Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

cohesive work environment, good pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 7, 2019
I spent nearly 6 years working for Franciscan, starting in Nursing school and well into my nursing career. my co-workers became family and I enjoyed going to work. many opportunities to advance or change positions, pay is good and competitive, management was fair in ER, great benefits. I was also able to pay off a large amount of my student debt because I went to nursing school through the organization. I would recommend working for this organization.
Pros
good pay, great environment, tuition reimbursement
Cons
short staffed
I enjoyed my time with Franciscan
Echocardiogram Technician (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day was full of patient testing. The hardest part of my job was not getting attached to patients. The most enjoyable part was making a patients day.
Pros
Did not have to take call.
Cons
I was the only echo tech.
Great people to work with
Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 28, 2018
Franciscan Health was by far my favorite place to work. My managers were amazing. They made me look forward to coming to work. If I was not relocating I would not be leaving this company
n/a
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 26, 2018
Franciscan is a church based hospital. they have very good values to follow. you can learn so many new things in the company. no more comments for this.
management issues
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2018
Management definitely showed favortism and was partial to select nurses. Stressful work environment between staff members. Patient population was mostly elderly patients.
Pros
able to take alotted lunch time
Cons
favortism
Excellent staff
Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2018
Excellent staff. Management responsive.
Very busy workdays
Varied patient population
Valuable experience with IV starts and medication
Good good good
Franciscan only cares about their money
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INDecember 15, 2018
If it wasn’t for my awesome manager and coworkers, I would have already left Franciscan. You will never feel appreciated working for them. The pay is ok but not what you deserve. It surely isn’t competitive either. Don’t expect to ever receive a Christmas bonus either! The only gifts you get from them are plastic tumblers or a $5 gift card to Dunkin’ dounts for your birthday, which is taxed on your paycheck. No matter how hard you work and try to do everything right, it’s never good enough for Franciscan. I will continue to keep looking for another company that will appreciate me.
Pros
Manager and coworkers
Cons
Pay, benefits, point system, Hr, Corporate, Pto
I was fired
RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2018
I worked for St Francis over 29 years. Gradually they took away match on our 403b plan, which was very low to start with,cut every benefit to the bone, raised our insurance and made it almost impossible to use our sick time. Then even though I was not on any type of disciplinary track they fired me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Dishonesty
I would not work here
med rec tech (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2018
Very clicky from day one. Other people in the same role always tring to take my day shift hours. Was told that everyone in pharmacy was getting a merit raise. I was told i was as well. Had a 3 day suspension for something that was tottaly un called for. And told i wouldnt be gettibg same raise that the others was getting along with the end of year bonus. A lot of favoritism. And shift lead changing her schdule to show time she would actually come in so doest get a point.
Cons
Managment, pay, clicks. Gossip
A challenging position
Manager, Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2018
I have learned many different management skills while at Franciscan Health and have grown immensely in the last 2.5 years. I am glad that i had a chance to grow.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
understaffed

Want to know more about Franciscan Health?

Ask a question
Prefer not to respond
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2018
I prefer not to answer this. Sorry but I do not trust it remaining anonymous. Spent a lot of years here without any appreciation shown for service....
before you fill out a app.for here read the reviews
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INNovember 18, 2018
before u think about working here mainly crown point read the reviews.A lot of bossy head strong workers.The HR Department has double standards makes the rules as they go.Depends on who they are for.Their employee's messing around with other married employees so much for their Christian values which they throw up to everyone all the time.Upper management needs to look into whats going on down the hall from them.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
enjoyable most of the time.
enviromental services (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INNovember 8, 2018
managements decisions were sometime counterproductive. training was lacking at times. There seemed to be very little emphasis on letting the workers know how great their work habits were.
Pros
reasonable benefits and pay
Cons
excessive rules
Staff and patients are great. Poorly managed from the top.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INNovember 7, 2018
Nurses and doctors are great. Upper management and corporate make decisions without consulting with those that they affect. Patient to nurse ratios could be better.
Greatest pediatrician to work with
Registered medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INNovember 6, 2018
Great Dr's to work with. Employees not willing to stand up to what they have done. HR doesn't care what you say one way or the other. Onsite manager is the most caring and understanding person you could ask for.
Pros
The Dr's I worked for. Great manager
Cons
People not willing to admit what they did and let another employee take the fall for all of it.
collaborative team work in the ER
Social Worker- Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 4, 2018
Worked daily with nursed and physicians in the ER.
Discharge planning to include: provided community resources, nursing home placement DME.
Worked with Adult protective services and child protective services.
Good teamwork
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 30, 2018
Most of my experience at Franciscan Health has been positive. Most nurses are willing to work as a team for the best patient care and experience. On the night shift, the in-house NPs are readily available for questions and orders.
Great Place and People
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 29, 2018
I loved the busy atmosphere and the people that I worked with. The management was sort of slow to handle issues with staff and reviews. There where some problems with work flow and training consistency.
Call Center
Support Service Coordinator II, (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
It is rewarding to help our customers. We provide IT support to all the hospitals and ambulatory sites. The culture is very caring. Overall, I would recommend this company.
Mission driven environment
Manager & General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2018
Franciscan Health follows its mission in the way patients and employees are treated. The Sisters of St. Francis have an obvious presence in the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.