Francesca's Employee Reviews

Worst place ive ever worked
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 19, 2018
Really pushy on Francescas promise! Scared a lot of people away! Very scripted n repetative. Same script when guest entered store, script for when she enters fitting room, script for when they're at the register and leave. Also pushy on getting emails and phone number from guests! Would get into trouble if your quota was low. Also very expensive when the quality of everything is very cheap. Jewelry turns your skin green in less than week. Clothes shrink when you wash and tears right away. When we would unload shipment clothes would come damaged and jewelry would break or customer would bring back next day cause it either tore or broke. Management was horrible. Hours were horrible. Girls weren't scheduled for months! No benefits! only for Boutique managers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits, hours, or breaks! script, management
Good for a starter career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 26, 2018
Management is great, hours suck. It is long hours and pay is too low for what is expected. My BTL and DTL really helped me with customer service skills and how to run a store. If you are looking for a starter job and quick move up this is a great choice, but I do not recommend if you are wanting a career.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, low pay
If you like to be told what to say and do - work here
DISTRICT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 1, 2018
Every guest is unique - but Francesca's wants you to say the same thing to every guest, in the right order, with the right words. If you just want to follow direction and not think for yourself, work here.

My visits with my team were great, but when my boss came to town everyone was scared they would get a visit. Teams SHOULD be excited when executives come to town, but they are not. One leader told me after a regional visit "she made me feel like I couldn't do my job". Another asked me "will I get fired because I felt like I did everything wrong". I spend weeks after regional visits undoing the damage that was done when she was in town. On some visits you may spend 15 minutes talking about if a necklace is right for that dress or not. So you eventually would just passively align to have the conversation end. Visuals and styling are unique. They hired talented people with skill, then disagree with how they do things visually even though there is little visual direction. "Right" is what the RD thinks is right, and its written down no where.

The turn over at the boutique level is out of control!!!! Sales Leads make slightly more than team members and leave as soon as they figure out they can make lots more other places. If you like retail, there are many better options with much better pay and benefits out there.
Needs more focus on the customer and their employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Oddly, very big focus on the steps of their Promise. Also, big focus on "Fran" verbiage, felt like sortie. Very micro manage culture. Lack of a genuine conversation with their customer or "guest". Need to have a bigger focus on helping the customer. The coaching sessions are not genuine and very repetitive. Their coaching style is very belittling as well. Also no team building or teamwork. If you tried to ask for help you would be told to find the answer in Fran U and hang up.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Upper management, pay, culture
Horrible upper management and work/life balance
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2018
No communication with upper management with serious HR issues even after several attempts. No onboarding or training given before starting at your location. No one in upper management seems to know what is happening in their district and/or region. Horrible work/life balance, Consistently working 50-60+ hour work weeks with no days off. Since the SMs are salary they're expected to work 24/7 as needed. They do not promote from within either. Consistently high turnover resulting in under appreciated and under utilizing good employees and hiring management with little to no relevant work experience from outside the company.
Pros
Boutique staff
Cons
training, hours, pay, management
Great work environment and company!
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 21, 2018
I've been with Francesca's for years and have worked at multiple stores within the company. The management is very good with vacation time and ensuring that you have a regular schedule if needed. They are also great with class schedules if you are still in school. The staff is typically a great team and is very centered around teamwork. Highly recommend if you are looking for an upbeat retail job.
Pros
Promotion within company, ability to transfer to other locations, opportunity for raise, fun environment
save your time and your sanity, do NOT work here
stylist (Former Employee) –  GANovember 4, 2018
There is something seriously wrong with this company. I worked there for only a year under six different managers, and all but one were completely psycho. Francesca's is centered around the "Promise", the customer service script which is beyond fake and annoying and would either scare customers away or frustrate them. I once had a customer rudely tell me to leave her alone, one manager heard this and still forced me to follow her around. No one who works here knows how to back off when they need to back off. Also, this company is very cheap. They pay you so little but expect so much out of you. Managers are told to purposefully score their employees low on their evaluations, because the company doesn't want to give anyone a raise. Usually when people figure out that literally anywhere else will pay them more, they leave. Corporate is also incredibly messed up; the people who run this company are insane. I only stayed because I liked my coworkers and did not have enough time to go anywhere else, but this place seriously makes you want to pull your hair out and fight literally everyone. There are very few people I've met that worked there that weren't pathological liars. There's a lot of sketchy activities here that I have my own conspiracies about, but overall I 100% do not recommend working here and will never step into a Francesca's ever again.
I think my location was just terrible.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
There was quite a bit of favoritism at the location that I was assigned to. There was also a lot of fake praise and the boutique leader was a gossip queen and tried to turn employees against one another for his own entertainment. He also (along with the asst. boutique leader) did very little work and blamed team members for not making daily sales goals.
Sweet Company Low Level “Leaders” With Way Too Much Power And Time On Their Hands
District Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 22, 2018
Francesca’s prides itself on putting people first, learn/grow/win together. If you want to work with alot of low level thinkers who are puppets to the executive leadership team and get paid near NOTHING to do so, then this is the perfect job for you!
Francesca’s is the biggest turnover factory I’ve ever worked for (at every level) and the “people first” mentality is a joke! Everyone is dispensable and treated as such. There are much more sophisticated retailers out there to work for! Run for the hills!
Pros
Great discount if you’re ok with “throw away” clothing.
Cons
You absolutely cannot have an opinion in this companyYou will be frowned upon, Selling model is ridiculous, expectations super high for little to no pay!
Hard selling culture with no commission
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2018
This company is great for upper management, but for lower positions, it's frankly a lot of work with no great payoff. The selling culture is spectacular. They give you all the right tools you need to succeed. The issue is that everyone is held to these crazy standards of selling with no commission for employees. The upper management however is better compensated with higher pay and bonuses for reaching monthly sales goals. There are also small retreats/conferences that are fun to attend but only for upper management once again.

