Fox Rehabilitation Employee Reviews for Occupational Therapist

Flexible company with great work-life balance
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJJuly 2, 2018
At FOX, you work at your pace. You have control over your schedule and can work at your own convenience. It is challenging to schedule patients at first, but once you get into a routine, it becomes a lot more manageable. My region is in a very busy territory so I have a steady caseload and am consistently working over quota. We have a great overtime rate and holiday incentives too. There is so much opportunity with personal growth with this company. I don't plan on leaving this company any time soon.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great people
I love working here
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 6, 2018
Really supportive staff, great management. Home office is so organized and really supportive with anything therapists need. Really great culture and places the patient above all else
Requires time managment skills
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 14, 2017
The culture of the company is great! Each team is different and culture does somewhat change between states even though they try to make it uniform. Work/ Life management is difficult to accomplish, often time you are left to do different aspects of the job on your own time.
Terrible, dishonest
Occupational Therapist, Hansson, MA (Former Employee) –  Hanson, MAApril 30, 2017
I would not recommend this company to any of my friends or family. The management gave no direction to this new graduate. The human resources department demonstrated poor people skills and unwillingness to work with others. I am very disappointed in this company overall.
Pros
Specific facility staff = wonderful
Cons
Most
Poor Work/Life Balance
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 1, 2016
Burnt out very quickly with the high quota, high mileage and excessive documentation. When asked to reduce quota due to family obligations (toddler at home) the management was hostile and was given an ultimatum to do the quota or leave. Quickly decided this was not the right company for me and I found a wonderful therapy position I love. If you are young and have not started a family then maybe you can make this job work for you, but for OTs with young children at home that need a mom who is not constantly on the computer documenting until 11pm at night then look elsewhere.
Pros
Good documentation training for Medicare
Cons
required to work in poor weather conditions to reach high quota, had to purchase own therapy equipment and PPE
Most unethical and uncaring company ever!!
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 24, 2016
Do yourself a favor and skip this job, there are plenty of other wonderful therapy jobs out there. This company will run you ragged from expecting you to work for free during meetings and for documentation and no gas mileage reimbursement, to having to work long hours just to meet a quota every week that is just too much for any ethical therapist to participate in. Obviously the company is out to make the profits off of the therapists back without giving anything back in return. Think about it, there is a reason that this company is CONSTANTLY posting ads for therapists, the turn over is very high, as it should be when you treat therapists like very poorly!!
Pros
Cons
Very expensive benefits with poor coverage, 100% productivity expected, expected to work for free on your own time for staff meetings, no compensation for mandatory company get togethers in other states, no gas mileage reimbursement for driving, high quotas expected, no reimbursement for documentation time, poor maternity benefits, little vacation time, very hostile management and human resources.
Autonomy to provide clinically excellent care
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 4, 2014
I am proud that I am able to build caring relationships with my clients which maximize the goals we can achieve together. Fox delivers a proactive approach to healthcare which allows their clinicians to promote strength and well-being before a fall or other injury occurs. I get the privilege of working on a great team with dedicated and passionate clinicians. There are also plenty of opportunities for advancement at Fox. I like that Fox encourages ongoing education: they provide 3-4 paid CEU courses annually, a PACE program (which is a clinical ladder that focuses on Professional, Academic and Clinical Excellence), and a Geriatric Residency Training Program. I am able to base my plans of care on what works best and is functionally appropriate, not on what insurance covers or what is traditionally done.
Pros
Autonomy, Emphasis on Evidence based practice, Flexibility, Being able to work in client's natural environment, Supportive Director, Fun team, Continuing Education opportunities
Cons
Time spent on documentation, the ever changing Medicare guidelines.
Not honest and upfront about amount of work job takes
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  MDJune 7, 2014
Just started working for this company and wish I had stayed away. Days are very long to meet your high quota. If you don't meet it you are expected to work weekends. If you are in one of their ALFs, there is no onsite administrative support, so you as a therapist have to do all the faxing, copying, printing (if they supply you a printer) and calling to get consent and discuss co-pays and insurance with POAs and families of patients.

You have to take time to go to facility meetings at least once a week, and write up and keep a census sheet to email the directors, and you are getting paid for NONE of this extra work! You are a "salaried" employee, but when you get your paycheck you can't help but feel cheated cause you are only paid for the units you bill (130 units weekly=32 hrs a week, so paycheck only says 64 hours total on it). When in reality you are putting in at least 40 to 50 hours a week, and then taking documentation home on top of it. I averaged 1-2 hours a night and would spend 4-6 hours at home documenting.

They speak a lot about about point of service documentation, but even with doing that you still have to take it home to finish and sign the notes, do progress reports, and finish evaluations. Every new hire spends nights and weekends documenting, and some I knew said they were up til 10 or 1 am documenting!! Therefore, I have only been working here for a little over a month and am already feeling incredibly burnt out, as are the other new hires. Bottom line is they only care about you meeting that quota. If you truly value your free time, family, and hobbies,
  more... steer clear of this company.  less
Pros
Good CEUs, good online resources, strives to use evidence based practice
Cons
"Flexibility" of job is truly not flexible due to all the extra hours put in to meet quota, no 401K match, average benefits
fun company to work for
occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 5, 2014
I loved the opportunity to treat clients in their home, it allowed me to be completely client centered.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
It's like the book "1985"...don't recommend working here!!!
Occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  South JerseyMarch 20, 2013
This company is not what it was a few years ago. The owner is greedy and he's going to end up driving the company into the ground. They waste money like crazy...then suddenly went against our contracts by dropping our salaries 5% and moving us to hourly so they can send us home as soon as it gets slow. Their practices are very shady. Try to take 700$ from your last check if you leave before 1st year of employment. Bend the rules to suit themselves on every occasion. Ridiculous work expectations...often working us at 90-97% productivity in SNF...on top of ridiculous redundant paperwork which makes you stay late every day...then trying to make us work weekends when they originally told us they wouldn't. They are dishonest, greedy, VERY disorganized and going downhill financially. The owner calls Fox "cult-like" as though this is a good thing. It's not...the ones who stay and buy into it are brainwashed by his constant false promises. They walk around with a fake smile on their face talking about Fox like the owner is God and Fox is heaven. Far from it. Quality of patient care in their SNFs is poor...not enough time to spend on patient care.
Pros
decent salary/benefits if they don't take them from you suddenly
Cons
unrealistic productivity expectations, more paperwork than patient care, they don't honor the contract they make you sign