Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 2, 2018
Wish compensation was higher for those who work harder rather than split equally, but overall have loved working here! I love I get the flexibility to work from home when needed and can adjust my schedule to tend to my children school events.
Internal Wholesales/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2018
This was a good place to work. I learned a lot about the Mutual Funds world. After 9/11 changes were made in the department and I was let go. It has been a long time since then so I can't comment much on how it is to work there now.
good place to work but compensation is way below market
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 21, 2018
good job stability and general working environment. however, 10% of the people do 90% of the work and those that do the work don't necessarily get compensated. pay is way below market.
Pros
stability
Cons
compensation
productive, exciting, ever changing
Senior Associate Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 19, 2018
steady busy
managing money, accounts, retirement, legal
management is wonderful
work culture friendly, helpful, caring
the hardest part was leaving - still miss it
everything about the job
Pros
growth potencial
Cons
FA calls
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2018
When I rehired as the receptionist it was okay until they gave me back the reports that I had from my previous Admin. Asst. position.
That was way too much work with the busy switch board, clients coming desk for appts., lunches and dry cleaning being delivered and me having to call the employees letting them know this. Handing all building issues and security badgeing issues, plus doing my reports from my previous admin. job. When I had to go to the bathroom, I could never find my two releif guys and I developed gastritis from my nerves. After a while this got much worse and I have a nervous breakdown and had to resign.
Fun, but Demanding
Assistant Director of Customer Acquisition (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
It was a great job with amazing pay and benefits, but demanded almost to perfection. You work at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. You need the weekend to prepare for the following week.
Franklin Templeton
TA OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 24, 2018
The culture at this job site is that they are very considerate of their employees and their needs. They provide you with the best quality of life and they make the workplace as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Who you know matters
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 13, 2018
Individuals and teams are very collaborative and exciting to work with. To advance, it felt like it was more important who you knew than it was how you contributed. As a fairly small organization, career advancement was better found outside the organization.
Poor management in the TA
Sr. TA Retirement Specialist/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 4, 2018
I worked for Franklin Templeton for over 10 years in the TA. Over the years the moral has gone down. It is now a revolving door and no one is happy. The Managers and Supervisors don't promote you unless you are apart of their click. They don't give the tenured employees who have been there through all the ups and downs a chance to move up unless you are a favorite. The pay scale is on the lower end for the industry and they are hiring people with less no skills at all and expect the tenured to train them. in the past 3 years the average a person stays is 1 year.

Advice to Management listen to the concerns of their employees who have been there at least years.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
clicks among management; favortism, micro manage; pay is on lower end of the scale for this industry
Interesting
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 4, 2018
I was only contracted through Aerotec so I wasn't a full time employee. I was originally there for data entry but somehow I was put in the mail room being paid 15 dollars an hour
Wonderful environment where you helped many people with retirement.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work included processing, phone calls to both back offices and clients, assisting Offshore associates getting documents in good order and lots of research for legal items and items not in good order.
I learned to be flexible as I worked in a dozen or more departments via re-balance to departments where assistance was needed.
Management did not micro manage, they trusted you to do your job.
Workplace was interesting and fun place to work.
The hardest part of our job was very high work volumes with few employees, however it was a challenge which I like.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the research, which is one of my best skills.
Pros
Very generious with vacation time, and alternate work schedule.
Cons
Long commute
Excellent place to work with great benefits
Facilities (Current Employee) –  FLApril 3, 2018
Excellent place to work with great benefits. Opportunities for advancement within the company. Strive to create culture where employees want to stay and grow.
Good for a Job, Not a Career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 2, 2018
Happiness with the company is contingent on where you are at. If its Sales, Marketing, or Compliance life is peachy and there is an opportunity to learn and grow until you've got the chops to make it elsewhere...if in Operations or Customer Service not so much. Constant revolving doors, childish micro-management, lots of office politics, workers at other global sites are often lazy and/or incompetent with none of the repercussions experienced locally. Poor training on specialized processes is the norm in the TA, then results are often nit-picked when much greater macro problems are apparent.
Pros
On-Site Fitness Center
Cons
Cafeteria went downhill recently
Good training for m y internship with Regional Occupational Program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 30, 2018
There was no typical day here, and you had to be creative and think on your feet. This was an internship and I liked my short stint working for Franklin Templeton, which was overall a good experience.
Pros
Nice safe place to work, security guards.
Cons
Foster City which was far away from where I lived at the time.
nice
Project Manager, Global Systems (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 21, 2018
While it is true that we have seen a big run up in global equities, they remain attractively valued. This is true of their valuation vis-a-vis the US, but also and importantly it is true in respect to their current level versus their historical valuation levels.
Price to book and PE are very different internationally than in the US.
Valuations are only one factor to consider. What about growth where will that come from?
Well one thing of note is that projections for economic growth point to a broadening base of growth.
The IMF projects that both developed ex-US, and EM markets ex-China, are likely to see a drastically changed picture in terms of growth
Strict culture
Production Manager, Creative Services (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 20, 2018
Due to fact that Franklin is a financial company, it's culture is based on finances and is tight and strict. Other departments might not be as strict, but one has to constantly follow the Franklin culture
The outdoor environment was beautiful with plants and a large water fountain to sit around.
Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 14, 2018
It was highly stressful. We had to work all day with only a lunch break, we could go to the restroom, but it was expected to have that done during lunch. Everything was monitored, our phone calls were recorded, if we made 2 mistakes, like not saying the clients name 3 times we were written up. If we clocked in more than 5 minutes early or was 1 minute late we were written up. If we didn't have 95% accuracy on our paperwork we were written up. We weren't allowed to have conversations with the people who sat next to us.
Pros
They had a beautiful outdoor area
Cons
A time clock
Longevity which may not always be a good thing
Senior Software Asset Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 14, 2018
Culture is quiet, processes are lacking and hard to change. typical day is working on my own at my own pace, not much management and guidance. Coworkers are nice, just not a lot of interaction
Pros
people
Cons
commute, strict culture
Fine place to work
team lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 13, 2018
Work is constantly changing, and is challenging, but focus on off-shoring work makes US opportunities is impacting US wage increases. Do appreciate the mix of men and women in management roles.
Pros
Excellent benefits and 401k match
Cons
Low salary, offshoring most work, lack of US opportunities
Fast pace securities environment
Portfolio Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 13, 2018
Productive and fast pace place to work. Provided great benefits and all other professional tools to succeed. Easy access to transportation and other businesses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin Templeton Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight