Fox Rehabilitation Employee Reviews for Accounts Receivable Clerk

2.9Job Security & Advancement
calling on outstanding medical bills
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJFebruary 28, 2017
The Fox family worked well together and are a very generous group of people who help others in need. They truly appreciate their employees.
they hired me literally right after completing my medical billing and coding classes and although I never got that far, I was grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
the meetings were always fun
Cons
my job was too short
Great Co-workers
Medicare AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 30, 2016
My co-workers weren't just my co-workers they were my work family. I felt very appreciated and loved by the staff at Fox Rehabilitation. You always may have one or two people that you may have issues with or they have issues with you, but overall the rest of the staff treated me great. They go all out and decorate your desk when celebrating your birthday and they sing happy birthday to you too. Also, you get a cake and card. We had team games once every couple months and different activities for the whole office through out the year. My favorite part of my department was decorating for the holidays, we always go all out. Besides the pay and poor benefits, everything else was great at Fox Rehab. I worked in the Medicare AR department, the reason I left was because I had moved and the distance to work was difficult for me.
Pros
Free Food, great staff and great moral
Cons
starting pay and benefits
Fun place to work
Commercial A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 26, 2013
At Fox, I begin my typical work day by checking with our electronic claims vendor for and rejections on previously claims; I find some and quickly and work to resolve the issues so that I can get the claim back out to the insurance company before the claim filing deadline. I also want to pull down any electronic remittances from this site so that the payments can be posted along with any checks coming in the regular mail today. Now its time to post any payments received. I carefully review each payment and post the payments, adjustments and patient portions to the accounts. When finished I review anything that I have flagged for appeal. I carefully review the flagged items with the payment policy for that insurance to see if the claim was paid correctly, if not I will prepare an appeal and send it in to the insurance company. After all payments are applied and appeals have been sent, I will file everything away in it’s proper place and put the appeals in my tickler file for follow-up.

I have to admit that I've learned to work better with denials and follow-ups.

As at every job, Management is management. I found that at that position management fair at time, but easy to get along with.

The co-workers were nice, friendly, and we always worked as a team.

The job was fun all around. I have to say that I am experienced in this field, so I was just doing what I liked to do. There really wasn't a hard part of the job.

Finally, Fox was a fun and somewhat friendly atmosphere. They provided a gym were Professional Physical therapist trained you to workout. Use of the
  more... facility was daily and very fun. They also had seasonal challenges where each department competed against each other. overall, the work environment was fun and exciting.  less
Pros
personal Trainers, gym, free lunch, and incentives.
Cons
Healthcare cost, and no overtime.