Framatome Employee Reviews

Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 12, 2018
I was brought in as a contractor to support the marketing department during maternity leave for one of their employees. I was instantly given responsibilities and looked to for ideas and suggestions. Trust was instilled in me from the beginning even though I was new to the company and products.
Pros
Flexible time, ability to work remote, great work/life balance
Professional place to work
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
Great benefits and challenging work. A little slow to promote but the upward mobility is there. Nuclear though is a cyclic industry and the down times are upon us now.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 31, 2018
Somewhat unstable at times due to industry.
Company is in flux attempting to maintain viability.
Workforce reductions occur regularly.
Enjoyed working for Framatome
Reactor Vessel Head Replacement Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 23, 2018
Working on replacing the three reactor vessel heads at the Oconee Nuclear Station was certainly one of the high points of my career. Company gave me complete rein on doing what was needed to be done to support this major project at Oconee. Although this was a fast pace project to replace all three heads in 14 months this was challenging but very rewarding. We worked to the Oconee QA Program and procedures.
Pros
Got to solve problems the plant has had in removing the heads since placed in operation, reduce lifing time by 8 hours.
Cons
Long shift hours, sometimes had to redo work more than once to prove to client that we were ready.
Great opportunists with terrible working hours
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 9, 2018
Easy work, good benefits, lots of PTO and vacation hours provided but the hours are long and change at drop of a dime lots of shift work so it interferes with home life.
Ok
Planner/Demand Analyst (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 23, 2018
Was an ok job as a production scheduler. Was promoted to another position after 5 years on the job. Had the opportunity to go to Europe for work which was very informative.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Long commute
Low pay for industry
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 14, 2018
Low pay for the industry, no advancement, dying industry, poor management, poor culture, good ole boy system, bad work life balance, stay away do not work here
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced automotive
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westland, MISeptember 20, 2017
Fast paced automotive supplier. Clean work environment and good people to work with. Stressful, but it's automotive. Good benefits and liberal time off.
Loved this Opportunty
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington VA/ Bethesda MDAugust 14, 2017
This was my first "real" working experience. I was very lucky to work in a small but growing company. It was later merged with another company and I remained an employee for + 20 years.

I was hired as an EA/Office Manager but grew to take on different responsibility throughout my career with the company.

I was part of wonderful team. The goal was always to succeed and help one another as a team and to make our business grow and flourish.

I used my language, people and organizational skills throughout my entire 20+ year career with FRAMTOME and later AREVA.
Pros
Wonderful working environment and benefits
Cons
The company went into financial hardship in2015
Long Term Career
Field Technician / Systems Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 8, 2017
While the business went through several ownership changes it was a stable place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Compensation was a bit low but the benefits were as good if not better than most local employers.
Wished I would have stayed with them since that is again who I am working with now (more ownership changes).
not a bad place to work
serviceman-laborer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 3, 2017
enjoyed working there got along with all the other employees never the same job twice in a row always different kept my interest enjoyed working with my employees and kept each other safe
Meeting the challenge of a dynamic and evolving market
Site Manager: Support Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 26, 2016
The company's many facets offer a wide variety of challenges to address issues within the every changing nuclear energy field....from front end mining, to back end decommissioning and all areas between.
Great place to work for
Lead machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 7, 2014
I really enjoyed my employment with this company. I meet a lot of really great people. Opportunity for growth was great. I was pleased to work for FCI however, I was really disappointed when the plant shut down.