Fox Theatre Employee Reviews

fun to work here because of the people
Facility Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
Overall this is a good company to work for. The management is cool. I got along with everybody. the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be others that i worked with. We worked together as a team, we got the job done and yet had fun. I left this company because there is no forward/upward mobility.
Pros
people
Cons
No upward mobility
don't do it
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2019
they hire you work you to the bone but pay you pretty well but the managers are very rude cocky an have favorites. once they're over you you're out the door
Pros
meet great people while making drinks
Cons
poor management money confusion
Fun place to work
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2018
I can't speak for what it's like to be a core member of the fox theatre, but from my experience as a tour guide, everyone I work with is very friendly and helpful
Relaxed and a fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2018
I loved my job working with housekeeping sevices.I work cleanall bathroom maintain all areas keeping them clean,and smelling good or customers.i would help clean the theathe after plays and concerts.
Pros
Lunch parties
Cons
We had good break quiet and peaceful place to work
Bad environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 7, 2018
You can work more than anyone and still not mean anything to them , like you’re not valuable. They take advantage of you specially if you’re young. You have to work every weekend. You barely have time to yourself or for family because they want you there 24-7. You get no payed time off, no sick days and no vacations days. You can be dying of a fever and they will STILL make you come in and work a couple hours then go home. They don’t care about you they just use you to there convince. You can also request off but you’re not going to get paid those days. You have to work every holiday no cut hours or nothing it’s a normal day for them.
Pros
Discounts on movie tickets
Cons
Take advantage of employees, you work EVERY holiday, no sick days off, no payed time off
Job fun but hours aren't consistent
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2018
A typical day at work is pretty good as well as workplace culture, but the front of the house management is not consistent with the kitchen management. Hours are inconsistent (there can be more hours than originally scheduled) as well as an inconsistent number of customers. Things are not as organized as it should be - management should consider having customer reservations in advance, and maybe consider a cancellation or no-show fee for customers who do not honor their reservations. This is an issue that happens too frequently.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no standard breaks - very inconsistent based on customer needs
Okay
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2018
No tip just come with a great mind set, You will to work hard and stand long periods, but you have a be a people lover and love working around them. Ok
Pros
Nice tips
Cons
Minimum security
Productive, always something to do
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COOctober 1, 2018
I originally started work there through my brother. It is a good place of business. I would recomend for anyone who needs a job for a couple of hours a day
Pros
Free pop and limited free candy
Cons
The female boss shouldnt be a boss
Terrible place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
The Fox Theatre is an organization that is all about the bottom line. The employees work 12 hour shifts and are paid fast food worker salaries despite the millions of dollars the theatre makes per year. There is little to no training, poor ethics and terrible working conditions. It's basically like working for a factory in a third world country behind the scenes, not glamorous at all. Perks are all but nonexsistent; getting tickets is extremely difficult for employees. I would not recommend this company as an employee or a guest.
Atlanta Fox Theater has a Histor HOWEVER
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
The treatment of the bartender staff and the environment is toxic, unclean, hazardous on all levels. It is overdue for an overhaul in staff and the treatment and process of the entire work environment. I could go on in detail but I will stop here.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low wages, tip pool, no advancement opportunities, low tips, VERY hard work. Disrespectful enviroment. Unhealthy environment, toxic, infested
Fast pace work place
Volunteer Usher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
At the Fox theater a fast pace environment. There where lots of benefits to joining the team at the Fox. Such as, paid -time off, hour long breaks, and flexible work hours.
A typical day
Show Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2018
•Provide frontline Customer Service to theatre guests during major events and concerts
•Assist customers to designated destination and direct traffic for larger events
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2017
This a very fun place to work. They offer great opportunities for advancement. They have a quick paced environment. You have a chance to meet celebrities.
Awesome place and you get to see amazing shows
Backstage Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 13, 2017
It is truly unbelievable the architecture at the Fox and the tour guide gives you some great history on this famous building, You get to see one of a kind shows and work with the best people.
Volunteer position
Volunteer usher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2017
I was a volunteer at this theatre while in college. It was a great way to see shows on a budget and I'd recommend it to anyone living in Atlanta. All the other volunteers were there for the same reason!
Fun, outgoing, energetic
Maintenance Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2017
I love to make people around me smile. I work hard and get the job done. Ive met many great people along the way. I feel I am truly blessed to have had this opportunity.
Theatre
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2017
If you love musicals this is the job! Everyone was friendly and great to work with. I sat at the front desk and answered the phones and greeted incoming guest.
Atmosphere
Wardrobe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
I absolutely fell in love working backstage at the Fox Theater. I just knew I had found my place in the world. High energy and friendly staff. Variety of artists.
Pros
The variety of people that you meet.
Cons
Work calls vary
Fox
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48201June 13, 2017
Part- time job. It sucked working here, when i was here the pay was $8 a hour. The management was okay but not the best. I would recommend working here if your over the age of 17.
The Fox Theatre has my heart.
Box Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 2, 2017
I've been here for five years now. I've seen a lot of different forms of management come and leave. The team we have now is undoubtedly the strongest team we have ever had to date. I'm so honored to have gotten the opportunity to work here. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people. I love getting to work with all of my wonderful customers. This theatre is truly the gem of Downtown Tucson - in all meanings of the word.
Pros
Free Parking, Great hours, great staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Theatre. Our community is ready to answer.