Frank's International Employee Reviews

StabRite Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 26, 2018
I always loved working at Frank's great company and great pay. It was great people in the work place easy to get along with. I would love to go back to Frank's it was the best company I have ever worked for. Just don't know why I got laid off I never missed work and I was a A operator in the StabRite department. But life goes on and would never talk bad about them because like I said the best company I have ever worked for!
Pros
Great pay, Great healthcare, Great people
Cons
24 hour call, randomly laid off
Great job
Yard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 5, 2018
This job help me grow into the person I am today I continue to use this job as a steppingstone for my life duties meaning I try to be safe at all time
Creative enviroment
LATIN-AMERICAN REGION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
During my time in Frank's international I was working as an expat which gave me the opportunity to interface with various cultures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to create new operating locations.
Pros
Great oportunities
Cons
Oversight main operations
Tough place to get things done
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
Legacy culture is VERY resistant to change. BoD is dysfunctional and run by family that founded the company. Three CEOs and CFOs in 18 months or so.
Pros
Some excellent people
Cons
Chaos at the top of the org
Enjoyed my job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Frank's International, unfortunately i was laid off because of the oilfield industry being slow at the time. I'd go back if asked.
Pros
great pay
Cons
laid off
Running casing
Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKApril 24, 2018
Learn how to operate the tongs, work the v-door, a typical day on the rig was working 11-16+ hours a day. Workplace was friendly, hardest part was not seeing your family.
Franks Casing Crew
Invoicing Associate/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 7, 2018
Start work at 7 or 7:30 did not leave til 6 depending on the work load
learned my aspect of invoicing also did basic office duties
often took work home
work long hours for little pay
Pros
no pros
Cons
too much stress, too little pay
Franks does not care about family or family emergencies. They are not compassionate about there employee.
Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 20, 2018
Frank's Internatjonal is not family oriented and does not care about there employees. They do not give thier employees days off or consider family emergencies. They feel like you suppose to forget about your family until the work is done. If you have a family this job is not good for you. They send workers out of town with no suitable knowledge and they overwork the employees that are dedicated to them.
Cons
No time for family. No off days.
Rewarding Career
Casing Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working for this company. The experience that I gained from this company was invaluable. This company made a man out of me and which in return gave me the characteristics required to be successful.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Little home life
Good place but lack of mobility
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 13, 2017
Overall, Frank's is a good place to work, but if you're not an engineer or work in the field you really don't have a lot of places to go. Work/life balance leaves a lot to be desired. Some of the best healthcare benefits I've ever seen, so they have that working for them. Morale is low with have three CEOs in a year and multiple layoffs over the years.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Paid Holidays
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Instability
Good company
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 1, 2017
This is a good company that's a safe place to work. Management works well with employees to change the overall culture for the better. I've learned mostly on the job, but they are trending towards more organized and formal training. The hardest part of the job is moving up without being social, but I guess that's with any job right?
Pros
Good people to work with, regular hours, good benefits
Cons
No structure for advancement
Got to travel the world
CRT Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 27, 2017
Great people and company until they went public. Also the oilfield crashed and lots of employees lost everything due to that. Great pay and benefits also
Once great company. Now, not so great.
Assistant Manager Completions Department (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 1, 2017
Overall, a good place for 16 years, though the company became a more stressful workplace after going public in 2013.
Board of directors did a poor job of managing the company after going public.
Pros
Job security until they went public.
Cons
Poor job security after going public. Poor performance of upper management.
Good place to learn machining
CNC Mill Machinist (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAOctober 13, 2017
I started there when the oilfield began laying people off. I learned a lot and a lot of people helped me when I ran into problems. The management expects good work and will let you know if it isn't up to par
Pros
Great training
Cons
You can make more somewhere's else once you learn the ropes
great place to work
Casing Hand (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 7, 2017
My first oilfield job. Liked my crew and the money I made. The advancement opportunities were great. Only down side was the time away from my family.
Pros
benefits, pay, stability
Cons
time away from family at work
I had a wonderful time working for this company for 14 years it was a very family company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette LouisianaAugust 28, 2017
But I can say that I had a good time you had good days and bad days but we had a very good times everyone got along. Frank's International was a family company everyone was treated as a brother or sister
Fast paced but compensated well
Laydown Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 16, 2017
Frank's is an interesting place to work. Then again the oil field in general is, I suppose. The pay was good when there was work. Work is dictated by national oil prices and fluctuates often. Management at my particular office was poor and cut every corner possible to make the most profit; sometimes at the expense of safety.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Little home/family/personal time, poor management
Pipe Welder, Stick Welder (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 30, 2017
Very productive and practice safety.. Welding different positions. great place to work and move up.They pay pretty well and have good benefits also. try them out
Frank's International, Rock Springs Wyoming
Office Manager's Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WY 82901June 13, 2017
Management downsized our location. Otherwise we had a low turn-around rate and dedicated employee staff. Administrative staff and payroll administrators were professional and respondent to the organizational reporting processes. Location management was easy to communicate with and understand job completion requirements. We prided ourselves with a high rate of productivity and safe environment.
Loved working for this company, wish they would not have closed doors iwould work for them again they were great to me.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 10, 2017
I would work for them again if I had a chance they were good to me. I wish oilfield never got slow because they had to close the doors at the company. I miss working for them.