Franklin Retail Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Pretty Decent
Regional Merchandise Expert (Former Employee) –  MontanaAugust 8, 2018
If you are looking for a lax job, gig work and something on the side- this is a great job. It cannot be a career or a fulltime thing for anyone that needs benefits.
Pros
work when you want
Cons
Never steady
Great but Underpaid
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 12, 2018
A great small company where I got to build my skills and try on lots of hats. Fun place to work. Office has awesome views. Very low salary, so best for entry level only.
Self paced, flexible, high pay
Independent Sales Contractor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 11, 2018
Great for students and independent contractor sales. Although communication was done frequently by phone and online, there was a lack of face to face communication since many of the supervisors are stationed out of town. So if you are used to old fashioned face to face communication with bosses and work environment, this may be difficult to get used to. The pay was decent however because its an independent contractor job, you don't get taxed at all but come tax season, make sure you have money saved from your pay to pay the bill. But overall, great experience with the company. I cannot say about the satisfaction of the stores on which you are required to sell because I have mixed reviews on the different stores I was placed in; some stores were very organized while others were very disorganized and made the work day hectic. But again, I don't blame the company on that part. They can't control the management of the store that they share a partnership with.
Pros
high pay, flexibility
Cons
no benefits
A flexible job requiring travel
Visual Merchandiser and Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2018
The diligent worker capable of managing their own time and efficiency will perform well here. Building the flexible schedule to your benefit has many upsides.
Fun Place to work.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2018
This position is perfect for someone looking for secondary income and a flexible schedule. I love my job and the people I am able to work with. The Project managers are very helpful and accommodating.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
only partime
Great job
Sell Through Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Do the job or your own time! The company allows you to take what job you want when and where you want it. You get to travel and choose where you want to go.
Pros
Work life and skills
Cons
Pay
Very Flexible
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 23, 2017
You are paid by the completed job. How long it takes you is up to you. You answer a list of survey questions and the submit the via your computer when you get home. Several times I went sent free merchandise to try out for Dick's Sporting Goods so I could inform the workers about the products.
Pros
Free Sporting apparrel, flexible hours
Cons
Part time and no benefits
Bad culture
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
This company is in a death spiral. Losing companies and employees and there is not enough work to keep you busy. Spend good deal of your time dealing with bad reports and their online tools are awful. Spend too much time entering reports and dealing with auditors who have no clue. District Managers are very negative and not helpful. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Bad pay, rude management, awful reporting, not enough work
Franklin
Sells-Through Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 3, 2017
Good company to work for if you want to get your feet wet in merchandising. If you pass all the test they provide you with everything to be successful.
Pros
independent, working in different states
Cons
jobs are few and between, you have to pay for travel upfront
Unrealistic compensation for time spent on projects
Merchandising specialist (Former Employee) –  S Illinois/SE Missouri/W KentuckyApril 15, 2017
I worked for this company for 4 yrs and my experience was quite the same as some other reviews. I felt that we should have been compensated for any time we spent on the projects, whether this was in store or otherwise, but his was not the case. Near the end I argued my point about this too much and they let me go. I was good at what I did and they still havent found anyone in my area of the US to last more than a few months. This company is not worth they time they require of you.
Pros
I could schedule my own work.
Cons
Unrealistic compensation
good.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
i work for myself but all the co workers ive come in contact with are great. i have to keep sales high and check up on inventory
Company on Death Spiral
Sell Through Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2016
Changes in management and company culture have made FRS a mediocre retail service compnay. The expectations are that of a permanent employee position, but without the benefits, protections or compensation. Contractors are paid only for in store time. It is expected that contractors will spend significant personal time preparing, reporting and traveling. The 20K pay quoted is highly unlikely, even in a large metro area like Denver.
Pros
Nothing special about this company
Cons
Poor management communication, incompetent account managers, absolutely no respect for contract workers.
Flexible Position
Brand Rep and Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 26, 2016
This is a good part time, flexible job in the retail business that requires no weekends nor holidays. Management turnover high, I had three managers in 1.5 years. Hardest part of the job was the physicality of climbing ladders at stores.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Ladders
You visit several Sporting Goods stores
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dedham,MA territoryFebruary 29, 2016
Provides you with the opportunity to work at your own pace.
You have several Sporting Goods stores to work in and you meet all kinds of store managers and staff.
Pros
make you own schedule
Cons
Not enough projects to cover travel cost.
Very pleasant to work for.
Independent Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 8, 2015
You really get what you put into this job. This company makes it easy to accept jobs in your area. fast paced you must be very professional and assertive.
No support from Managment, you do this job on your own.
Sell through Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 6, 2015
I was with this company for almost 6 years. There is no support from management, just figure heads that sit behind a computer. You are the only 'eyes and ears' in the stores you service. If you ask for help, they act like you can not do the job. So, I performed the sets, using my own understanding of the industry. Pay for projects performed is less than federal minimum wage after you add in travel time and gas expense and then submitting reports. Submitting reports into the company is very time consuming. When I put pen to paper with what I was really making do this job it was less than $4 an hour. This company continues to lose accounts, so you then lose account and money. Not worth the time or effort. Very expensive lesson learned.
Pros
Somewhat fexible schedule
Cons
Not worth the time, pay is very low
Unrealistic expectations
Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview TexasSeptember 9, 2015
The company has no training except on a phone and your computer (at home). They throw you out there with the smallest amount of training possible and they have such high standards for the job you can't possibly meet them. The job itself is ridiculous such as having to hide every tag on every piece of clothing. You have to take before and after photos and which that have to have a time stamp. The time stamp better be the same hours later they want you to be in the store or they question it. If they see any tags visible they question it. This is a full time job they want to pay part time for. The pay is ridiculous considering how much gas you spend to get to the required stores. They don't pay milage at all. Over all a really poor company to work for and I would not recommend them to anyone!!
Pros
No management
Cons
No milage pay, no training, unrealistic expectations
An up and coming company growing in the retail industry.
Independant Merchandiser/STS (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 6, 2014
I have enjoyed working with this company. They have stood behind everything I was told upon contracting with them. I feel the pay is fair.
Focused Management, Flexible Work/Life Balance, Growing Organization
Sr. Manager, Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2014
Daily interaction with colleagues in Boulder, CO home office as well as with remote based staff across the US. High energy organization striving to improve performance by frequent analysis of systems and procedures to ensure best in class service to clients.
Pros
Open and receptive communication - collaboration across all levels.
Cons
N/a
No profit was possible after expenses for gasoline and tolls.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 3, 2012
The territory I was given, and the time alloted to the job to be performed were totally out of balance. It was not possible to complete the assignment properly in the specified time allowed. The territory was fifty square miles, frequently hours in store in one day were in excess of 10, plus reporting upon returning home. In my particular territory, there should be two part time reps or one full time rep - also, travel time was not paid, only estimated time, by Franklin Retail, in store was paid.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unpaid travel time, underestimated time to complete task properly, unreasonable territory size, should be a full time position, or two part time positions