Franklin Companies Employee Reviews

Incompetent management, nepotism, under-handed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alamo Heights, TXSeptember 23, 2019
The residents and their families are wonderful. If only they knew that their loved one's care-givers will not be there long if they really care about the residents and do their job they wont have time to be in management's clique. Management is very "sensative" about being made to look bad by people who are actually qualified and caring so she moves her friends into positions they should not have. They dont care about residents or employees. A video orients new recruits. They are aweful
Pros
Residents and families
Cons
Nepotism in management. Under-qualified
Completely unethical
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXJune 1, 2019
This company is absurd. Directors and corporate make knee jerk decisions. They can’t handle criticism, or take responsibility for things. They seem to enjoy treating people like garbage. Any time an employee complains they are reprimanded, rather than the complaint be taken seriously and fixed. They know employees are unhappy. The turnover rate is insanely high and they seem to think that’s acceptable. Don’t even get me started on how dirty the building is, or how mistreated the residents are.
Pros
Cons
Company culture
LVN (Former Employee) –  Stone OakMay 23, 2019
My first day 6 CNAs quit with one putting in resignation that night and the others were cussing and fighting in front of residents. There was always drama and new people every week. Census going down every week with residents moving out. Just not a good place at all. Change in management needed.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor staff, lack of staff, over worked
Terrible
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2019
I worked there a while back. I almost felt like I was going to lose my license. There were barely any CNAs. A lot of the patients there are nursing home not assisted memory care. They give great benefits and incentives but very awful place.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2019
Nothing good to say about working here. Unless you like being tortured for a paycheck find something else. It's a toxic environment that needs to be cleaned out.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Growing Company
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working for Franklin. I have learned a lot working for them. They have always taken good care of me. Recently there were some changes made and I feel like I don't belong anymore.
dont waste your time
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2018
Dont waste your time. Very underpaid position, no opportunity for advancement. lots of favorites. Very cheap company. Almost every property is section 8.
Pros
pto
Cons
everything
Terrible upper management and ownership.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
This companies upper management and ownership only listen to the directors in the company that they like. They don't want to be bothered by anyone else even if what is said by a director they like isn't true.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, always short staffed
Worst place ever
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 8, 2018
I loved my residents dearly but management was very bad there. They were unwilling to listen to their employees concerns and come up with solutions. The lack of communication and empathy was horrible.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor communication
Horrible management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
I loved working with my residents. I loved the job but management was so bad I had to leave. I was a good worker and I was still treated bad. They only care about themselves
Pros
Spending time with residents
Cons
No overtime, can’t call in sick
Needs new management
Caregiver/ medication aide (Former Employee) –  San AntonioMarch 10, 2018
I thought I was overacting about leaving. But, I followed my instinct not to work there. If your a nursing student, do not apply! If your looking for advancement, do not apply! If your looking for a steady schedule, do not apply! LVN there is not good at managing scheduling and delegating. Receptionist had to ask LVN then LVN had to ask receptionist to ask the other receptionist to do scheduling. Receptionist should be able to schedule. it didn't take me long to figure out this place. Because I am an intelligent and educated. Nursing students are better off working at a nursing home to get their foot in the door for advancement.
Pros
Nothing really.
Cons
Horrible place don't work here
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stone oakFebruary 24, 2018
I worked here only for a couple months and my god it was awful ,my supervisor was great but everyone above her was awful . For every kudos (rare) you received , you would get about five negatives that you needed to fix . It was just an negative place and just money hungry to get residents in that were not right for the facility . If you weren't in with the 'click' you were the slave
Cons
Drama, management
Potential for Growth
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Franklin culture and employee relations improved every week. The have started to create groups within the company to help understand the different challenges we face daily.
Pros
Respectful
Cons
Not enough oppertunity for advancement
They listen and make changes.
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 4, 2018
I brought up several issues and they addressed them all in a timely manner. Every company has it's own issues, but the owner and the president of the company care enough to hear them all.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Small company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Everything starts from Management and goes from there. Someone needs to go in there and clean house. I would not recommend and employee or family members to live there. If you’re not in the click you’re a slave. Not a place I’d recommend to anyone!!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Shady, stressful
Management (Former Employee) –  TxNovember 2, 2017
Very stressful, cut throat company. They constantly talk about their culture but they certainly don't practice what they preach. Also this is a very shady company...very underhanded way of doing business.
Ego
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2017
There was alot of ego at the corporate office. They preach culture but lack the follow through where needed to ensure the culture thrives. Had an opportunity to be a great company, but made knee jerk bad decisions.
Great company to work for but not much room to grow
Landscape Department Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2017
Franklin Companies is a great company to work for but there wasn't much room to grow in the department I was in. Working on the construction and development side is where you can grow.