Franklin American Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

Loved working for this company
Assistant Vice President Regional Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 16, 2019
My typical day was looking forward to help my staff and my customers. I enjoyed making customers happy and close their loan transactions, because I was making a difference in home buyers life and helping them achieve their dream.
Franklin American, had a different culture, owned by one person and I got to know him personally, and everyone below him. Everyone was personable and down to earth, we all worked like a family, there was team work within the company, no matter which office I call around each state, we all knew each other and helped each other.
the hardest part of my job was laying off people when volume was down and lastly when the company was sold, everyone was laid off and the CA office was shut down. Other than that, I enjoyed every moment while working there. if they ever open an office in CA I would definitely apply to get on board.
Pros
company was sol
Cons
Best place to work
Wonderful place
Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2018
Franklin was a wonderful place of employment before the company was purchased by a bank. The culture was comfortable and felt like family. They were always willing to promote within.
Company layoffs
Government Regional Underwriting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2018
FAMC was purchased in September 2018 and began closing offices and reducing staff. Would not recommend for that reason. It was previously and awesome place to work.
Worked there too long ago to rate.
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 28, 2018
It has been too long ago that I worked there to rate this company. At the time, the people were very nice and the offices nice. I have read FAMC has recently been sold to another bank.
Pros
Cons
Little marketing or name recognition.
Analyzed loan documents
Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 26, 2018
Review loan files for accuracy. Credit, income, title and appraisal review to determine if the borrower is qualified for a loan. Correspond with brokers daily on the status of their loans.
Pros
work from home
Cons
health coverage was not the best
Great work place with exception management and associates.
Wholesale Loan Setup Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 24, 2018
Love working for this company was there almost 4 years, I learned more about the mortgage business and working remotely then any other place I work for in the same field, was looking forward to staying until retirement but did not go that way, but would do it all again if the chance came again.
Pros
Just a great company to work remotely for.
Cons
Pay a little low but manageable.
Terrible company
Reporting Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 11, 2018
Terrible benefits. Don't treat employees well. Strict environment.
Inflexible. Doesn't really matter any more since they were bought out by a bank.
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 10, 2018
I have worked at FAMC over 10 years. I have always been treated well and very fairly. I have had good managers (3 diff ones) and good pay/raises/time off. Citizens Bank recently bought us so there are alot of changes going on and I hope that I will remain on board, some have not been so lucky.
Pros
Pay & PTO
Cons
Working Christmas Eve
Good entr-level opportunities
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
FAMC was a great place to get entry level experience after college within their operations department. I spent time in the VVOE and Compliance departments and gained valuable experience in a professional environment.
Good stable company
FHA Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2018
Only worked there for 4 months when I was recruited by another company. My time there was satisfactory. The company appeared to be a good place to work.

Want to know more about Franklin American Mortgage Company?

Ask a question
Company was great
Sr Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 12, 2018
this was a great company to work for but unfortunately our office was closed after it was bought by a Bank. Will miss working there. Had the best managers in the business, great coworkers as well
Career Growth Lacking
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
Career growth at Franklin American Mortgage is very lacking, employees are encouraged to seek their own career growth and pathing, because FAMC does not provide a career pathing guide to it's IT employees. Management is often to bogged down with other things to discuss career growth with their employees and are not noticing any things that the team is doing that may warrant a promotion to anyone.
worst culture ever
Change Management Specialist (Enterprise Risk) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
epitomizes worst of corporate culture
worst managers ever
unethical hiring practices
day to day does not match job description so be very careful
extremely unethical meetings
Pros
compensation and technology
Cons
managers and culture
Loved my Dept
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 8, 2018
I had an amazing manager who was family oriented and understood life came up at times. Having flexible schedules was great! Once we were bought out last month, there were no guarantees and i was let go. No warning. No real severance. No time. Just left confused with no answers. Citizens bank is only ruining lives. They do not care about people and their lives, only about the mighty bottom dollar.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Was very bored every single day.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Franklin American for the most part. The benefits were good. and the work environment was nice.The manager was not very supportive. And, I got laid off.
Pros
Nice building and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great Workplace
UNDERWRITING SPECIALIST (LEAD) (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 5, 2018
FAMC was a wonderful company to work for. Our underwriting team was the best. I couldn't ask for a better team to work with. Everyone was always there to assist in anything that was ask of them with a smile on their face.
Pros
Team building events
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 24, 2018
We have the greatest underwriting team and we all get along. On busy days we all would help each other to make sure team is caught up with days task. We enjoy celebrating birthdays in the office and make that day special for the celebrant. Fun days during Easter and Christmas for the branch. To give back to our management we give our 110% and really work hard to meet our goals..
Pros
Free lunches, Birthday day off
Cons
Health care a bit expensive so moved to spouse health care
Great Place to work
Flex Closer - Closing Coordinator/Funder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2018
It was a fun environment to be in. People were great.. Mangers were there for anything you needed. Willing to help with schedules and balance life outside of work.
Forward Thinking Top Mortgage Banking Company
Senior Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCAugust 22, 2018
FAMC strives and achieves the best employees and offers a professional work environment with quality mortgage products. FAMC possesses modern technology and has a high expectation for giving customers the best service possible.
Friendly and very fair management.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 30, 2018
My overall review of Franklin American Mortgage is very well managed and employees always have the opportunity to advance. The days went by fast, there was always something to do.
Pros
We did have free lunches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin American Mortgage Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight