FPA Women's Health Employee Reviews

Empowering
TREATMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 7, 2018
Great place to work, the job didn't work out for me simply because the timing was off.
I learned front and back office skills, as well as receptionist skills.
for people with no real responsibilities
Customer Service Agent/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  san bernadino californiaNovember 3, 2018
the job only paid 10$ per hour and in the state of California a salary like that when you have kids and bills to pay is only going to leave you struggling.
Pros
they catered food sometimes
Cons
no a good working call center and the manager was a joke.
FPA review
Licensed Vocational Nurse/ Back Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 23, 2018
A typical work day at FPA starts at eight A.M. Routine clinic checks are done initally. I've learned how to have patience and work as a cohesive team.
Pros
paid 30 minute lunch
Cons
no breaks, work according to patient flow.
fast paced procedures. teamwork ,excellent supervisor and coworkers.
Medical Assistant - Venipuncture (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 30, 2018
start working with this company i adquired experience with iv fluids and recovery patiets also give us our scheduled , have to go different cities due toi work, good and safe en vironment.
Pros
meetings with suoeriors
Ok place to start
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
The doctors and physians don’t appreciate you. They tend to bully you. And when you tried to talk to them about it they tell you everything is in your head. The pay is not even good they take forever to give you your benefits.
Pros
You work full time
Cons
They don’t appreciate you
Worst place to work and low pay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2018
The company does not care about the patients nor employees. They are very rude (talk about patients and employees in front of everyone). It’s a fast paced environment because they over book patients. There is no consistency in the workflow. The manager changes on how things should be done everyday. The coworkers and manager will be nice to you at first then they start talking about you.
I enjoyed working for the FPA
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 10, 2017
Made appointments performed basic lab work obtained vital signs the management was very nice very understanding the hardest part was just wanting to do more for patient.
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
short breaks
Great Staff
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAOctober 5, 2017
The office was great not what I would recommend different doctors office. If you can handle working in abortion clinic this is the place to be. Also, the staff was great.
Coworkers were great
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with patients and helping them with their health plans. Management made you feel like you are part of family. The doctors in the group took great care for their patients and also the employees were assume to work with as a staff
Pros
the working environment was like being part of the family
Cons
The operations manager was very hard to work with
good
Medical Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2017
helping patients, checking in I enjoyed my co workers, loved fast paced days made days go by faster. being able to help the patents....................................
Productive work place
Medical Assistant/Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 24, 2017
Family planning clinic , good work place, guaranteed your 40 hours at the call center, little room for advancement, im a call center agent for FPA , i schedule patient Appointments for GYN services for all 21 clinic locations in Californina.
Pros
Employee appreciation day once every other month
Great work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to work and learn. Staff is very nice and management is very understanding.The providers are also great and take their time with their patients.
Horrible place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 13, 2016
Over worked under paid no employee appreciation the management treated the call center like they were embarrassed of us out door restroom and we were only allowed to use the main office if the outdoor was out of service
very nice place to work at and always learning something new :)
OB/GYN sono tech/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 15, 2016
It was good place to work at for learning new staff everyday.
I used to do ultrasound and MA stuff.
I got better in scanning and knowing Alot of stuff about MA.
I had then most fun co-workers.
the hardest part about this job is getting super busy because of walk-in, but we used to mange it ..
The most enjoyable part is working with cool co-workers and nice nurses who used to teach me a lot of new stuff everyday.
productive, busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJune 29, 2016
assisted up to 50 patients a day.
learned great back office experience. patient care & assisting, how to set up trays for procedures, clean up rooms, scan paper work, etc.
great clinic, all co workers were great to work with & did the best of their ability to train & give information.
i enjoyed everything i did.
Great place for experience
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2016
This is a great place to get experience not for anyone looking for a long term job. Ppl with no experience get paid way more becuz they're friends with the supervisor.
Pros
A job
Cons
No breaks and no appreciation.
Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Very mismanaged at times, no consistent schedule which interferes with scheduling outside of work. Staff is great and hardworking, its a peaceful work environment for the most part.
co works are hard team players ,helping patients get the care they need
Treatment coordinator/MLP Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time at fpa womens heath I loved helping patients get the care and attention they need .sometimes didn't worked full time hours with no breaks
Cons
no breaks
Great Work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino CAApril 4, 2015
Busy day at work helping patients with different women needs. I learned OB/GYN skills and also surgical assistant skills. Learning the human body and how pregnancy is different for every women. Management is great always there if you need them for whatever reason. Always has and "open door." Co-Workers wonderful, everybody gets along and is like a big happy family. Patients are my most enjoyable part for me because I love to help and make people feel better. I enjoy to learn different health problems with different people. Everybody has a different case and I enjoy to solve the problem and get answers.
Pros
positive work environment and the great perks of being employed at FPA
Cons
The protesters on surgery day
Supportive and Friendly workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
Focused on providing the highest level of patient care for women. Quality patient care is the top priority at this workplace and each employee works together to make sure the patient has a holistic experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FPA Women's Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight