Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible company
Driver/ technician (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYJuly 15, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there or even receive equipment from them. They over work the good workers and treat them terribly. Management will tell you that you are replaceable and they do not care about how you feel.
Might be a good job if you're in nursing school
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJune 28, 2018
They expected way too much out of CNAs. Answer lights, give direct care, vitals, blood sugar, bladder scans, EKGs, cpr. Always short staffed because they don't mandate. Expect to be the only aide for 30 or more patients on night shift. No real breaks even for 12 hour shifts. I hated it there only lasted a month and got a better job. Pay was okay and insurance was affordable.
Pros
Ok pay, affordable insurance
Cons
Short staffed, expected to do too much
Unorganized
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 26, 2018
They ask for too much in too little time with no help at all. The administration has never stepped foot on the floor with residents but will be the first to tell you how to do your job. They do not appreciate the staff here. They will overwork you and leave you short staffed. They don’t offer enough in services here so you will have to pay for more lessons online. Horrible staff, of course I loved the residents. But had to leave this toxic environment.
Pros
No pro
Cons
You’ll never get your full breaks
Fun group and lot of fun patients
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone it was a pleasure to have had the chance to work with the whole staff at the office's that I worked at. I'm missing everyone right now.
Pros
Everyone got along
Cons
Showing us more with differant medicaid ins
Can be a challenge
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 22, 2018
I have only been at this company for a short time. The staff get along good and communicate well with one another. Challenging situations due come up and the staff works hard to make the situation better. We work together as a team and look out for one another
Doesn't live their mission
HRIS Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Doesn't live their mission
Stodgy Corporate Culture
Most difficult part of the job here is the inability for Senior Leadership to embrace and steer needed changes
Don’t work here if you’re not a doctor.
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 15, 2018
Claims to be a “ministry” yet the people at the top are all about the money and don’t care about the employees doing all the hard work. Unorganized management. Nothing is ever constant.
Poor place to work
Collection Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 15, 2018
I would not recommend working @ Franciscan Health in the billing center. Management is very poor and if you get on the bad side of manager or supervisor. You will never a change for advancement. The pay is low and below average
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
franciscan was a very productive workplace
Ambulatory Billing Office - Externship (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Franciscan Alliance, I also enjoyed helping patients with issues they may have had with their bills and talking with insurance carriers to resolve issues with patients bills. At the end of the day you feel good knowing you have helped someone
Pros
Excellent place to work room for advancement
Cons
I really did not come across any cons
it was positive and fun place to work. i really enjoyed interacting with the residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJune 11, 2018
I learned that no matterhow prepared i may be a resident may want something that wasnt orderd it is my responsibility to ensure said resident gets what he or she has requested
Wonderful colleagues to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 8, 2018
Although work gets hard and tough , we have nice group of people who assist us.Franciscan mission followed and carried throughout the facility.We have diverse group of staff, which makes it interesting.
its a great place to work overall
Magnetic Resonance Imaging student (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 5, 2018
typical day is productive the management team was awesome. I never had any problems didn't want to leave I just need a position in my field that's not available
It's great just don't get pregnant working part time.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 3, 2018
It's fine. Some co-workers are lazy so if you actually do your job and work hard like I did and do you'll be answering your light theirs and more. Also I was pregnant and had to quit because they wouldn't lower my hours or at least let me leave UNPAID.
worked from home
CDS/DRG update Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INMay 30, 2018
I worked from home remotely so everything was at my pace and when we had meeting or collaberated it was webinars or phone meetings that were scheduled.
Family
Patient Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2018
I enjoy the family oriented environment I work in. I work with a lot of dedicated, fun loving people who are always willing to help out. The down side is not having enough staff to cover the areas that we work, creating a stressful environment at times. I'm supposed to be trained for another position five months ago but have never gotten the training necessary.
Rewarding and Challenging area of quality care
Registered Nurse/Resource Pool (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILMay 17, 2018
Critical care is a collaborative area to work in. On a daily basis critical thinking is a must. I have learned time management, prioritizing, and increased my skills of communication with the care team related to the complexity of patients.It is a diverse workplace that encourages team nursing approach in a productive environment. The hardest part of the job is loosing a patient. the most enjoyable part of my job is that I utilize my compassionate care to make a difference with these patients.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Limited resources of staff
Productive learning environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INMay 11, 2018
good teaching environment, well-rounded program, taught all aspects of the phlebotomy field. Helpful, courteous staff and beautiful hospital setting. Enjoyed my experience
Love my job
Revenue Cycle System Analyst Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMay 10, 2018
I have the opportunity to work with lots of great people and design solutions across the revenue cycle. Each day offers new challenges, so I never get bored.
Pros
Great Variety
Cons
Located in Indiana
They don’t follow their own set standards
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 9, 2018
The upper management were lazy. They put people in positions that didn’t deserve them nor could they do the jobs. The supervisor over communications had no formal training for the position. The upper management did not bother holding interviews for the open spot. As far as hiring from within goes, they didn’t post open spots so that everyone had a chance to apply. The supervisors were allowed to just slide people around when openings came open. I call that unfair practices. They have extremely high standards, but do not follow them. They use out dated equipment and lacked equipment that was needed to save money and the physicians complained about it. They cut corners as much as they possibly could which put the patients and staff both at risk and inconvenienced. ER is a joke. You’re treatment in ER is to get you out as fast as they can and they cut corners on care.
Pros
Most of the nurses there were very hard working.
Cons
Below standard care and services. Billing issues go unresolved.
Difficult work with little support
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INMay 7, 2018
Management is reactionary not supportive. Seniority is unimportant, employees feel disregarded. Management has no idea how to do the tasks they expect of others
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of support