Framingham State University Employee Reviews

Work Study Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 4, 2019
Great job for college students to get experience. Everyone was helpful and willing to assist in any other training needed. One of the better work study jobs on campus
good job
office assistent (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 12, 2019
I liked working at framingham state because it fit in my schedule and my managers were very felixaeble knowing that I had classes as well. it is a good place to work
Productive and fun
Security Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 30, 2019
I was able to work on my school work while I keep people safe and I am able to make individuals feel welcomed when they come in. I am also able to make new connections and gain some communication skills.
We are a big FRAMily
Security Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 10, 2018
All the SDAs needed to work together to make sure all the hours of day were taken and there was always someone at the desk. When you were sitting at desk and another SDA or RA came into the building they almost always asked if you needed something like the bathroom or a snack break and we all supported one another.
Pros
Could work whatever hours you wanted
Cons
Cannot leave the desk unless someone else was there
Everyone is a state employee
Linux Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 13, 2018
Colleges and universities are known for being peculiar places to work. They tend to be balkanized by schools and departments and the individual units are often quite protective of any little perks or bailiwicks they may possess. This can lead to epic levels of inefficiency and stagnation.
Great place to work while attending
Security Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 15, 2018
I was an SDA while in college. I was able to get classwork done while on the job, and I was able to meet so many more people than I would if I didn't have the job. Overall, I really enjoyed being a Security Desk Attendant at the university.
Pros
able to get classwork done during shift
n/a
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 19, 2018
it was okay working here, i was a student so it worked out well. the teachers were okay, some better than others. a decent amount were unfair, i felt they were harsh on me because of my race.
Mathematics Tutor
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 11, 2018
This is a great college to work for if you enjoy helping others with mathematics questions. Everyone in the math department is amazing. I have enjoyed helping others when they struggled with mathematics.
working for the state has its challenges
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 5, 2018
It can be difficult to get things done, as it is a state university. However, as an adjunct faculty, I have had a great deal of flexibility which has been great.
Productive and fun work place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 1, 2018
My work study gave me an opportunity to meet a lot of great people. People that would become my mentors. I've gotten a lot of good advice from everyone that I encountered at that job.
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 26, 2018
The university is employee oriented and makes every effort to accommodate the needs of faculty while satisfying the needs of the students. It is a wonderful place to work. The enrollment numbers determine the needs for faculty and this is a bit concerning with declining enrollment in the graduate programs.
Pros
felxability
Cons
uncertainty of enrollment
Average Student Internship
MERC Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 17, 2018
Pay was $10 per hour at the time and your work schedule was created around your class schedule. The work was mundane and didn't make a difference in the school/community.
Gets you involved with the rest of the school community
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 21, 2018
This is a great way to make money on campus and meet new people. You learn how to interact with people and handle difficult situations with ease. Tough to get people to come to SI sessions though.
Productive and organized work place
Organic Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Every week I would prepare chemicals solutions and solids, set up lab equipments and break down the labs for the organic chemistry labs. The hardest part of the job was not always having the correct chemicals in stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to create different molar concentrations of chemical solutions, mix chemicals together, dispense solids, and be organized throughout the process.
Pros
Able to work on my own time
Cons
Interfered with Academics
Exciting environment with unforgettable coworkers
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 22, 2018
An amazing experience to have worked as an RA. This taught great time management skills, dealing with people one on one or in groups, and gave me training in areas such as Title 9, and Diversity.
Good Place to Work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Good work-life balance. But depending on which office you are working for. Salaries are set for most of the positions and fewer negotiations. Time off is amazing and good benefits with state pension program.
Professionals dedicated to students' successes
Assistant Coordinator of Disability Services (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 12, 2017
I taught adult students, and assisted students with disabilities who needed accommodations so that they could get equal education and they did get equal education and a great many of the students succeeded with their college life and academic achievement and went on to get good jobs.
Pros
Dedication, updated curriculum, excellent career services, excellent availability and update of current job listings
Cons
Expensive, lacking many certification programs, should have a library program for a degree in library service
School Job
Security Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 9, 2017
A typical work day at FSU as an SDA was simple. You go in, check the sign-in logs for any "holes" and get to work on whatever you brought to keep yourself busy. Sometimes you were by yourself, sometimes you worked with someone else. My supervisors were absolutely great people and they understood that we were students who had needs but also knew when to put their foot down. The hardest part of the job was getting up at ungodly hours of the night to work since it was a 24/7 job. The best part was being able to meet a bunch of new people and taking left over food from events.
Pros
Homework time
Cons
Rude people, 24/7 job
Friendly staff to work with
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 5, 2017
Friendly staff to work with. Learned to use new accounting software systems. Casual workplace environment. A lot of new things to learn.
Management was pleasant and helpful.
Education Supported Position
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 22, 2017
This job was extremely helpful and convenient for me to pursue while living at school. It provided extremely flexible hours and allowed be to put my schoolwork first.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Short Shifts, Able to do homework during
Cons
Difficulty finding coverage, unnecessary rules