Francesca's Employee Reviews

Strict and Tiring work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 16, 2019
A typical day at work was stressful and overly critical for a high school job. The manager was extremely critical and played favorites. Even though I was one of her favorites, it was frustrating to see my fellow employees working just as hard, and receiving no praise.
Dm/Sm
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 15, 2019
loved the style and the selling culture. I loved potential the company had. I learned a lot with my time at the company.

The selling techniques can be implemented at any job that includes sales. Great base for selling.
Pros
Great style, great clothes, ok discount, creativity, great sales culture!
Cons
No benefits for FT ASM, inexperienced management, work/homelife balance.
Narrowly Focused on the guest!
District Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2019
Family environment- fun but not challenging. Havent been able to figure out how to collaborate between departments. This makes it very difficult for the field.
Productive workplace with a fun and encouraging atmosphere.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PennsylvaniaMarch 13, 2019
Eager managers created a great working environment. I learned how to communicate and work towards a common goal. I was trusted with different tasks to help the company with its overall success. I learned how to fit the needs of any guest with their exact needs for any given occasion. Francescas is a boutique style chain, we were encouraged to dress well and share our knowledge of current trends with customers.
Cute Boutique
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 12, 2019
Coworkers were great.
Fun picking outfits for display.
Slow paced.
Management had favorites.
Decent discount.
Expensive accessories.
Causal dress code.
Pros
Decent discount.
Cons
Management had favorites.
i loved working here
SalesLead (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 12, 2019
working in francesca's is a vibe you wont find anywhere else. its like a sisterhoodwhen meeting some of the girls. yes there are a few that dont deserve the job but hey who am i to judge.
Pros
Cons
rude customers, low pay
Collaborative and Team Oriented Culture
Ecommerce Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my job was being given autonomy to own and develop the e-commerce business for my category and presenting my assortments directly to the Senior Buyer and Chief Merchandising Officer for chase buys and monthly assortments. I also enjoyed the collaboration with marketing on driving website merchandising and product selections for all messaging (social, email, homepage, etc).
Safety in the workplace
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 11, 2019
There was a recent change across the board for 1 closer at night. I appreciate a company who cares about my safety instead of saving money for them. We as employees keep francescas running. So this change has changed my all around thought of the company.
Pros
Cons
Working 1 coverage at night
The PROMISE will PROMISE to scare guests away
Boutique Leader (Current Employee) –  US of AMarch 9, 2019
Company is going through massive changes, they have made it mandatory for all boutiques to have 1-2-1 coverage during the week, meaning that you’re alone for 4-5 hours at a time. This is fine during the day, but scary at night, especially in an outdoor shopping center like mine is. Stylists are only receiving 3-4 hours a week if they are lucky. Massive layoffs just happened at the corporate and district manager levels. Store managers are being told to “lead everything positively” to prevent their team members from realizing how bad the state of the company is. Upper managers have unrealistic goals and don’t provide the training or tools to help the stores. There is essentially 0 training for new store managers on anything other than memorizing THE PROMISE. You are plopped in a Boutique and left to figure it out on your own, and if you make a mistake, you are threatened with termination and written up. The “promise” sales model does nothing but drive guests away and make them uncomfortable. The days are long, with store managers required to work 42-45 hours a week but are “salaried” and get paid for 40. (There is a pending lawsuit about this). The product is junk, and the exact same items can be found at Marshall’s for 1/2 the price. The company places no value on people with analytical business minded thought processes who drive consistent results and only cares about memorizing the promise and who can fake-compliment the guests the most in the loudest, most obnoxious voice. 10 out of 10 don’t recommend.
Pros
Discounts on Volcano candles
Cons
Literally everything else
Wasn’t what I had expected.
Other (Former Employee) –  Hampton Bays, NYMarch 6, 2019
Unfortunately I was promised many more opportunities within this job than I was given. I wasn’t informed on new work hours, new opening hours, or sometimes my days working vs. off days. They were not only difficult to communicate with in person or through telephone, but they were very disrespectful when doing so. They had told me they wanted things done a certain way and promised they wouldn’t take shortcuts, which is what got me excited, but once I took the job things were a 180. They were looking for a quicker way to make their money and were willing to cut workers, employees hours, and even asking to cut employees current pay. They were never satisfied with what they had, and with customers asking for new exciting products they still didn’t want to change their views. It had a lot of potential, but they were too focused on what they had initially thought than to focus on what could be.
Pros
Gained experience, learned from their mistakes.
Cons
Hard people to work with and work for.
Was a great place to work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2019
Initially this was a great place to work, but executive mismanagement of the company has driven it into the ground. Salaries are also not comparable to the going market.
Francesca's is overall good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 2, 2019
The company is going through a lot of changes right now, all good changes. Overall it is a wonderful place to work. Pay isn't the best, but the work environment makes it doable. I will be staying with the company if they will relocate me to Texas.
Easy job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 28, 2019
I was a stylist at Francesca’s at the Tanger Outlets. The girls who work there are amazing! Everyone is always nice and happy! Loved it there for a part time extra cash job!
Pros
Worked around my full time job
Cons
Not many hours available
Fun Place to Work, energetic environment, team oriented
Boutique Team Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 27, 2019
Guest experience is always #1 priority, fun getting new shipments in, balance is enforced for guests vs tasking, management is encouraging of internal promotions, team environment is fun to work in,
Great culture, low pay
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2019
Fun atmosphere, good upper management. Strong focus on the customer and a great selling model. Hard at times to get a team to follow a complex selling model as well as difficult to keep team members due to low pay scale.
Great place to work; High Guest Experience expectations
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 24, 2019
Strong communication is very important, but the constant feedback expectation can feel defeating for stylists who are struggling. Hours are sparse, but being a part of a strong team that cares makes a huge difference. The francesca's promise is a great tool for guest experience, but it isn't without its flaws. Not all guests respond to it well and it can sometimes feel counter-intuitive when the point of the Promise is to connect to the guest, yet having to hit on specific points and questions can make it seem too scripted.
Pros
Work/Life balance is incredible. Francesca's cares about its employees.
Cons
Very little payroll for part-time employees.
Competitive and energetic work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 22, 2019
It is a fun place to be, the coworkers are nice and helpful. It is a very team oriented business pressuring coworkers to build relationship and work together to build sales and clientele.
Pros
Build friend ships and employee discount
Cons
No benefits
Nothing special, but not the worst
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 21, 2019
Very controlling environment, not a lot of creativity.
would’ve stayed longer if I wasn’t always traveling to other stores instead of working at my own, employee retention is really bad.
Great culture, no job security.
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Francesca's home office has a great workplace culture and people are very friendly and fun to work with. The dress code is casual and relaxed. However, company is not financially stable, therefore there is low job security.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCFebruary 19, 2019
The workplace environment is lively and fun. The people that work here are charismatic about their jobs and always pay attention to detail. They always put the customer first

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Francesca's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight