Fox Valley Technical College Employee Reviews

educational and hands on
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITES (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 13, 2018
i was a student on work study. I had a lot of hands on training. A typical day is busy with lots of running around trying to get everything prep and set up for service. i learned to manage my time and keep up with the pace. i enjoyed everything about the job because i was learning something everyday. The head chef i worked with took the time to explain the process of things for me instead of just telling me to do something without explanations.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tiring and hard work
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 29, 2018
Working behind the desk of Student Life is a relaxed and very friendly atmosphere. In a typical day, I take student IDs, assign lockers, provide students with information, create advertisements and posters for upcoming events, perform clerical duties, assist with mailings, and more. As it is a work-study position, during the slow times, we have the opportunity to work on our school work.
Pros
Kind people, work-study, and decent pay.
Cons
During the summer, there is many slow days.
Good Culture & Rewarding Work
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 24, 2018
I would recommend it to any one starting in a marketing career. The staff was supportive & the work gave me skills & experience. I was able to work with different aspects in marketing & develop communication skills.
Pros
people, work, flexiblility
Cons
pay
Great company
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 14, 2018
I loved working here. Had to leave for personal reasons and thought this was my dream job. Great instructors, great managers...great place to work. I loved this job.
Great place to work for as a student
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIApril 27, 2018
Very light very fun work environment, the bosses make sure everyone is taken care of to the max. They truly helped me out when I needed them. Great place to work!
Great place to learn IT support
Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time at FVTC very much, It is a great school, and their IT program is hands on. I liked everyone there, and especially the cafeteria where the culinary students prepared the food!
Pros
school
Cons
no pay
Great resource for students
TLC Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 16, 2018
For my position, we are available on site for students to utilize as a resource for help with assignments. We do not have a heavy flow at the Oshkosh campus, but there are "regulars" we see and have the pleasure of helping. The hardest part of the job is when you feel you do not have all the answers, but we generally know where to send them for help when we cannot. I enjoyed the feeling of satisfaction a student got when they suddenly understood something they did not prior to their visit with us.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Sometimes the days were too quiet, but I was able to work on homework which is a big plus!
Peer Advisors are involved in a wide range of activites.
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 14, 2018
This job is fun if you like to work with many different kinds of people. You get the chance to do many different activities to help you in your future career.
Intern
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 2, 2018
1. I was an intern and I have limited experience beyond this.

2. I was an intern.

3. I was an intern and nothing beyond that.

4. Great experience while working here.
Excellent culture
Food Pantry Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 12, 2018
I want to start this review out by taking a moment to applaud the exceptional management team. I have never had a better experience with a manager than I had at FVTC.

This position was very flexible and very work/life balance focused. I had never ending list of responsibilities which taught me very quickly how to prioritize, delegate, and organize.

I have never worked in a place where so many individuals root for and actively assist in your success. Fox Valley Technical College is truly and amazing place to work.
it was school
Full-time student (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 22, 2017
it was school, what can I say. I didn't work at the tech so I don't why have I need something about working there when I went to school at the tech...
Pros
cute girls to check out
Cons
homework
Great Place to work
Accounts Payable Internship (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 10, 2017
Itss awesome to work in campus and really helpful people. I work as Tutor in Accounting lab love to help students while they working on they homework's.
good
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 3, 2017
relaxed enviroment. i was only a work study position student. good place for someone in school and want to make a little extra money whiule in school.
Productive Work environment with plenty of learning opportuities
Agile Development Team Member (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 24, 2017
This job was a school sponsored dry run of working in an agile team. It helped me to better understand what the thought process behind agile development was (something that is used in my daily work) and helped me practice how to work in a team with team members with wildly different expectations on how to accomplish our goals.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job at FVTC is helping students develop and grow in the program. I find that each person has different abilities and I try to support each person's individual strengths.
Fun work experience
COLLEGE AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 11, 2017
I worked as a College Ambassador. Training was in-depth and fun while learning about what the college has to offer. The staff that trained our group was knowledgeable and supportive as well as passionate about their job and FVTC.
Pros
Worked with a variety of individuals; team atmosphere
Cons
Sporadic dates for job commitments
Rewarding and Challenging
Training & Technical Assistance Liaison (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 7, 2017
The organization has recently undergone a change over and merge with National Criminal Justice Training Center NCJTC and improvement was shown. The old management was challenging in that they generally bent or caved to the demands of payment providers rather than the adequate quality of services and education. Today, the staff appear much happier and the quality of the training sessions have improved. I enjoyed my service with the agency greatly and would love to work full time however the agency has expectations that perhaps the right culture would enjoy and thrive in. I spent a great deal of time marketing AMBER Alert topics and providing lectures on offender management programs. It was extremely rewarding.
Adjunct Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 3, 2017
Daily interaction with students... collaboration with colleagues... gratifying to see students succeed... positive work environment... convenient location
Pros
Poasitive environment
Cons
Hard to get from part-time to full-time employment
work environment
Supervisor Training School (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 29, 2017
A typical day at work would be a team oriented environment, I learn to work better using the team concept. Management provide all the tools that was need for me to be successful on a daily basis. The culture was a learning atmosphere which we use to compete daily activities. The hardest part of my job was leaving family being away over night. the most enjoyable part of my job was receiving reviews about the job that I was doing and being paid for something that I enjoy.
Pros
Helping other to acheive their goals
Cons
Failing to acheive the goals that i have placed in my life.
I love working here!
Student Life Intern (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 7, 2017
Great place to work. Supportive and helpful coworkers and overall, a great company to complete an internship with. I love that the department I work in allows me to use and apply my knowledge. No micromanagement in the Student Life Department at all. Love, love love interning here!