Franklin & Marshall College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great work enviornment
STADIUM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 10, 2018
Ensured that I was happy and loving my job. It was a great experience because I was able to study for my chemistry degree while obtaining a solid amount of hours to maintain myself.
A good college
Animator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 26, 2018
My experience as a student at Franklin and Marshall College was overall a positive experience. The staff members and the wide variety of classes and activities made attending there a pleasant experience.
Pros
A nice environment, friendly staff and faculty
Teaching assisstant/curator
Teaching Assistant - Introductory Geology (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 12, 2018
I was a student worker at the College. I helped professors during lab periods for introductory geology, historical geology, and sedimentology. I also helped organize the fossil and rock specimens.
Summer student
Research and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 30, 2018
As a summer student, I learned a lot and was given ample work to do. I felt I was given great guidance initially so I could accomplish my tasks successfully without further assistance going ahead in the experiments.
work study
Squash Aces Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 28, 2018
This is an extra curricular activity and not an actual job, therefore I don't have any reviews about it . I do, however, love working for squash aces and I am looking forward to going back to campus next semester to work some more.
great school. not great location.
Housing (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 12, 2018
The school is great; very progressive and moving towards achieving some actual diversity. However, the population is still overwhelmingly privileged and the Lancaster area is not only not very welcoming, but also too under developed for undergraduate students to get what they should out of college.
Part-time job and experience
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 7, 2018
While I was working at Franklin & Marshall College Center for Opinion Research, I was also playing college football and taking 2 summer classes. I did not have enough time to train for football, concentrate on my classes, and work a full-time job, so Franklin & Marshall provided me with great job experience and allowed me to work hours that fit with my schedule. I usually worked 5 days a week for 4 hour shifts (5pm-9pm). I was extremely good at talking with people on the phone and making them feel comfortable. Although many people worked here for their full-time job and were much more invested than I was, I still was just as good as anybody in the office at getting surveys completed. All of my supervisors would say that I am extremely intelligent, polite, and hard working. In fact, I have had many callers ask to speak with my supervisor or call them back to tell them how much they enjoyed speaking with me and how polite and professional I was.
Pros
Convenient work hours
Cons
Consistently finish projects before expected completion date, and go weeks without work because we finished early
Great
Office of Advancement Student Phone Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 19, 2017
Hard to do homework sometimes but that is the only problem. Other than that the manager is great and so are the coworkers. Hours are flexible and it is a night job.
Great People
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 19, 2017
Loved all of my coworkers! Allowed for a great work/life balance. The management allowed for enough room for you to take initiative and for you to learn.
An intellectually vital place to work.
Assistant Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 13, 2017
I very much enjoyed working with the faculty and students, most of whom were wonderfully bright and engaged. The only negative was the incredibly long days.
Pros
Intellectual vitality
Cons
Over worked

Want to know more about Franklin & Marshall College?

Ask a question
5-star liberal art college.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2017
Small classes
Excellent research opportunities (even for first year students)
Study abroad opportunities
Excellent financial aid
Many wonderful programs (e.g. chemistry and music)
for crying out loud
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 22, 2017
Look, Indeed, you nosy people, I worked here for a year a decade a go. No one cares about my opinion and, once again, this is none of your business. Why must I bother with this?
Great place to work, but you won't get paid
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 21, 2017
I have worked at F&M for 3 years. I have enjoyed my time here as far as the work in concerned. However, after working here for that amount of time, pay raises have not kept current with cost of living increases. Great benefits, but they don't pay enough to be competitive in the local job market.
This is where i go to school
Ware College House Mentor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 10, 2017
i love franklin and marshall but i didn't memorize my resume and don't know exactly what i'm supposed to be reviewing here. it's great though, i recommend this place of higher education for sure
Productive and Supportive Community
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 5, 2017
Whenever I would come in, I was constantly greeted by appreciative and supportive people. I always found work to do, and the staff understood that, as a student-worker, that my school work came first and were very flexible.
Admissions Department
Admissions Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 29, 2017
Franklin and Marshall has a great culture that has a high value for the liberal arts education. overall the people are nice but the opportunity for growth is limited.
Productive workplace
Office Assistant, Psychology Department (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 15, 2017
I started working here since my freshman year at college, as one of the student workers of the school. Through almost 4 years working as an office assistant to the Psychology Department, I've gained a lot of valuable experience in a very professional yet friendly work setting.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Supervisor, Campus Peer Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 23, 2017
I attended meetings with my supervisors and co-workers in which we were able to discuss campus events. The job was rewarding.
Productive and friendly workplace
Front Office Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 21, 2017
Everyday I would welcome and assist anyone that visited the office. In addition, I was responsible for picking up phone calls and taking messages. I also had to set up appointments for current students and alumni.

The workplace is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new! (There's always room to learn in this workplace)
Good student job
Athletic Communications Game-Day Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Good school for giving students on campus work opportunities to help pay for their education as well as gain work experience.