Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities Employee Reviews

Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2018
Great opportunity for working with the developmentally disabled population. Staff are dedicated, compassionate, and sincere about their work. Management is supportive and caring about the participants and staff.
Pros
Great environment, great staff and great benefits
Provider
Provider (Current Employee) –  Bexley, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Working as a provider for special needs children is awesome! I help them with every day life skills in their home or in the public and I've learned so much from them!
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Management/Professionalism
Professional job with friendly principals working with me.
Secretary 11 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2018
The job was very fast paced and busy every day. My two direct Principals were wonderful to work for and with. They were family oriented, listened to their employees and valued my opinion.
My position was filled with deadlines on reporting to the county and state, also higher management.
Pros
Benefits were good and the work enviroment with my supervisors were perfect.
Cons
Many days were filled with more work then time to process.
Very nice job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Very good job-- great county benefits, high paced learning atmosphere, support from management, free ceu trainings, safety, good staff to management ratio
Could be very enjoyable
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my riders daily and interacting with them and turning a bad start into a good day if necessary. It was a feel good job, helping others with what they could not do for themselves.
Cons
Job disappearing
Had a lot of support in growing with the program through continuing education opportunities.
Training Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  main officeDecember 6, 2017
A friendly working atmosphere, good working relationships between departments, a clear definition of mission and work goals, good provision of resources to increase customer satisfaction.
Pros
Fair wages, employer support of retirement planning, received consistent work breaks
Cons
Required unpaid on-call status
Fun, stressful at times
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioOctober 14, 2017
I worked myself up to be a Training Specialist and I learned a lot form the clients and the different staff. I enjoyed my clients and we had a great relationship.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  2879 johnstown roadSeptember 18, 2017
Great staff , good benefits, retirement plan, great health insurance, and for the most part, good students The school does have its share of behavior problems (students) but they are all manageable.
Pros
read review
Cons
some behavior issues (students)
Productive and fun working environment
Community Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHAugust 3, 2017
Love my job and my employees this was an amazing experience and I loved the clients I worked with I got to learn something new everyday they helped me grow to the person I am today
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
No time clock with people we're taking advantage of
Rewarding but hard work
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 1, 2017
okay place to work...good benefits and rewarding work. I really enjoyed being able to help people with disabilities but it took a toll on me physically.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management, physically demanding on your body, mentally and emotionally exhausting
I worked in the field
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2017
Years ago I did not have a bachelors degree so was in a lower position and was not making the pay needed. I also moved out of the county and was unable to make the drive daily.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too far
Stay on your toes job!
Independent Provider (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHDecember 6, 2016
Being an individual provider was a lot of fun, but as a 19-year-old then, there was a lot to take care of. It took a lot of time out of your days and I hardly had a day off. Great experience though!
Working with mentally and physically handicapped people
Bus Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2016
Very rewarding job. Does require a lot of personal contact, Not a job for germaphobes. Very rewarding to put a smile on a client's face. Every employee is made to feel valued and important. Not a job to apply for if you have a weak stomach, as clients often cannot control bowels or bladder. Lots of spitting and saliva. If you can stomach all that this is an awesome place to work.
Pros
Super benefits. M-F job, so weekends and holidays always off.
Cons
Not under the best union
Excellent place to work!
Service and Supports Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215June 12, 2016
Totally recommend to any one seeking an excellent position in the field of Developmental Disabilities. It is an excellent place for advancement and professional growth, as well as the opportunity to help others in the community.
Great place to work.
Service Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 17, 2015
I loved working there. Everyone was passionate about helping others and the administrators were good at helping employees maintain a positive work/life balance.
Excellent agency providing services for the developmentally disabled individual.
Training Supervisor ARC Industries West (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2015
I felt it was an honor to work for the Franklin County Board of DD.
The agency always tried to serve not only the individual but the families in the best way possible. The agency is always looking to improve its services and to keep up with the latest trends. As an employer, I felt the benefit package was very good and the salary competitive.
Excellent work atmosphere.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2014
It is nice to have variety in a job such as this. While paperwork including creating and submitting annual plans and addendums, budgeting funds and reviewing and filing confidential documents takes up over half of the job. Attending and holding team meetings for the individuals at various locations throughout the county and visiting each individual quarterly to ensure quality assurance was also an integral part of the job. Making and returning phone calls and emails in a timely manner was of high importance to ensure continuity of the team. Co-workers are supportive and ready to give advise on situations that require research if they have had a similar experience in the past or know where to get the information needed.
Great for college student
Independent Provider/ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 17, 2013
A typical day included working with children on the autism spectrum. Care included after school tutoring and teaching of life and social skills.
Stable Public Sector; Really Really slow
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhNovember 22, 2013
The board of DD is a solid place to work for. Especially someone looking to settle into a job long term. Be forewarned though: Be ready to deal with the company AS-IS. Change is slow and new ideas are met with resistance. You hear the mantra "We've always done it like that." a lot.

The compensation is fair, but the real reward comes from knowing that your work affects so many lives in the community.
Pros
Stable. Competitive rate of pay/benefits
Cons
Set in their ways. Slow/government bureaucracy