Francesca's Employee Reviews

Great job!
Sales Management / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2018
I learned a variety of management skills in a fast paced environment. Customer interaction and satisfaction is a must in this workforce. Great way to gain communication skills all while promoting sales.
Misdirection and Lack of Communication
Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2018
I took a gap semester when I applied for this job. The lady that hired me got fired 2 days later and I wasn't fully trained. I didn't know how to work the cash register and the new manager chewed me out in front of customers. I enjoyed the customer base but my fellow employees were a different story. I see that their frustration came from a lot of misguidance from the corporate level. It also seemed that they required us to do so much for the little amount of money they paid us. It has been 4 years since my employment and I returned and they had all new staff which I think is a step in the right direction.
Pros
Fun, upbeat clientele
Cons
short breaks, difficult working enviornment
Fran
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Fran was my first retail job and at the time I was a student so it was very manageable because they accommodate to your school schedule. Everyone is great and the company's visions do work well with business.
Horrible managment
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 8, 2018
During my time at francescas, i was constantly treated poorly by management and corporate and there were never and opportunities to grow within the boutique
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2018
I loved the Boutique environment. They do not overload you with work. You can really spend your time with the customer. Not like big box retail. It is a very intimate shopping experience for the customer.
Great coworkers but a terrible work environment.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 6, 2018
What I learned from this job was that this company (at least my region) is more driven by money than making guests happy. I say this because the employees are forced to engage with every guest by getting their name, a few facts about them, as well as why they came into the store. Now that doesn’t sound too bad except if you didn’t get their name you got talked to by leadership, if you didn’t get what occasion they were shopping for, you got talked to, incidents like this just made it an uncomfortable work environment. I did however have a great connection with all my coworkers and my manager gave me some of the greatest life advice. I would recommend people to work with whom I worked with, but everything else as of now, wasn’t the best.
Difficult to work with management and employees.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Management was awful and difficult to be flexible with. Employees were extremely petty and gossiped a lot. Management would rather hire new people than support those currently employed.
Pros
Somewhat reasonable discount.
Cons
Rare breaks, gossip, terrible management.
ok job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 28, 2018
Had trouble receiving my pay. Three pay periods passed and it took 3-4 days after the assigned pay day for me to get paid each time. They were over all nice people just too much of a issue with pay.
Great Experience
Boutique Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 28, 2018
Francesca's is a great job if you are just starting out and want to work somewhere cute and fun! It was always a good experience for me. Highly recommend it!
part time job
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working here, i worked here during college and the manager at the time was very nice and flexible with my class schedule. employees do get discount so i feel like i was always broke because of wanting to buy stuff all the time
Good Working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE/RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 25, 2018
Typical day would usually involve a short busy times and the rest was keeping the store looking nice and neat. I learned how to communicate with the employees and also customers. It helped me branch out and become more sociable with others
Productive and Strong Work Environment.
Forklift Operator/General Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
Francesca's warehouse was a fast paced educational experience. A typical work day consisted of stocking, loading, and inventorying incoming and outgoing orders. The hardest part of the job was was when we received orders from china that we had to unload piece by piece. The most enjoyable part was accomplishing goals that were not suppose to be accomplish-able.
Pros
Open Kitchen Area with plenty of purks
Cons
Warehouse connected to corporate department
Fast paced Retail
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 22, 2018
Francesca's was a fun fast paced environment. The staff was very nice and so were our customers. Beautiful boutique setting with lots of interesting and unique products.
No clear tutoring or direction with unrealistic expectations
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 21, 2018
Since 2015, I have had 5 different managers. Ever since I was promoted to assistant manager, I have not had any manager at all. I was given the interim manager status until could of weeks ago.

I had to learn all managerial duties all by my self since then. We have also had two or perhaps three different district manager in past two years. Only myself and one other key-holder/sales associate have been in-place since 2015.

Work culture is such that it is very uncomfortable and there are no recognition in any shape or form.
Pros
Meeting new people and customers
Cons
work-hours are given as-needed and no recognition
All female staffs are a challenge
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2018
I loved the store itself and the products we sold, but working with all females can be challenging at times. My manager would pin us all against each other so it made work horrible.
relaxed; involves a lot of customer service
Boutique Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 19, 2018
I worked here in high school and it was perfect for the hours I needed. My manager at the time was good and the environment was slow and relaxed. There was a lot of customer service involved such as helping people pick out what they wanted and welcoming people into the store. My only complaint is that I had to sell people low quality clothes and jewelry and that made me feel uncomfortable.
Pros
relaxed, slow
Cons
boring at times
Great
Prompted to Key Holder and sales floor leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2018
One of the best jobs I ever had. My staff was amazing, my guest was amazing. I was happy when entering the store. Fashion and great customer service goes hand in hand.
Pros
Attire
Cons
Wonderful Environment & company message!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 16, 2018
I genuinely enjoyed my time with Francesca's, it was one of the best environments I've ever worked in. i spent some time going store to store in the district helping train new hires, and i think The management could have been better, some managers were all over the place while others were actual leaders who followed the rules and company standards. i feel like they needed to invest more time in regular district manager visits to make sure the managers were actually to company standard & not just making their assistant managers or keys do all their work.
Pros
great resources for development, empowering and respectful environment
Cons
Short breaks, management depending on store unreliable, IT can be a hassle to contact sometimes
Worst retail working experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 15, 2018
awful
poor management and training
Doesn't Recommend
I worked at Francesca's part-time
Literally the only good thing about this job was the employee discount.
Store manager didn't take other managers seriously, employees could get away with commenting negatively on customers' appearances, job was an overall joke
Pluses and minuses.
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2018
Most enjoyable working with people, both team & guests. Great (& fun) training available from online, role playing, & workbooks. Visual Inspire guides from home office are well directed and rewarding to complete, very satisfying, but minimal hours given to complete during non-open hours.
Hardest part/least enjoyable are the quantity of hours worked. No work/life balance for non-exempt managers.
Pay scale for associates is lowest among all the stores at most malls. Takes an excessive ammount of time networking & recruiting, but great teams can be built. Most associates (stylists) and key holders (sales leads) are students, so heavy turnover when new semester begins. Payroll hours allowed each week very minimal. Company cut minimum shift hours down from 3 to 2. Associates often frustrated with 1 shift a week. The training workbooks are over the top being 65-85 pages, and due to the turnover are rarely completed.
Very scripted customer service platform, highly criticized if any team members stray from script.