The hardest part of the job for upper management is convincing lower positions to stay with the company for no real merit other than a "good job" at the of the day and small chance to move up with the company.This makes for high turnover and management having to work long hours or during their days off because of frequent call-outs, etc.
Fun place to work
BOUTIQUE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHJuly 18, 2018
Not a career, but a good place to work. Can be stressful due to the high turnover of retail but overall not a stressful culture/environment. Not a lot of opportunity to advance past management.
Stressful and overall fake environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  MDOctober 20, 2018
I originally got this job just to have some money during college. It seemed like a great job for the first few weeks! The district manager is absolutely horrible though. Also, I would always get told that I couldn’t wear flats with a certain shirt, etc. even though no where in the dress code it said that. It seemed like every week there was a new rule that no one decided to tell us before. The promise sucks too, and they expect you to say it to every single person. The management is very patronizing as well, and for every shift they basically describe to you your entire job role all over again. Overall, a very fake environment with cheap and over priced clothes!!
Pros
The discount
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
Can be fun, but tough
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  anonymousSeptember 1, 2018
Management is very pushy on stylists when it comes to guests. Felt more like pestering. Had to add on like crazy to get guest to purchase 3+ items. Did meet a lot of great customers from various countries! I loved the other sales leads as well. Was part time working right under full time hours.
Pros
Met awesome people
Cons
No work/life balance
Great product, but that's it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 9, 2018
Employees are alone a lot of the time, which is fine. However, they don't adhere to return policies, and make "exceptions" for everyone. So why have a policy then? Customer complaints are taken so seriously, the employee doesn't get to tell their side of the story and is immediately fired - thank goodness the US gov't doesn't work like this! Strict dress code and employees are very "cliquey".
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Employees tend to be bullying against another employee that's different, Only certain people listened to.
Could be fun workplace, very back-handed
Manager (Former Employee) –  SouthwestApril 10, 2018
Great time in the store, good benefits it all began wonderful. Over time I saw no backbone to be there when you need it. The mandatory training is great but not all managers receive this training so there’s a chance you’ll get thrown to the wolves. Management is not reliable as an overall team, as in it’s you against most other stores, aside from few. The benefits are great but there is a lack of trust and transparency.
Pros
Benefits, associates
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, no support
Francesca's
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 2, 2018
It was a great place to work until we got a new manager. This manager was difficult to work with and had a lot of favorites. It was very apparent when they wanted someone to quit because they would give them like no hours. Also never listened to the team or collaborated. Unless someone was in a "management" position, your voice was never heard. It was a lot of fakeness and pretending to get along. A lot of people were also hired due to their looks, never on their talent. It was extremely frustrating. People were also never promoted, it was so discouraging seeing a higher position be given to someone just because they were "pretty" on the exterior.
Pros
good discount, team competitions within district for prizes
Always excelling
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 6, 2018
The one thing I love about working at Francesca's is being able to excel. Its very rewarding going into a job and always knowing that you are working towards that next step. They build everyone up to succeed. They start you off at a lower position and train you for the higher position so that when the time comes you are ready, and then the process repeats until you get to the point that you wanted to end up. You learn the importance of communication and you learn to really love your team. Working with Francesca's has taught me a lot about working, and myself.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no other benefits
Under appreciated......
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 6, 2018
This company was a joke from day one. We went through three district managers. Never could keep a staff at any location. The Fran promise was a total joke. Little pay for a lot of work. A great team, however, the sales plan was way too high even for the area I was in. There is no room for growth and you do not feel appreciated, EVER! Reward and direct you hear every day but there was ZERO rewarding. The RD has no clue as to what goes on at store level and the DM’s can’t sleep, breathe, sneeze for themselves. Overall, very stressful environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Upper management, pay, coverage for store, “Fran” promise
Management is horrible and do not care about their employees.
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 29, 2018
Turn over rate is insane due to everyone leaving because of employee treatment by managers. Employees are overworked and managers are degrading to their employees. Overworked is an understatement. I love to work and I love getting hours, but when a part time worker (30 hours or less) is working 40+ hours, working back to back doubles, that is unacceptable and extremely hard on one’s mental and physical health.
Cons
Overworked. No job work/life balance.
Great team involvement.
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 15, 2018
It was a fun upbeat environment that had good structure. The other management staff at different locations were even helpful. The business had a competitive edge to have to highest UPTS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Francesca's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight