Francesca's Employee Reviews

Poor Direction
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Company is young and energetic but lacks support of systems to keep up with the younger customer. Management needs to trust their people more. Senior Management needs to be more engaged with the customer and not try to make the customer something it is not.
Pros
Great people
Fun and multi tasking
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
The employees were fun to work with and the managers were nice. You have to be good at multitasking and you hav etc be willing to take on tasks right away.
Interesting to work there
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 8, 2018
Fun place to work, nice people to work with! Great discount! Cute clothes and fun environment to work in. Very high speed traffic. As a key holder it was stressful if you didn't make what the sales plan was for that day. I feel like I gave a lot to the company and didn't get paid enough or recognized for the work I did. The promise is something francesca's runs by. It's a good idea but doesn't work all the time, sometimes it was really pushed on associates to use and talk customers into buying something and if the customer didn't buy enough items, it would look like we weren't doing our job.
Pros
10 minute breaks(paid), Discount
Cons
30 minute breaks(not paid), The Promise
False advertisement
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
The workload is extremely stressful and you're given unrealistic deadlines. You end up doing stuff out of your job description. I don't feel valued here whatsoever.
Pros
Experience in the fashion industry
Cons
Stressful environment
Hard Work life balance
Boutique Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 6, 2018
My desire to move into a different role is due to not having a work life balance. I have enjoyed certain parts of my job and will miss things about it
I think my location was just terrible.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
There was quite a bit of favoritism at the location that I was assigned to. There was also a lot of fake praise and the boutique leader was a gossip queen and tried to turn employees against one another for his own entertainment. He also (along with the asst. boutique leader) did very little work and blamed team members for not making daily sales goals.
Francesca's
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 2, 2018
It was a great place to work until we got a new manager. This manager was difficult to work with and had a lot of favorites. It was very apparent when they wanted someone to quit because they would give them like no hours. Also never listened to the team or collaborated. Unless someone was in a "management" position, your voice was never heard. It was a lot of fakeness and pretending to get along. A lot of people were also hired due to their looks, never on their talent. It was extremely frustrating. People were also never promoted, it was so discouraging seeing a higher position be given to someone just because they were "pretty" on the exterior.
Pros
good discount, team competitions within district for prizes
good food
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampton Bays, NYOctober 1, 2018
delivered food for a while then i just didnt want to do it anymore. staff is friendly and food is amazing .....................................................
Good for a starter career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 26, 2018
Management is great, hours suck. It is long hours and pay is too low for what is expected. My BTL and DTL really helped me with customer service skills and how to run a store. If you are looking for a starter job and quick move up this is a great choice, but I do not recommend if you are wanting a career.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, low pay
Fun job!
Part-time Boutique Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Francesca's was a part time job but I absolutely loved it. It was a fun and "carefree" environment, while still getting everything done. Unfortunately I had to leave because I already had a full time job and it was getting a little difficult.
It was a good job for college
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 25, 2018
good job throughout college, pays okay for someone who is just trying to pay bills. have to talk to customers consistently and hard to get time off. overall not bad
Room for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Advancement is used as motivation, and is highly encouraged on the daily. The only downside - which is for retail in general, not specific to Fran's - is long shifts and always have to work holidays/weekends.
Needs more focus on the customer and their employees
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Oddly, very big focus on the steps of their Promise. Also, big focus on "Fran" verbiage, felt like sortie. Very micro manage culture. Lack of a genuine conversation with their customer or "guest". Need to have a bigger focus on helping the customer. The coaching sessions are not genuine and very repetitive. Their coaching style is very belittling as well. Also no team building or teamwork. If you tried to ask for help you would be told to find the answer in Fran U and hang up.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Upper management, pay, culture
really cute but over priced
Boutique Stylist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 16, 2018
Francesca's is definitely a boutique, complete with boutique pricing. It was a fun company to work with but there was not a whole lot of schedule flexibility.
It is a fun and upbeat work environment!
Sales Lead (sales floor leader) (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 16, 2018
Working at Francesca's is great! It is great if you are looking for a stepping stool or if you are trying to grow in the company. The company is great and very versatile for all ages. it is always fun to be on the sales floor interacting with customers.
Great team involvement.
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 15, 2018
It was a fun upbeat environment that had good structure. The other management staff at different locations were even helpful. The business had a competitive edge to have to highest UPTS.
Fun at first
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 11, 2018
fun at first but then became stressful and poor management i enjoyed it and first but the management is not good the district manager is a racist and the boutique team leader was judgemental
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Loved the company and what it stands for.
Retail Stylist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 8, 2018
I loved my job and the time working for the company. I did everything in my power to make sure my behaviors reflected the image of the company. Management was however no where near what the company stands for and as a result that is why I left.
Pros
Discounts, great environment, social interactions, working on social skills
Cons
management
Productive but problems here and there
Stylist francesca's (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2018
I liked it at first, but after a while there was drama and problems that was annoying. I didn't get paid very much & I never got a good amount of hours.
Pros
Some people
Cons
pay
Fun workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed getting to talk to the customers and help them find items that they would fall in love with. I also made some great friends with my co-workers.
Pros
learned better people skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Francesca's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight