Franciscan Ministries Employee Reviews

Fast paced with support
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, ILAugust 15, 2019
Fast paced environment, no micromanagement..np/md on site most of the week. Nurse management team very supportive and they have alot of activities and appreciation days for the staff.
Nice job ...bad starting experience
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJuly 18, 2019
Had orientation for a few and I had another orientation person and they were so fast paced and rude. Don’t come here to work or live. Some parts of the building has horrible fixtures and bugs on linens.
Workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJune 17, 2019
This company was not an enjoyable place to work. Management used there authority to there advantage. If you weren't buddy, buddy with the manager. Your day wasn't very delightful. Not a place that I would like to work at ever again. Job security was something that always hung over your head. Will today be the day I blink or breath to loud and get fired.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Shift hours
Stay away
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJune 12, 2019
Families given false expectations. When expectations couldn't be met...families filing complaints against staff. False accusations from residents when they don't get their way. Families reminding you constantly that they pay your bills. We are emotionally and verbally abused by families and residents who are alert. And oriented x3. Takes away from residents who need care and our very sick or have dementia. Management does nothing to stand behind employees makes excuses for families and the entitled. Sad this job makes you really reconsider healthcare profession. No teamwork. High overturn in employees. lost 3 great employees in past 2 weeks aides and a nurse. Cnas tell nurses off horrible attitudes. As long as they have bodies they do not care if work gets done. Behaviors from residents out of control. Worked few places this is the worst. Will miss the residents who truly needed care and appreciated our help.
Cons
Does not care about employees
Incoming Sales Counselors - BEWARE!
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJune 6, 2019
If you are considering applying for a Sales Counselor position, Always ask WHY they are looking for a new person to fill the role. I came to find out that this particular community cannot keep a Sales Counselor. That is a clue....it cannot be the fault of all the Sales Counselors who have had the opportunity... tread carefully....
Pros
Residents, All other Staff Members
Cons
Sales Management
Not a Positive Environment
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Crown Point IndianaMarch 25, 2019
Worked 2 weeks and that's all I needed to see. Upper management does what they want...one of them helped herself to a brand new donated shirt intended for the residents. The "no drug" policy for residents is NOT enforced! Poor attitudes by staff..they show favoritism to certain residents. Terrible training program. All in all this place is all smoke and mirrors..not at all what they appear to be.
Pros
Pay was competitive
Cons
Poor management
Easy job
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 2, 2019
I loved helping residents obtain services they were unable to find for themselves. I believe I was able to increase their quality of living by caring about them.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lots of paperwork
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60641February 2, 2019
Management need to have good leadership exercised in the company often it isn’t prevalent and need to be utilize more in the company also management need to talk more with Unit Associate worker .
assest tasks set forth by department head and completed painting tasks
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJanuary 14, 2019
the responsibilities remained consistent but local changed daily. In charge of independent/assisted living home rehabilitations. finish paint work, minor carpentry. wood work etc.
Pros
Consistant work load and enviroment
Cons
had to move out of state
No Longer Exists
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2019
Franciscan Ministries sold to Mercy Housing, the company not longer exists. Reviewing this company is not relevant because it no longer operates or employs anyone.
Pros
Little overview
Cons
lack of structure.
Leasing agent
Fast paced
High manager turnover
NIce Work Environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILDecember 10, 2018
Teamwork at all levels. From administrators to custodians. Flexible schedules and employees are recognized for a job well done. Morale is high. I would recommend working here.
Both Dining and Assisted Living services
Part-time job serving senior citizens (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILOctober 16, 2018
The dining aspect of the company was very hectic. It was worked like a typical restaurant with the shift going similarly to this: Setup, Serve, and Cleanup. The assisted living aspect is what would be similar to a nursing or CNA program at a hospital working with unable bodied elderly.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Short Staffed
Would not recommend
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 5, 2018
I always had fun spending time with my residents. They were one of the "positives" about this company. They were some of the nicest people you could ever meet. I did like my coworkers in my department, and it's a clean and beautiful facilitiy.

Management is the reason I left. They regularly played favorites. The work environment was hostile. Workers were getting shrieked at out in the open in front of residents and workers from other departments. Management always had a "gotcha!" attitude. Very questoinable things were happening regularly, and management seemed to abuse power.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, work environment
Nice, clean place
Full time Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 11, 2018
Being that nursing homes are a 24/7 facility scheduling and work life balance suffers. I have steady employment as a maintenance worker and days can be very busy, however I have worked with the nicest people ever . Coming from a skilled trade in mechanics that I worked in for 26years I made more then, than now; but it is doable. Pay could be better, insurance could be a lot better, but vacation and time off is excellent.
This place is growing with new buildings and very clean we keep it that way. In this industry nurses are in demand and do not get the pay for what they do. This is a nationwide problem. I am still working at this facility, and being 54y old, I will be exhausting my past jobs retirement to help augment my pay and hospital bill"s that come my way.
Pros
Nice friendly people, best looking lunchroom/breakroom I ever been in. Very clean
Cons
Allways busy, stand alot, insurance lack-luster, scheduling is rough, tuition assistance is cheap. advancment idk?
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, ILAugust 11, 2018
Loosing patients
building relationship with patient and family
Unorganized
Learning new skills as an aid
helping out nurse and other cnas
Pros
Relationships with patient and family
Cons
understaffed
Good work environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJune 19, 2018
Everyone works together well and the Kitchen is very clean and easy to work in. The shifts are three hours at a time so it is easy to manage. The positions vary by day due to the Dining Supervisor who assigns everyone job for the shift.
Like family
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJune 14, 2018
I loved working here. I only left because the new DON who was ill qualified for her job wanted to give my job to her best friend. I thoroughly enjoyed going to work before she started there.
Good place
Dining Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, ILMay 29, 2018
The dining part was decent, everyone was very nice, but oftentimes there were many favorites being picked out by the management team. Overall, the atmosphere was very good, you learn to love the residents and co-workers.
Good Company working in a complicated industry
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 28, 2018
As I worked at FSCSC, I saw the compassion all around me. From the Managers to the front line staff, and then back again from the residents. While seeing this, I also saw the ones that were there to just get a pay check and had no commitment to the career that they have. There are those that just wanted to come to work and do nothing or as little as possible to get by. These types of people make it bad for all of those that have a career they are dedicated to and leave a bad taste in all others mouths. As in any industry, FSCSC has these people working in it. As much as we all want to get ahead in life, we have to put forth effort and compassion into our work, even if at this junction of life it is not what we want to be doing. Several people seem to think that they should start at the top or they just want to have it all and put no effort into getting the results they want.

So my thought is for anyone reading this. Any job is what you make and what you put into it. As in life you have to be present and participating for it to have a meaning. If you just want to sit on the sideline and criticize the efforts of others and take from the team, that team may not want you on the team anymore, and you will be bouncing from team to team until no team will have you. Then, you will be out in the cold to face the wolves on your own.

Find passion in anything you do until you find the true passion you have and then excel at it.
Pros
Warm compassionate people
Cons
The takers in life that want to have free handouts and thinks the world owes them everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Ministries. Our community is ready to answer.