Framingham State University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
working for the state has its challenges
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 5, 2018
It can be difficult to get things done, as it is a state university. However, as an adjunct faculty, I have had a great deal of flexibility which has been great.
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 26, 2018
The university is employee oriented and makes every effort to accommodate the needs of faculty while satisfying the needs of the students. It is a wonderful place to work. The enrollment numbers determine the needs for faculty and this is a bit concerning with declining enrollment in the graduate programs.
Pros
felxability
Cons
uncertainty of enrollment
Average Student Internship
MERC Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 17, 2018
Pay was $10 per hour at the time and your work schedule was created around your class schedule. The work was mundane and didn't make a difference in the school/community.
Gets you involved with the rest of the school community
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 21, 2018
This is a great way to make money on campus and meet new people. You learn how to interact with people and handle difficult situations with ease. Tough to get people to come to SI sessions though.
Productive and organized work place
Organic Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Every week I would prepare chemicals solutions and solids, set up lab equipments and break down the labs for the organic chemistry labs. The hardest part of the job was not always having the correct chemicals in stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to create different molar concentrations of chemical solutions, mix chemicals together, dispense solids, and be organized throughout the process.
Pros
Able to work on my own time
Cons
Interfered with Academics
Exciting environment with unforgettable coworkers
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 22, 2018
An amazing experience to have worked as an RA. This taught great time management skills, dealing with people one on one or in groups, and gave me training in areas such as Title 9, and Diversity.
Good Place to Work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Good work-life balance. But depending on which office you are working for. Salaries are set for most of the positions and fewer negotiations. Time off is amazing and good benefits with state pension program.
Professionals dedicated to students' successes
Assistant Coordinator of Disability Services (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 12, 2017
I taught adult students, and assisted students with disabilities who needed accommodations so that they could get equal education and they did get equal education and a great many of the students succeeded with their college life and academic achievement and went on to get good jobs.
Pros
Dedication, updated curriculum, excellent career services, excellent availability and update of current job listings
Cons
Expensive, lacking many certification programs, should have a library program for a degree in library service
School Job
Security Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 9, 2017
A typical work day at FSU as an SDA was simple. You go in, check the sign-in logs for any "holes" and get to work on whatever you brought to keep yourself busy. Sometimes you were by yourself, sometimes you worked with someone else. My supervisors were absolutely great people and they understood that we were students who had needs but also knew when to put their foot down. The hardest part of the job was getting up at ungodly hours of the night to work since it was a 24/7 job. The best part was being able to meet a bunch of new people and taking left over food from events.
Pros
Homework time
Cons
Rude people, 24/7 job
Friendly staff to work with
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 5, 2017
Friendly staff to work with. Learned to use new accounting software systems. Casual workplace environment. A lot of new things to learn.
Management was pleasant and helpful.
Education Supported Position
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 22, 2017
This job was extremely helpful and convenient for me to pursue while living at school. It provided extremely flexible hours and allowed be to put my schoolwork first.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Short Shifts, Able to do homework during
Cons
Difficulty finding coverage, unnecessary rules
Friendly Co workers all around the same age
Student Transportation Services/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MA 01701May 24, 2017
My time working at the student transportation center was refreshing because all my co workers were my age and i got along with them well. The job was pretty easy, you would either drive the shuttle busses or work at the desk
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, low hour allowance
Decent work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 5, 2017
This job was a typical, on campus college job. I worked basketball games but the faculty was very pleasant and fun to work with. It fit in with my schedule very well at school and was very accommodating.
A great community formed at Framingham State
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 12, 2017
Framingham State University prides itself on making wonderful connections amongst the workplace. They are focused on teamwork and collaboration.Great!
Excellent demeanor and work environment
Undergraduate Admissions Intern (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Each and every staff member is dedicated and passionate about creating the absolute best experience for every prospective student that visits their beautiful campus.
A great involvement opportunity for campus residents
Student Transportation Center Driver (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 27, 2016
As a driver and desk attendant for the Student Transportation Center, you will have the opportunity to be actively engaged in the FSU community. Your daily interactions with students as a go-to provider of service and route information places you at a prime leadership position.
Language Department Intern
Translation Intern and Language Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 12, 2016
I was an intern for the World Languages Department. I was able to work from the office or home, whatever was convenient as long as I completed the 10 hours of work a week. The flexibility of the schedule was great since I was also a full time student and was working another job. I learned a lot working on translating the different documents and from working along side the professors who worked in the department as well as other departments at the university.
Very supportive place with colleagues and administration
Full time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 5, 2016
Faculty are allowed to use textbooks of choice, design and implement curriculum, propose new courses and conduct independent studies with individual students.
Pros
Newer facility, good computer services, document cameras, work stations plentiful
Cons
2 day a week classes are at odd times
No room for a learning curve
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 5, 2016
The environment was unexpectedly cold and gossipy. Was not given proper, clear instruction and was not granted a learning curve upon entering the job.
Pros
Cons
Unpleasant environment
Fun and fast paced work environment
Laboratory preparations assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 29, 2016
On a typical day I clean and put away glass ware, I put away and set up lab stations for students by putting things back where they belong, and by placing materials needed out at the lab stations and preparing solutions used in the laboratory experiments. I learned how to advance my organizational skills and collaborate effectively with a partner. Management was very laid back, we were able to work hours that were convenient for our weekly schedule, very flexible. I had one co-worker whom helped me set up, we worked very well together and communicated successfully to get the job done on time. The Job was not particularly difficult, however finishing setting up before the lab needed to be executed by the students was sometimes difficult because of missing materials that we would have to scramble to find at the last second, but we always hit our deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, I love the lab setting and would definitely want to do this again.