem therapist” in the bud.

I would advise any therapist looking for work that FOX be your last resort because they will screw you over without hesitation if anything at all goes even slightly wrong. It’s really a shame that the company culture is so far from what the founder must have intended.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Complete disregard for their therapists
My job at Fox was a fast paced, multi tasking job which I really liked.
MEDICAL BILLING, POSTER & ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 9, 2018
Fox has a family oriented atmosphere between all the employees which makes it a great place to work. I am very torn about leaving Fox but at this time I would like to be able to work closer to my job, especially to avoid the travel on Rt 42 and RT 295 everyday. I have learned so many valuable aspects involving medical billing and posting. I so enjoyed the posting aspect especially the special accounts that I posted. They were challenging accounts to work on.
Pros
We occasionally had free lunch & outside work activities.
Stay clear of this company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. It is ALL true about unpaid mtgs, possibility of owing the company money upon leaving, no reimbursement for gas and/or mileage, and using hard earned PTO and vacation time for cancellations. The term “Fox Fit” means robot, and you will experience burnout faster than you can say "point of service". I have seen too many good clinicians go already. Please don’t waste your time with this company. There is absolutely no work life balance. I feel bad for those that are still there. It’s a shame because in the beginning it feels great and you really want to make it work, but don’t fall for that garbage. The expectations are unrealistic and the management is really poor. There were also some reported ethical dilemmas that management seemed to not care or be bothered with as long as quota was being met, and as long as the clinicians' numbers were consistent. 8/10 times, you receive referrals with unknown diagnosis's and there is no background information and you are are entering a client's home completely blindsided, which has been dangerous in some cases. Also, some clients are already receiving Med A services, and you can't evaluate them, so they need to check that before sending a clinician in. You also feel "forced" to provide services, when skilled care is clearly not appropriate (unethical). The managers should also understand and know the geographical location of the towns/counties that their employees work in because scheduling is one of the hardest parts of the job and they make it seem so easy. Overall, a terrible experience  more... and there are much better companies/opportunities for home health services.  less
Pros
Great coworkers, strong interdisciplinary teams, I really enjoyed most of my clients when skilled care was appropriate.
Cons
See review.
Your success is uncapped and you
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 14, 2018
Like all physical therapy professions, the caseload is demanding. Noone is going to deny that. However, with FOX, you don't have to show up at the same ALF every single day; you are given the opportunity to treat clients in their home. Overall, I'd say the clients have been very kind and worked hard to make progress. It's not uncommon for me to get offered several cups of coffee, bottles of water, or snacks throughout my day with each friendly visit.
Bottom line: If you are a successful planner who is superb with time management that can efficiently schedule, this is the company for you. You will never feel like you have a mundane job because everyday will be unique, gratifying, and for the most part, managed by YOU. They consistently promote from within and plan on being in at least 2 additional states by early 2019, so I would say there is definitely growth opportunities here too.
A great learning environment, friendly colleagues, and an optimistic future for the organization
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 6, 2018
This is a quickly growing organization that is currently bringing in around 40-60 new hires per month. As an employee that is involved in constant, day to day communication with clinicians, managers, directors, and VP's, I can tell you the overall attitude is buoyant among everyone. The home office building is gigantic, with plenty of room to accommodate another 100+ employees. I can't wait to see what this place looks like in just a few short years. The clinicians I have spoken to were thankful for their independence, and shared many stories (sometimes emotional!) of their experiences/friendships through drastically improving the lives of older adults. If you are looking for a really rewarding career that you can brag home to mom about, this is definitely it. Already in just a few short months, the home office had a cookout this summer, free ice-cream day, free soft pretzels on payday (yahoo!) and has been very flexible with my work/life balance. Whether you plan on staying here short-term or long-term, you will be happy in your decision to join this organization and its cheerful culture.
Production
Billing Request Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 30, 2018
I did my internship at Fox Rehab, then was called to interview right after I completed my internship. It was a pleasure working for the company, but they had a massive layoff and I was out of a job.
I worked in the AR Dept working Commercial Ins Claims. Our Dept was the most team playing oriented group. WE ALL GOT ALONG SO WELL.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 26, 2018
Very friendly place to work. My Dept were so in tune with each other
Great Team Playing in AR Dept. Our group showed so much respect for each other. Other Depts I was told were not as happy as our group.
Pros
Free range of the gym, My Supervisor didn't micromanage us She trusted us but she guided us when we needed assist
Cons
Pay was lower than standard health insurance cost was extremely high
Unique and innovative Private Practice
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 23, 2018
Fox allows you the autonomy to treat patients like they deserve to be treated. And Fox provides you the tools to deliver the best care possible. Great place to work and wonderful colleagues.
Incredible culture that challenges you to be your best
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
There is no amount of words that I could write here that would be able to convey how I feel about working with FOX. But if i had to sum it up into one word, that word would be awesome. This is an organization that just gets it. It is a culture of compassion, respect, hard work and excellence. And we do it all while having fun. I truly look forward to coming to work each day.

