Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Call Center
Support Service Coordinator II, (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
It is rewarding to help our customers. We provide IT support to all the hospitals and ambulatory sites. The culture is very caring. Overall, I would recommend this company.
Mission driven environment
Manager & General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2018
Franciscan Health follows its mission in the way patients and employees are treated. The Sisters of St. Francis have an obvious presence in the organization.
Dont do it
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2018
They underpay you, usually dont even bother to give you an annual review. You might get a 20 cent raise after a year. Once you get to the mid range they won't give you another raise. They gossip behind people's backs, including patients. Very clicky environment, be nice to you so you'll work on your days off and stab you in the back when you're down with you.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Management, gossip, pay
Charitable with great reputation
While acting as front receptionist I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, IN 46143October 2, 2018
Work was fulfilling and competitive, I learned how to be a team player, pay attention to detail and many opportunities were given. I worked many charities and became more rounded as an individual. Management had open door policy and were always willing to listen. There are many types of people and cultures throughout the company. I am a people person who loves to learn about others. The hardest part of the job is seeing that some patients have limitations. The most enjoyable was volunteering at the charities to assist the aid of others.
Work feels heavy
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 25, 2018
When I Started working there, I loved it. The job itself is great. I loved being able to help people. But when it came to management they made you not want to come in thought the doors. You would not know when they would be happy and say hi, or when they would not even want to answer your good mornings.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
management
I hate it here
Evs group leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 20, 2018
The housekeeping department is the worst ever. Horrible management. They don’t care if you have a family or not they expect you to live your life around them. Most of the nurses and doctors act like you are nothing if you work in housekeeping. They don’t appreciate you at all or recognize your hard work. I would not advise anyone to work for this company
Pros
Cons
If you like to work yourself to death then go for it
Typical work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILSeptember 19, 2018
My typical workday starts at 7 pm with Huddle up for patient safety after the hurdle I will resume to the floor for my assigned patients' bedside report. Once receive the report, the next step is to report all the care team reports and the patient's plan of care in order to give my patients the best care according to the plan of care. The good about Franciscan is that we have doctors and resident on the floor if we need any order or additional assessment on the patient. The hardest part of the job is when my patient dies after we all the team best efforts. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is when the patient is going home or going to the next unit because they are getting better.
Cons
most of the time short/no breaks
Challenging but entertaining type of job
Ct,mri (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 18, 2018
Good place to work.fast paced and always learning new things.working holidays was my least favorite thing to do but everyone has to take their turn.working the off shifts never really bothered me much
Pros
Good steady work
Cons
Exhausting
Fh
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 18, 2018
Franciscan health was a great travel assignment. The assignment started as an eight week assignment and I resigned for almost a year. It was a nice place to work and the staff was great.
Dissapointed
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INSeptember 12, 2018
I spent 12 years working very hard here and was not appreciated. When it was time for me to attend nursing school they would not accommodate my schedule leaving me to resign.
Very fun
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 5, 2018
The job was very fun and rewarding also the staff was very friendly kind and caring. The job was very straight forward but the position I was in had no more career advancement and that is what I’m looking for in the future.
Pros
Very loving and kind staff
Cons
Hard to move up in
hard work for low pay
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILAugust 29, 2018
Seeing some doctors with really bad bed side manners is really sad. Patients need more respect then to be treated poorly. Just because you want to go golfing over in Orland Park. Its a title you have. Your human like the rest of us. Don't treat people like gossip to your nurses. Sad that a pa physician has to trash talk about a patient. What did you do to him? To make him think it was alright to ask such a personal question.
difficult workplace culture
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 28, 2018
its very difficult to work with someone who you don't get along with. My supervisor was not an honest person and I had to learn the hard way to cover my bases
Predictive Index puts you in an unwelcomed boxed catagory.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, INAugust 28, 2018
The working hours were what caused me to leave. The schedule was not consistent and some days were over 12 hours. The position applied for and wanted was part time and the schedule flipped flopped between days and nights which made work life balance very difficult. The company mandatory predictive index and culture made it feel like you were put into a box and would not be able to achieve other opportunities.
Pros
Acceptable pay
Cons
Work life balance and sub culture predictive index
Positive Experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 24, 2018
A typical day at work ran smoothly. Great management team. Positive workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was working nights. The most enjoyable part were the people.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Night shift
Pretty good place to work
Medication Reconciliation Technician (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INAugust 21, 2018
Pretty good place to work. Good insurance/benefits package (medical, dental, vision etc) Friendly and safe work environment. Felt valued as an employee most of the time.
Rma
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 17, 2018
Typical day was spent with patients
vitals, RX, phone calls, helping others, vaccines.
The hardest part of my job was leaving my work. I really enjoyed my patients/coworkers.
Fast paced office
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2018
We are a busy and fast paced office. We have seen over 80 patients in a day. This has taught me to be organized and to be able to multi-task. We have many diverse cultural patients - Burmese, Arabic, India - communicating with these patients can be very challenging.

My most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of infants and toddlers.
Not what I expected
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INJuly 31, 2018
You are either a low paid hourly employee or highly paid manager/doc. There isn’t much in between. Not much room for advancement. I was bored out of my mind on a daily basis and consistently asked for more work, but wasn’t given any. They are not up to date with the latest technology. The docs treat you like you are dumb if you aren’t a doctor. Their PTO is not terrible, but there is no wiggle room for taking any other time off. You can’t be late by even a minute without it counting against you.
Pros
Work life balance- no more than 40 hours a week
Cons
Pay, management, no advancement
A Good Day At Work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILJuly 30, 2018
When the nurses or the visitng families arent being rude it makes your day pretty easy. They enviornment is very welcoming and it makes you look foward to work some days
Pros
Get To Taste Food
Cons
Overly Worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about