FrameStore Employee Reviews

Short-term projects with long hours
Creative Producer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 7, 2018
This is the kind of company that hires only when projects are coming in so if you're looking for consistency, this probably isn't the pace for you. However, they're great people to work with and the talent is outstanding.
Production Assistant
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
I personally thought that Framestore was poorly managed. The pay was awful and some days we didn't get treated with a lot of respect. For anyone to spend their wings as an artist you should not work here. They do not allow a lot of room for you to grow. I thought they had terrible communication skills throughout the office.
Pros
They do good work.
Cons
Bad communication skills.
Very enjoyable work place
Pops frame shop (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJune 5, 2017
The manager was so nice and understandable. Customers were always polite and kind some days was bust but manageable. I'll tell anybody to take a job there.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not a lot of work days
Amazing
Intern/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Working here was really amazing and it really structured me for the responsibilities of a career. the work enviornment was really friendly and there was always something new and creative for me to do
Pros
access to kitchen
They do not pay for all of your work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2016
I freelanced for the company and did not get paid for all of the work. I currently have an outstanding invoice from over a year ago. The employee that originally brought me on has since left the company. The principal of the company who I was in contact with during the project does not return my emails and phone calls.
Cons
They do not pay for all of your work
Large Start Up Company
Executive Producer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 25, 2013
A day at Framestore LA included running teams of VFX producers, overseeing the systems department, the overall management of the office, communicating with London HQ, HR, finance and sales.

Because FS LA is a start up our team was relatively small; about 15 employees. They are a hard working team of content providers and artists. Communicating with them was the most enjoyable part of the job.

The least enjoyable part of the job was the lack of understanding from HQ how to do business in the state of California.

The most interesting part of the experience was learning the VFX pipeline , the software and dealing with the foreign offices.
Pros
Free reign on setting up systems
Cons
Bad healthcare and benefits