Management regularly challenges me to be better, to improve, to stretch my abilities to the limits. But the great thing about that is they give me the support and tools I need to to do that. They respect me and my experience and education enough to allow me the freedom to do my job. In turn, I want to repay that support and respect with painstaking excellence. It's a recipe that breeds confidence, energizes me and results in great results. And when someone succeeds, management does a fantastic job at making that good work well known. Who doesn't love to be recognized for their accomplishments?

Another thing I love about this practice is that they listen. If something isn't going right, they empower you to speak up. Actually, I'd say the demand it. If something isn't going right, I feel comfortable letting my manager know and feel confident that the issue will be addressed. Never have I worked at an employer that has this approach. I feel it gives every single person employed here a voice as opposed to feeling like a worker bee punching a clock.

The people are awesome to work with. From Dr. Fox at the top, to the leadership team to the individuals I work with on a daily basis - they are all cut from
  more... the same cloth. But I would expect that from an organization that has such a purposeful and thoughtful approach to culture. FOX obviously attracts like-minded, passionate and
intelligent people that want to do great things.

The real rewards of my job come when I see the steady stream of client success stories that we receive. These stories truly make me feel as though I am a part of something bigger and reminds me that everything I do helps to improve the quality of life for so many.

I plan to be with FOX for a very long time.Show Less
Pros
challenging, encouraging, great culture, incredible people, a mission I am proud to facilitate
Cons
benefits - but they have gotten better
The clients made the job worthwhile.
MD Home Health under Medicare Part B (Former Employee) –  Carroll County, MDJuly 31, 2018
Working with clients in their homes under Medicare part B was interesting; the clients had difficulty accessing outpatient treatments for varied reasons.

Treatments were based on the patients' goals and the ability to complete them.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Inconsistent meetings for the staff.
Rehabilitation
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 23, 2018
I was only employed here for a short amount of time. The company experienced a mass layoff and because I was a recent hire I was one of the employees to be laid off.
Flexible company with great work-life balance
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJJuly 2, 2018
At FOX, you work at your pace. You have control over your schedule and can work at your own convenience. It is challenging to schedule patients at first, but once you get into a routine, it becomes a lot more manageable. My region is in a very busy territory so I have a steady caseload and am consistently working over quota. We have a great overtime rate and holiday incentives too. There is so much opportunity with personal growth with this company. I don't plan on leaving this company any time soon.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great people
Golden hand cuffs
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 20, 2018
This company is not for everyone. There are strict productivity standards, and if they are not met (regardless of circumstances) then the practitioner remuneration deducted proportionately for any given pay period. I new that it was a new start up area, but it was not made clear that I would be responsible for getting my own case load which included physician and facility outreach and marketing on top of the stringent productivity requirements. Paper work on EMS was immense.
Pros
nice pay rate
Cons
stressful, paper work infringes on family time.
Good stepping stone for young grad, little room for growth
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  NYJune 14, 2018
Fox culture appears to be Client centered during interviews/orientation/meetings but is all about money and pushing for referrals. Management will promise equipment for classes and do not fulfill requests. You have to buy you’re own equipment and use your own personal phone to contact Clients/families. You are required to expand your region and increases travel (mileage) significantly. There is no compensation for using your own car. Love the Clients and classes in ALFs I am given but very little guidance or assistance from management when needed.
Pros
Autonomy, “flexible” to certain extent
Cons
Undervalued, Company doesn’t know what an Exercise Physiologist role is, unethical practices to increase referrals for therapy, no compensation for mandatory meetings, very little PTO given includes sick time and vacation, no annual salary increase
Patient Accounts Rep
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 22, 2018
My duties included doing accounts receivable/payable, answering multiple phone lines, communicating with therapist, collections on old/new accounts, applying refund checks, credit card payments, Raintree software, Medics software, verifying insurance, communicating benefit coverage to the patients, data entry, collections on delinquent accounts, and following up with patients.
I was not a fan of the way the company would go about conducting their business.
I love working here
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 6, 2018
Really supportive staff, great management. Home office is so organized and really supportive with anything therapists need. Really great culture and places the patient above all else
Really Fun Environment
Staff Home Health Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
family oriented & well organized into integrating all people into a cohesive team. i was with fox rehab before & miss working for them as well. management was excellent in the filed level.
Co workers very nice ; resistive and rude environment in most ALF. Patients and families were my highlight
Slp (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 22, 2018
My experience at Fox was very disappointing as a full time slp. There was no definitive territory I was given so my caseload crossed much of the state. A typical day was driving and sitting in traffic one to two hours before I reached my first house call. As a result my productivity suffered. Once my “ramping up caseload” period was implemented and productivity standards were not met I received daily phone calls and since salary revolves around units billed I had no other choice but to take a pay cut. Productivity standards are unrealistic and unethical. Point of service documentation on a consistent basis is unrealistic and unfortunately many unpaid hours are spent at home doing documentation. I would not recommend this company. I would be careful listening to their philosophy and promises because unfortunately I never saw them come to light.
Pros
After much thought I see no pros
Cons
Significant pressure to maintain productivity, questionable “referrals” with pressure to build and maintain caseload, misleading and disappointing experience
Requires time managment skills
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 14, 2017
The culture of the company is great! Each team is different and culture does somewhat change between states even though they try to make it uniform. Work/ Life management is difficult to accomplish, often time you are left to do different aspects of the job on your own time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight