Franklin American Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Reporting Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 11, 2018
Terrible benefits. Don't treat employees well. Strict environment.
Inflexible. Doesn't really matter any more since they were bought out by a bank.
Good entr-level opportunities
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
FAMC was a great place to get entry level experience after college within their operations department. I spent time in the VVOE and Compliance departments and gained valuable experience in a professional environment.
Good stable company
FHA Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2018
Only worked there for 4 months when I was recruited by another company. My time there was satisfactory. The company appeared to be a good place to work.
Company was great
Sr Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 12, 2018
this was a great company to work for but unfortunately our office was closed after it was bought by a Bank. Will miss working there. Had the best managers in the business, great coworkers as well
Career Growth Lacking
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
Career growth at Franklin American Mortgage is very lacking, employees are encouraged to seek their own career growth and pathing, because FAMC does not provide a career pathing guide to it's IT employees. Management is often to bogged down with other things to discuss career growth with their employees and are not noticing any things that the team is doing that may warrant a promotion to anyone.
worst culture ever
Change Management Specialist (Enterprise Risk) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
epitomizes worst of corporate culture
worst managers ever
unethical hiring practices
day to day does not match job description so be very careful
extremely unethical meetings
Pros
compensation and technology
Cons
managers and culture
Loved my Dept
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 8, 2018
I had an amazing manager who was family oriented and understood life came up at times. Having flexible schedules was great! Once we were bought out last month, there were no guarantees and i was let go. No warning. No real severance. No time. Just left confused with no answers. Citizens bank is only ruining lives. They do not care about people and their lives, only about the mighty bottom dollar.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Was very bored every single day.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Franklin American for the most part. The benefits were good. and the work environment was nice.The manager was not very supportive. And, I got laid off.
Pros
Nice building and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great Workplace
UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST (LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 5, 2018
FAMC was a wonderful company to work for. Our underwriting team was the best. I couldn't ask for a better team to work with. Everyone was always there to assist in anything that was ask of them with a smile on their face.
Pros
Team building events
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 24, 2018
We have the greatest underwriting team and we all get along. On busy days we all would help each other to make sure team is caught up with days task. We enjoy celebrating birthdays in the office and make that day special for the celebrant. Fun days during Easter and Christmas for the branch. To give back to our management we give our 110% and really work hard to meet our goals..
Pros
Free lunches, Birthday day off
Cons
Health care a bit expensive so moved to spouse health care
Great Place to work
Flex Closer - Closing Coordinator/Funder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2018
It was a fun environment to be in. People were great.. Mangers were there for anything you needed. Willing to help with schedules and balance life outside of work.
Forward Thinking Top Mortgage Banking Company
Senior Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCAugust 22, 2018
FAMC strives and achieves the best employees and offers a professional work environment with quality mortgage products. FAMC possesses modern technology and has a high expectation for giving customers the best service possible.
Friendly and very fair management.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 30, 2018
My overall review of Franklin American Mortgage is very well managed and employees always have the opportunity to advance. The days went by fast, there was always something to do.
Pros
We did have free lunches.
Fun group enviornment
Wholesale Setup Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 29, 2018
A typical day in the office for my group is pretty laid back. Our manager is laid back as well. He is very understanding and does not micro manage. We are allowed to converse as long as we keep the noise level to a minimum.
\he hardest part of my job is dealing with the customers which are brokers. You really have no back up,so they can get a little irate.
Pros
LAid back envirnment
Cons
My particular team is the lowest paid in the copany
Nice Company to Work For
Employee (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 20, 2018
Good family atmosphere; fun people, central location, good parking, good benefits. There is no flex time, remote working, or family based benefits like daycare, etc.
Pros
Fun Working Environment
Cons
No Flex Time
Franklin American was a great place to work. Very professional but with a relaxed atmosphere.
Investor Suspense Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Franklin. The management team is easy to talk to. They offered training and would review changes happening in the market place so you could do your job correctly.
Pros
We had Jean Days when we contributed to charities.
Cons
As a company they were great. I retired from Franklin due to the distance from home and traffic
Avoid this company
Collateral/Funding Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039July 11, 2018
The corporate management is corrupt and has no problem committing illegal acts, only they force the workers to do the crimes if they want to keep their jobs, so they can claim "innocence" and use the workers as scapegoats.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Okay Place to Work
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 6, 2018
You have general autonomy throughout the day. Management is generally good. Benefits are not great.
There are a lot of employees that do their jobs poorly and do not get fired which decreases productivity of the other employees.
Sweat Shop
Senior Residential Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 6, 2018
Very busy and no time for lunch. Management would provide food so you didn't have to leave for lunch. You never felt secure there. As soon as the volume would go down they would start laying off.
Pros
pay wasn't bad
Cons
poor management and expensive health insurance
Great mission
Retail Loan Originator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 5, 2018
Very customer service aware. Probably the best company around in delivering great customer care and attention to their needs. Great at setting a hitting goals and making records.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin American Mortgage Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight