Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Not what I expected
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INJuly 31, 2018
You are either a low paid hourly employee or highly paid manager/doc. There isn’t much in between. Not much room for advancement. I was bored out of my mind on a daily basis and consistently asked for more work, but wasn’t given any. They are not up to date with the latest technology. The docs treat you like you are dumb if you aren’t a doctor. Their PTO is not terrible, but there is no wiggle room for taking any other time off. You can’t be late by even a minute without it counting against you.
Pros
Work life balance- no more than 40 hours a week
Cons
Pay, management, no advancement
A Good Day At Work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILJuly 30, 2018
When the nurses or the visitng families arent being rude it makes your day pretty easy. They enviornment is very welcoming and it makes you look foward to work some days
Pros
Get To Taste Food
Cons
Overly Worked
Well intentioned
Epic OpTime/Anesthesia Clinical analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2018
While Franciscan Alliance is well-intentioned, they do not have enough forward movement and momentum to take their organization to the place they need to be from an information technology standpoint.

The culture does not push people to succeed, for lack of reward. There are no merit increases, there is no hope of significant raises, and the only way to really advanced is to change roles or positions to an outside organization.
Productive and welcoming environment
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 30, 2018
This hospital is a great place to work! It’s a smaller hospital but they really do a great job of staying up to date with technology and modern practice. The pay is competitive and the work is fair. Most of management seems to keep a positive outlook in times of adversity which is something to speak for.
FPN is not the same as Franciscan Alliance
Franciscan Physician Network (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2018
FPN is the outpatient umbrella for employment for Franciscan Alliance. The treatment of hospital employees and outpatient employees is not fair/equal.
I enjoted working at Franciscan Health. Involved in a number of changes over the years.
Director, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 19, 2018
I learned a lot during my years of service. This could be a great place to work if someone finally made some decisions and required the staff to follow the rules and policies.
Review of a day as Patient Account Representative.
Patient Account Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN 46360July 19, 2018
First order of the day was to check my voice mails and e-mails. There I had the latest news concerning our patients and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was always remain calm when dealing with an irate patient. If they would get too bad you could always call the supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make payment arrangements that would work for both them and HealthPartners.
Pros
Good coworkers and supervisor
Cons
The patients that refused to listen.
Terrible company
Driver/ technician (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYJuly 15, 2018
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there or even receive equipment from them. They over work the good workers and treat them terribly. Management will tell you that you are replaceable and they do not care about how you feel.
Nice place to work, a lot changed currrntly happening
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILJuly 7, 2018
Nice place to work, but currently there is a lot of changes going on. A lot of changes by people who don’t have any idea about the departments where a lot changes are happening.
Cons
Cutting major work hours
Might be a good job if you're in nursing school
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJune 28, 2018
They expected way too much out of CNAs. Answer lights, give direct care, vitals, blood sugar, bladder scans, EKGs, cpr. Always short staffed because they don't mandate. Expect to be the only aide for 30 or more patients on night shift. No real breaks even for 12 hour shifts. I hated it there only lasted a month and got a better job. Pay was okay and insurance was affordable.
Pros
Ok pay, affordable insurance
Cons
Short staffed, expected to do too much
Unorganized
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 26, 2018
They ask for too much in too little time with no help at all. The administration has never stepped foot on the floor with residents but will be the first to tell you how to do your job. They do not appreciate the staff here. They will overwork you and leave you short staffed. They don’t offer enough in services here so you will have to pay for more lessons online. Horrible staff, of course I loved the residents. But had to leave this toxic environment.
Pros
No pro
Cons
You’ll never get your full breaks
Fun group and lot of fun patients
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with everyone it was a pleasure to have had the chance to work with the whole staff at the office's that I worked at. I'm missing everyone right now.
Pros
Everyone got along
Cons
Showing us more with differant medicaid ins
Can be a challenge
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 22, 2018
I have only been at this company for a short time. The staff get along good and communicate well with one another. Challenging situations due come up and the staff works hard to make the situation better. We work together as a team and look out for one another
Doesn't live their mission
HRIS Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Doesn't live their mission
Stodgy Corporate Culture
Most difficult part of the job here is the inability for Senior Leadership to embrace and steer needed changes
Don’t work here if you’re not a doctor.
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 15, 2018
Claims to be a “ministry” yet the people at the top are all about the money and don’t care about the employees doing all the hard work. Unorganized management. Nothing is ever constant.
Poor place to work
Collection Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 15, 2018
I would not recommend working @ Franciscan Health in the billing center. Management is very poor and if you get on the bad side of manager or supervisor. You will never a change for advancement. The pay is low and below average
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
no room for advancement
franciscan was a very productive workplace
Ambulatory Billing Office - Externship (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Franciscan Alliance, I also enjoyed helping patients with issues they may have had with their bills and talking with insurance carriers to resolve issues with patients bills. At the end of the day you feel good knowing you have helped someone
Pros
Excellent place to work room for advancement
Cons
I really did not come across any cons
it was positive and fun place to work. i really enjoyed interacting with the residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJune 11, 2018
I learned that no matterhow prepared i may be a resident may want something that wasnt orderd it is my responsibility to ensure said resident gets what he or she has requested
Wonderful colleagues to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 8, 2018
Although work gets hard and tough , we have nice group of people who assist us.Franciscan mission followed and carried throughout the facility.We have diverse group of staff, which makes it interesting.
its a great place to work overall
Magnetic Resonance Imaging student (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 5, 2018
typical day is productive the management team was awesome. I never had any problems didn't want to leave I just need a position in my field that's not available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.