Franciscan Children's Employee Reviews

Hard place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAOctober 5, 2018
I never felt supported and was honestly happy to leave. The fact that there is constantly a job posting for needing a nurse speaks for itself. The most senior staff nurses on the floor as baby nurses themselves, I was hard pressed to find someone who had been there at least 3 years, let alone 5.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Management, lack of respect
Teamwork at its best...but terrible management!
RN (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJuly 20, 2018
When caring for some of the sickest kids who have little to no family support (there were exceptions, of course!), you need to work well with others. Nurses and nursing assistants supported each other and kept each other sane. I learned a ton while there (trach care, vents, G-Tubes, wound care, diabetic care, seizure management), which helped I future roles. But the pay was poor and management didn’t care about nursing. We were often forced to take too many patients and were never backed up when mistreated by patients or families. Tough shifts with too many possibilities for med errors or missed care. Lasted one year and left.
Pros
Free on-site parking, close-knit nursing team
Cons
Poor pay, no support from management, tough cases
hardest job I've had
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 29, 2018
I learned so much about how large hospitals and systems are challenging to manage effectively. This work was emotionally and physically draining. I did receive a lot of support from co-workers, who made the job worth it at the time, and difficult to leave. In my 2+ years working here, I did not receive regular support from management or clinical team, and had supervision no more than 4 times. The hardest part of the job was when staff and clinicians would become burnt out on a particular child and essentially give up hope they would get better.
Pros
amazing staff (for the most part)
Cons
poor wage, fast turn around, lack of support for staff
Fun people, good coworkers
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MASeptember 11, 2017
I appreciated the friendships and knowledge that coworkers were able to provide to each other. The hardest part about the job was remembering to take care of yourself in a stressful position.
Difficult place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 24, 2017
Not a very friendly environment. Many of the RNs, and PCP were condescending and unwelcoming. This was a place that did not have much diversity staff-wise. The pay was also below average.
Pros
Great patients and families.
Cons
unfriendly staff, low pay, RNs not encouraged to leave floor for breaks
Everyone here is very nice and helpful.
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAMay 25, 2017
I really like working here thus far. I like that I have some liberty to interact with patients and employees here. I've learned a lot in terms of switchboard. and the different departments and their functions.
Pros
some liberty
Cons
short breaks
Great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MADecember 29, 2016
Great environment
A lot of life lessons
Great kids
feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
learn a lot about hospital jobs
made a difference in kids lives
overall
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 23, 2016
overall as a RN enjoyed the people i worked directly with in milieu but poor scheduling and little room for advancement as RN. Excellent place for first job and learned alot in different skills such as crisis management, charge nurse role, med nurse, and doing psych admissions. Is a place that is growing and changing in a positive way.
Pros
co-workers, kids
Cons
salary, schedule
Rewarding and fun work place
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAJuly 12, 2016
Challenging and rewarding place to work. I learned a lot about mental illness and behavioral challenges found in children. The hardest part of the job is remember that many of the kids have trauma histories and significant patience and persistence is needed when de-escalating a child in crisis.