Franklin Loan Center Employee Reviews

Franklin Rocks!
MARKETING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 3, 2019
Great company, great people! Benefits package is great and the pay is good as well. They really value their workers. Plenty of team encouragement and even a company appreciation party at the end of the year.
Franklin loan center is full of “managers” that do not lead, inspire or care.
Post Close Processor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 16, 2019
In the 3 years I worked there, I , nor anyone in my department ever received a performance review or raise. In fact, the monthly bonus ( based on sales volume) received by operations staff and used by management during the hiring process part of an employees ‘total compensation”. They leveraged the monthly bonus to drive down an employees hourly wage. Then eliminated the bonus completely, Franklins culture has gone from “a tight knit team” to a negative, stress filled hostile environment where the employees are unhappy, underpaid and disposable.
Pros
Cons
Subpar training and inferior management
stressful
Government Underwriter (Former Employee) –  remoteFebruary 4, 2019
chane in management caused many issues, hostile inviornment, I really don't have nice things to say about them, and would not recommend them to anyone.
Its mortgage - you get out what you put in and its complicated and competitive these days
Mortgage Planner (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 3, 2018
If you want to be a residential mortgage lender/broker, Franklin Loan Center seems to me like a great choice. They have great products and a great support team.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Commission based
Fast Paced company, but no consistency with management
doc/funder (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 13, 2018
My day consisted of reviewing closing packages for accuracy and conditions met. I also was responsible for drawing loan documents. Reviewing and clearing conditions. I enjoyed my position as a doc/funder, however I had issues with my direct manager and tried handling it with HR but they were not willing to address my concerns. I felt the place was not a good environment for me anymore and decided to make a life decision and move to Austin Texas.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
poor management
Uneasy, tense
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2018
I too found it to be a family environment when I started. New management did change the culture and morale unfortunately not for the better. I use to feel like we were all a family and everybody looked out for eachother, new management rules with fear so the staff is just trying to hold on to their job which has created an “every man for themselves environment”. When coming on board they didn’t have much of a training system in fact it was more like here is where you will be sitting somebody breezes through the computer programs and hands you work, if you are a self starter and are able to self manage you will like the fact that they don’t micromanage your desk. If you want to have balance between your family and work life this is not the company for you, they tend to stay understaffed in a few areas and if you don’t put in overtime you are not as valued. To add to the uneasy tention every 3-6 months the staff that does work overtime are questioned by supervisors and made to feel inefficient because the company had to pay you for so much overtime, it seems that management doesn’t correlate wanted staff to stay late to get work complete with the fact that the company will have added cost and therefor the same person who is asking you if you can stay and work tonight is the same person who will be asking you why did you stay and work late 3 months from now. Benefits seem to decrease a little here and there (a less coverage medical plan or decrease in bonus) so it feels like staff is working harder with less payoff. Every so often the company will have lunch brought in for the  more... staff which I find to be a nice surprise and I do enjoy.  less
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Company culture, management
Was a wonderful company when I joined
Sr government underwriter (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 11, 2018
New management has changed the culture, the branch specific underwriters were changed to a round robin and the family atmosphere was completely changed.
Cons
New management ruined the culture
ok
Senior Conventional Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 16, 2018
I liked working there but it was slow so they had lay off. Benefits were great, friendly staff. Very customer oriented and staff is very knowledgeable.
Great Place - Contract Position
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CADecember 9, 2017
The manager was accessible, good teacher, excellent environment, easy access for parking, nice places to eat, company & managers overall were great!!!
Pros
Excellent Manager
Cons
Nothing negative
Great atmosphere and great co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 25, 2015
I worked the front desk. I answered phone calls, help send out newsletters, and assisted to my bosses needs. Loved the people I worked with and have nothing negative to say.