Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

Fast paced IT environment.
Sr Infrastructure Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Lots of meetings, collaboration with other departments was sometimes inconsistent, but we still got the work done. Would have liked a little more training.
Pros
On site gym, 401k match, charitable matching program
Productive and fun workplace
BPM Developer (Former Employee) –  INFebruary 5, 2019
Very good place to work. Managements cares for the employees. Excellent work-life balance in Technology team. Hands on training is given to freshers. Your ideas and work is valued.
Great experience opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Excellent opportunity after college to gain knowledge on investments policies, procedures and strategies. Fantastic work environment and culture due to colleagues from different background.
Pros
Gym
Requires strong analytical skills
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2019
When I worked there supervisors were very fair and accommodating, but you must meet strict call time standards and frequent call quality evaluations done by a national agency which is quite detail specific and demanding.
Most employees are college graduates as strong math, analytical and written skills are needed.
Great company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 13, 2018
I cant say enough about Franklin Templeton. This was my first professional career job, and I enjoyed every 10 years of my life working there, but there came I time that I had to make a switch.
productive & Fun place
Business Operations Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 30, 2018
its a good company to work for
on a typical day you learn a lot
management is good ,work place is decent
it no hard part of this job.
its like a family you meet different people.
Pros
sometime free company lunches, casual dress etc
Cons
short days off
Loved It
Manager of Treasury Cash Management Services (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 21, 2018
While my recollection is dated, during my tenure it was (and remains) the best career I ever had. I still have dreams about my time there and the people with whom I worked. As I go through the interview process now, I am reminded of how much I personally and professionally accomplished as a result of this season of my life.
Pros
Secure, well balanced
Cons
Only the inherent risks of working in finance driven by market performance
Great people to work with
Mail Operations Outgoing (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 20, 2018
The pay was good. Environment was great. The people was good. You can apply to other departments when open. A lot of room for advancement. Gave out bonuses yearly.
Too programmed
TA Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 12, 2018
I understand the world of mutual funds and stocks and bonds is fast paced, but they want robots here. You have to adhere to a certain way of managing your call or else they will fail you even if your call was perfect. It's insanity.
Pros
The beautiful quad area
Cons
The hours and breaks are not enough. You get 10 minute breaks.
Good company
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 17, 2018
Franklin Templeton investments is a good company. I have been there for several months as intern. During the time I was there, managers are really friendly. Which is a pity is they didn't provide free lunch.
Great Business Ethics, Business Platform, Strong Leadership & Mentorship Support,
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  100 Fountain Parkway N St. Petersburg, FL 33716October 2, 2018
Great Company overall, was very proud to be part of their culture and corporate family. Everyone believed in what they were selling, stood behind the Franklin Templeton Brand.
Pros
Very diverse, room for advancement, great educational resources
Cons
Favortism, overlook qualified canidates for friend of a friend, management had a few flaws in leadership.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 26, 2018
I had a good time while i worked at this company. I worked at this company a year but was not able to get passed the manager to move into sales position.
Benefits
Cons
Good place to work where work/life balance is a strength
Director, Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Enjoy working with colleagues and key stakeholders researching emerging trends and determining which would be most beneficial if implemented.

Partnering with others on the implementation of new technologies such as RPA, AI, ML, etc.
Excellent Company
Oracle Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 4, 2018
Excellent company to work for if you are not interacting offshore in the evenings part of the IT structure. Very formal and very process oriented culture.
low compensation
Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 23, 2018
Some workers must clock in. The compensation is low and there is high turnover. Very little opportunity to advance. The company lacks diversity.The pay raises are low.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
low compensation
outdated office space
ETF Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 20, 2018
Drained office culture, a lot of the employees seem slightly unhappy. Other companies that rent space on our campus have many more employee perks including free food in our cafe.
A little too micro-managed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked in customer service, answering calls from shareholders and financial advisors. All our calls are recorded, and some are randomly selected for review. The degree to which these calls were assessed with a fine-toothed comb was incredibly aggravating, and the cause of much disciplinary action; for example, the difference between saying that a specific fund was "heavily invested in the healthcare industry" vs "has heavy exposure to the healthcare industry." I found myself feeling stifled and suffocated, and unable to move to another department, despite 2 years of trying.
Pros
Great 401k matching
Cons
stifling.
Best company to work for.
Planned Giving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2018
Franklin Templeton Investments was the best company I ever worked for. They offered job growth through career development training. Employees were fairly treated. The company had a great benefit package as well as 401k. It was a competitive atmosphere but that allowed each employee to be challenged in their department.
Good company, good management, very pleasant
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed very much working at Franklin Templeton Funds. It was the ideal work environment. The immediate management as well as the upper management are just perfect as the seek to bring the best out of them.
Pros
Almost perfectwork environment.
Cons
Usual business pressure to complete the work
Company is too big and global.
Global Regulatory Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 11, 2018
Overall a really good company to work for and even retire with, but there is no room for (upward) mobility. Management in some levels needs to be improved.
Pros
Good site facilities and benefits
Cons
No room for advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin Templeton Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight