Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

Too programmed
TA Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 12, 2018
I understand the world of mutual funds and stocks and bonds is fast paced, but they want robots here. You have to adhere to a certain way of managing your call or else they will fail you even if your call was perfect. It's insanity.
Pros
The beautiful quad area
Cons
The hours and breaks are not enough. You get 10 minute breaks.
Good company
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 17, 2018
Franklin Templeton investments is a good company. I have been there for several months as intern. During the time I was there, managers are really friendly. Which is a pity is they didn't provide free lunch.
Great Business Ethics, Business Platform, Strong Leadership & Mentorship Support,
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  100 Fountain Parkway N St. Petersburg, FL 33716October 2, 2018
Great Company overall, was very proud to be part of their culture and corporate family. Everyone believed in what they were selling, stood behind the Franklin Templeton Brand.
Pros
Very diverse, room for advancement, great educational resources
Cons
Favortism, overlook qualified canidates for friend of a friend, management had a few flaws in leadership.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I had a good time while i worked at this company. I worked at this company a year but was not able to get passed the manager to move into sales position.
Benefits
Cons
Good place to work where work/life balance is a strength
Director, Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Enjoy working with colleagues and key stakeholders researching emerging trends and determining which would be most beneficial if implemented.

Partnering with others on the implementation of new technologies such as RPA, AI, ML, etc.
Excellent Company
Oracle Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 4, 2018
Excellent company to work for if you are not interacting offshore in the evenings part of the IT structure. Very formal and very process oriented culture.
low compensation
Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 23, 2018
Some workers must clock in. The compensation is low and there is high turnover. Very little opportunity to advance. The company lacks diversity.The pay raises are low.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
low compensation
outdated office space
ETF Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 20, 2018
Drained office culture, a lot of the employees seem slightly unhappy. Other companies that rent space on our campus have many more employee perks including free food in our cafe.
A little too micro-managed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked in customer service, answering calls from shareholders and financial advisors. All our calls are recorded, and some are randomly selected for review. The degree to which these calls were assessed with a fine-toothed comb was incredibly aggravating, and the cause of much disciplinary action; for example, the difference between saying that a specific fund was "heavily invested in the healthcare industry" vs "has heavy exposure to the healthcare industry." I found myself feeling stifled and suffocated, and unable to move to another department, despite 2 years of trying.
Pros
Great 401k matching
Cons
stifling.
Best company to work for.
Planned Giving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2018
Franklin Templeton Investments was the best company I ever worked for. They offered job growth through career development training. Employees were fairly treated. The company had a great benefit package as well as 401k. It was a competitive atmosphere but that allowed each employee to be challenged in their department.
Good company, good management, very pleasant
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed very much working at Franklin Templeton Funds. It was the ideal work environment. The immediate management as well as the upper management are just perfect as the seek to bring the best out of them.
Pros
Almost perfectwork environment.
Cons
Usual business pressure to complete the work
Company is too big and global.
Global Regulatory Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 11, 2018
Overall a really good company to work for and even retire with, but there is no room for (upward) mobility. Management in some levels needs to be improved.
Pros
Good site facilities and benefits
Cons
No room for advancements
Great Place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 2, 2018
Wish compensation was higher for those who work harder rather than split equally, but overall have loved working here! I love I get the flexibility to work from home when needed and can adjust my schedule to tend to my children school events.
Internal Wholesales/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2018
This was a good place to work. I learned a lot about the Mutual Funds world. After 9/11 changes were made in the department and I was let go. It has been a long time since then so I can't comment much on how it is to work there now.
good place to work but compensation is way below market
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 21, 2018
good job stability and general working environment. however, 10% of the people do 90% of the work and those that do the work don't necessarily get compensated. pay is way below market.
Pros
stability
Cons
compensation
productive, exciting, ever changing
Senior Associate Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 19, 2018
steady busy
managing money, accounts, retirement, legal
management is wonderful
work culture friendly, helpful, caring
the hardest part was leaving - still miss it
everything about the job
Pros
growth potencial
Cons
FA calls
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2018
When I rehired as the receptionist it was okay until they gave me back the reports that I had from my previous Admin. Asst. position.
That was way too much work with the busy switch board, clients coming desk for appts., lunches and dry cleaning being delivered and me having to call the employees letting them know this. Handing all building issues and security badgeing issues, plus doing my reports from my previous admin. job. When I had to go to the bathroom, I could never find my two releif guys and I developed gastritis from my nerves. After a while this got much worse and I have a nervous breakdown and had to resign.
Fun, but Demanding
Assistant Director of Customer Acquisition (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
It was a great job with amazing pay and benefits, but demanded almost to perfection. You work at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. You need the weekend to prepare for the following week.
Franklin Templeton
TA OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 24, 2018
The culture at this job site is that they are very considerate of their employees and their needs. They provide you with the best quality of life and they make the workplace as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Who you know matters
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 13, 2018
Individuals and teams are very collaborative and exciting to work with. To advance, it felt like it was more important who you knew than it was how you contributed. As a fairly small organization, career advancement was better found outside the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin Templeton Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight