Fox Restaurant Concepts Employee Reviews

horrible work experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2019
would honestly rate them zero stars if i could. short shifts which don't allow you to make as much money as other places. managers suck and everyone thinks they are too good for others. wouldnt recommend working here
Poductive and fun place to work
Flower Child (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 8, 2019
They are completely unique and understanding. they are a flexible great company to work for. The atmosphere is constantly up beat, and very positive. They are awesome.
Pros
free tea when you work, employee meal
Cons
no real breaks
Great culture and learning environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  PhoenixDecember 25, 2018
Working for FRC I came into work with high expectations that were met majority of the time, the restaurant always had great energy and I felt like I was at home whenever I was there. The management team meshed well together with few exceptions just like any other place but everyone got along and made you feel needed. What I learned from the being a sous chef at FRC was how to manage people which was also the hardest part of my job I was an extremely introverted person and the experience opened me up to a whole new world of communication. The most enjoyable part was getting to see the staff that I helped cultivate everyday, getting to see my second home thrive like a well oiled machine. Coming in and getting shoulder to shoulder with the team and aiding them and hearing about whats going on in their life and giving them advice to help them through any problems they were having.
Amazing Company
chef and leader (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2018
Too many great things to say about the company. Only hope they will continue to open more concepts throughout the country. I love and continue to love to work for the company.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Great atmosphere
Cons
Ambitious Goals
Fun company
SERVER / BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 3, 2018
Fast paced, high selling company with a relaxed and fun environment for all of it's employees. Food was always excellent and the company really cares about their employees.
Pros
Very popular company
Cons
Sometimes over-worked
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2018
An amazing place to work. The people are amazing. The atmosphere is amazing. There are benefits and an overall positive feeling to walking into work everyday.
Bullying and favoritism between staff and management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2018
There’s a reason why they are constantly looking for staff... Management hires friends and they get priority over new people they bring on. Horrible experience.
Manager/ Server
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2018
Great company to work for, if you work hard you will get the recognition you deserve. Possible room for advancement, it depends on what you are interested in, how well you perform, and if the opportunity is available.
Pros
awesome atmosphere, culture, opportunity for growth
Cons
long hour shifts as a server
Fantastic company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2018
I love Fox Restaurant concepts, they have helped develop me into the man and manager that I am today. The CEO and company overall are VERY caring for their employees. The compensation is average for management, but the benefits are quite exceptional. They promote time in service over quality of service occasionally, there are some managers and chefs who are in positions they cannot handle and compensated well. The work life balance is undesirable. Expect long hours, long days, sometimes 6 day weeks, and 11-12 hours a day. This is the restaurant industry, you should expect that anyways so don't hold it against them.
Doughbird
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
Obtained service skills by learning to use drink trays, open bottles of wine and describe the menu in an accurate and comforting manner while also upselling.
Fun company to work for
Private Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2018
A great company to learn many skills of the restaurant business and a great source to get promote within the company. A great atmosphere and the culture in the company is great.
Pros
promotes within the company
Cons
transfers of managers
Fun and productive coworkers. Condescending management .
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2018
Fair responsibility allocation. Flexible work environment. I learned more table-side etiquette. Best part of the job; my coworkers and the regular guests. Worst part of the job; the condescending, dismissive, and uncaring inclination of the management team, including upper management.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Overstaffed shifts
Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 20, 2018
The culture of FOX itself is amazing. But when trying to bring that culture into a location, it is viewed as being brainwashed. There are some amazingly talented individuals who are overlooked and unheard. Management does not lead by example on day-to-day activities. These are your pointers and exclaimers, not your leaders and helpers. It is very cut throat, as well as unprofessional. I've seen lots of employees leave, and the reason is always management. Employees are micromanaged on any mishap that may happen, but there is never praise for the things they are doing...or an offer of a helping hand followed by coaching. Cursing, screaming, and belittling are a regular occurance...and any thing to cover one's own back will be done with 0 integrity or thought. Lots of egos and 0 leadership or discipline.
Too many talking heads who think there is nothing left to learn.
Terrible! Everything about this Group is wrong...
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 7, 2018
North is a horrible place to work! Management is terrible, fast food environment, over worked, under staffed and the use of the phrase "drink the kool-aid." I can go on and on about what a dive North Italia is. Just not a good environment....You have been warned!
Pros
Cons
Get employed here and you will see.
Great company to build a career with and develop a unique skillset on how to manage a restaurant/business
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2018
Fast paced and intense work environment that conditions you for any kind of setting in the restaurant industry. A great opportunity to spring board you into a successful career within or outside the company. An invaluable learning experience.
Pros
5 day work weeks, holidays off, fair compensation, consistent/unified message and/or direction from management
Cons
Political work environment
Systematic Failures Are Your Failures; You're Responsible for t
Server (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 13, 2018
If you enjoy wearing a target on your back; enjoy! No matter how much you're willing to do, something tends to go wrong (typically something as systematic as limited stock, kitchen errors, being sat sporadically, etc.) and you ought to expect that at North Italia you will be held accountable as a scapegoat. In recent months, many loyal and determined servers have been fired as a resolution to guest complaints that typically have little to nothing to do with service, but hey corporate sees that management has addressed the issue.

This has caused restaurant culture to freefall into a rotten state. Expect to work off the clock for additional sidework that you'be completed up to demand throughout your whole shift, and expect this to be communicated aggressively and incoherently.

Unfortunately, the team is your fellow servers; once you make a humane error or face something you couldn't do anything about, expect a write-up and management to turn heel.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Culture & Management
The main is issue is the GM
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2018
He’s been let go from other Las Vegas establishments for female harassment & poor management. Refusal to speak to guests, and drinking heavily at work
Good for making easy money
Server/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2018
I actually loved working there. I needed the flexible schedule to spend time with my son. The people were good to me. I made great friends. I had fun. I didn't like the Manager's management style.
Fox Restaurant Concepts
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2017
A fun, professional, and leadership based company with unique and trendy concepts. Extremely guest oriented, and training is provided in every area throughout the restaurant. The leadership is top notch, and the standards are high.
Fast paced, long hours, big restaurant to cover
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2017
We start with a pre-shift line-up to go over the daily agenda and specific focus for the day performed by the opening or closing manager depending on the shift. Very fun place if you value the menu and food knowledge. Hardest part is doing side work at the end of your shift. Best part is the management!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Restaurant Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.