Fox TV Employee Reviews

Wofl / wrbw / wogx
Research Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 14, 2018
Fast-paced exciting environment at a market leading Fox owned and operated property. Great entry-level opportunities and a management staff that is committed to create a winning TV station.
Great Atmosphere
PR Intern/ Special Events Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
Productive and great place to work with great exposure, Management was great and was willing to see their interns grow. Very client facing and was about to rotate between teams in order to achieve the major goal.
Hard Work
Freelance Camera Operator / Editor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 16, 2018
Manage interdisciplinary teams to evolve creative concepts into clear sets of deliverables
Define the scope of projects (goals, deliverables, schedule, and budget)
Serve as primary client contact, defining the project vision and managing expectations
Play a dual role of client advocate and R/GA team advocate
Keep projects on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes
Lead meetings and conference calls, and effectively set up the presentation of creative work
Communicate project issues and resolution to the client and internal team
Pros
nice envrionnment
Cons
freelance
Very productive for me.
Internship (Former Employee) –  austin texasOctober 23, 2017
It was a very good experience. I had no problems.I was given a chance for hands on experience and given a chance to practice broadcasting.

The workers there were very supportive.
Pros
free food
Cons
didnt pay
Fun to produce comedy. Very fast-paced, daily show environment
Senior Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
This is a great job if you enjoy producing comedy. However, there is no room for advancement. It seems like the show will be cancelled in the next year.
Pros
Fun to produce comedy
Cons
Show looks like it's on it's way out
job
Forklift Driver/ grip (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2017
great place to work for nice people and great pay steady hours plus OT. paid holidays, sick days, opportunity for advancement and raises..
Pros
money and people
Cons
weather
Best workplace I had to pleasure to work f.or
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 12, 2016
For starters I was in the operations department as a MCO (Master Control Operator). The job had decent hours for work/life balance, meaning there weren't any odd hours to work other than the overnight shift. Compensation was decent, although they're in a smaller market so they pay a little less and I'm not entirely sure but I don't think they offer overnight shift differential. Job security was phenomenal, if you did your job correctly or showed even a remote interest in getting better at your job they loved you. Management was the best I had ever had, they were understanding, motivating, and sociable. I have worked at tons of places where the management would walk by you without even a glance but whenever a manager walked by my office they always made it a point to say hello at the beginning of the day and goodbye at the end.
Pros
Management, relaxed work environment, good hours
Cons
pay a little less than normal
it was a fun job.
Receptionists and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working as a receptionist and had fun with co-workers and the some what relaxed environment. It was interesting learning the behind the seance operations of a television station.
great place to work
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 13, 2015
Fun work environment great people to work for. Management was very helpful. Benefits where amazing. Very understanding as I was starting with my training.
Exciting place to work
Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2015
Fun creative environment. Great crew and lots of travel. I learned and experienced a lot of great things while under the FOX umbrella.

Want to know more about Fox TV?

Ask a question
Outstanding company
Executive Producer's assistant and secretary (Former Employee) –  Los angelesApril 18, 2015
This award winning emmy show was one of my favorite companies to work for. The producers are top notch and I learned so much about the production side of television. They are truly passionate about their work and it is reflected on each series that airs.
one of the best jobs in the world...
Photojournalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2015
A typical work day would include me shooting and edited several stories for the news that would air daily... much to complicated to explain in a typed message.
Pros
highly visible job
Cons
lots of death and tragedy
Great Co-workers getting the job done, Management needs vision.
News Photographer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2014
Typical work day is nonstop merry go round pushing time management and multi tasking skills to the limit.Management needs to know more of what the viewing public really wants and not only the bottom line.Most co-corkers are great sharing their lives and outside interests as well as willingness to help and teach others when needed. The hardest part of the job is without a doubt the inability of the management to understand what is going on in the field and what the crew is capable of producing under the circumstances, not enough weight given to the crew on scene.Without question the best part job is the great number of interesting people, places, and things you encounter over the course your career.
Pros
Pay/ Benefits/ Co-workers
Cons
Time away from family for non-breaking news
Productive workplace to gain beneficial experience
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2014
On a typical day I communicate with the majority of the staff, placing lunch orders and restocking office supplies as needed. The long days can be hard, but working on a successful animation show is a rewarding experience.
Pros
Free lunch, fully-stocked kitchen
Very fun place to work
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 1, 2014
This is a great experience if you are just out of college or have no real life commitments. The pay is poor for anyone with a family as it is commission based. But one can learn many new things and have fun doing so.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Poor pay and no benefits
Productive and laid back work environment
Writer/Newsroom (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnMarch 5, 2013
Working in the newsroom of WHBQ was an amazing experience. I value deeply me time there. I learned a lot from team work to patience. The experience was like no other.
Pros
can do anything you want as long as work is completed.
Cons
very competitive environment.
Great management in Engineering.
Sr.Dir.of Broadcast Ops.& Engrg. (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2012
Loved to work with all departments; news, promotions, sale, engineering etc. in an effort to evolve the product and its people.
Pros
great, hard working people
Cons
there is a glass ceiling