Franklin American Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

Fun group enviornment
Wholesale Setup Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 29, 2018
A typical day in the office for my group is pretty laid back. Our manager is laid back as well. He is very understanding and does not micro manage. We are allowed to converse as long as we keep the noise level to a minimum.
\he hardest part of my job is dealing with the customers which are brokers. You really have no back up,so they can get a little irate.
Pros
LAid back envirnment
Cons
My particular team is the lowest paid in the copany
Nice Company to Work For
Employee (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 20, 2018
Good family atmosphere; fun people, central location, good parking, good benefits. There is no flex time, remote working, or family based benefits like daycare, etc.
Pros
Fun Working Environment
Cons
No Flex Time
Franklin American was a great place to work. Very professional but with a relaxed atmosphere.
Investor Suspense Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Franklin. The management team is easy to talk to. They offered training and would review changes happening in the market place so you could do your job correctly.
Pros
We had Jean Days when we contributed to charities.
Cons
As a company they were great. I retired from Franklin due to the distance from home and traffic
Avoid this company
Collateral/Funding Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039July 11, 2018
The corporate management is corrupt and has no problem committing illegal acts, only they force the workers to do the crimes if they want to keep their jobs, so they can claim "innocence" and use the workers as scapegoats.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Okay Place to Work
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 6, 2018
You have general autonomy throughout the day. Management is generally good. Benefits are not great.
There are a lot of employees that do their jobs poorly and do not get fired which decreases productivity of the other employees.
Sweat Shop
Senior Residential Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 6, 2018
Very busy and no time for lunch. Management would provide food so you didn't have to leave for lunch. You never felt secure there. As soon as the volume would go down they would start laying off.
Pros
pay wasn't bad
Cons
poor management and expensive health insurance
Great mission
Retail Loan Originator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 5, 2018
Very customer service aware. Probably the best company around in delivering great customer care and attention to their needs. Great at setting a hitting goals and making records.
Great work culture.
Marketing Manager, Sports Sponsorships & Events (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 23, 2018
Great company to work for. Great people and work culture. The company does a great job in giving back to the community. Great benefits and the opportunity to move up in the company.
Don't work here
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2018
Awful job and and management is a joke. They have no idea what theyre doing besides the Senior VP and the Data Support supervisor and AVP are the worst. They drive away almost every employee that works there after a week or two. The worst part is when they need help from other departments no one wants to deal with supervisor. Not even the SENIOR VP. Definitely do not work here unless its your very last option. Not to mention they could care less about your life outside of work.
Pros
If you like overtime and lots of it, this is your place
Cons
This was a productive place to work, but the culture was very negative.
Quality Assurance Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 1, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone! The culture and atmosphere was totally negative. There was a lot of turnover and layoffs while I was there. Very poor managers.
Pros
Benefits were average
Cons
Negative culture
good working environment
Sr Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 26, 2018
good working environment and good team support, good team,
excellent perks offered by company, salary if lower than most, but free parking and good benefits
Poor management
Loan Purchase Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Management is moved up through the ranks without management training. When lack of support is mentioned to upper management, lower management is defended and employee is made to feel at fault.
workload is inconsistent so it is hard to manage time
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 12, 2018
Open positions not being filled thus resulting in added work load added to completion of continuing education, but not the consent to work overtime. Inconsistency in departmental expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Departmental inconsistencies
There is no team comradery, morale is low across the company and the pay is not good for the job performed.
Collateral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2018
There is no team camaraderie, morale is low across the company and the pay is not good for the job performed. Management don't communicate well with their teams and most are unapproachable. All of this things produce low performing and unmotivated employees!
Fun place
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 14, 2018
There are great people there to work with however company not always in tune with the rest of the country where things are different, very adverse to change
A typical day at work
Regional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Mortgage industry is very demanding of hours worked. Management only cared about numbers and not about individuals. I did learn a lot from this company at a young age and was able to move up the corporate ladder until I felt that I hit a plateau. Overall I would recommend this company to work for. They are successful for a reason.
Na
Regional Loan Purchase Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 11, 2017
I rather not review this company as it is a waste of my time and energy. The corporate needs to revamp all upper management and start over. Not a good place to work.
Would not have left if branch had not closed
Sr. Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 22, 2017
Would not have left if branch had not closed. At this time, I am unable to provide any additional updates as there have been structure changes that I am no longer privy to.
Very Stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 14, 2017
Never know what you day is going to be like. Waited for assignments for the day. Training was not helpful if you had not worked in the industry in the past.
No Equality
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 2, 2017
No equality or safe working environment here. If you are a wealthy, straight white man you are good to go. Any other categories and you will be stuck in a clerical or administrative role for your entire career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin American Mortgage Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight