Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Oracle Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 4, 2018
Excellent company to work for if you are not interacting offshore in the evenings part of the IT structure. Very formal and very process oriented culture.
low compensation
Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 23, 2018
Some workers must clock in. The compensation is low and there is high turnover. Very little opportunity to advance. The company lacks diversity.The pay raises are low.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
low compensation
outdated office space
ETF Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 20, 2018
Drained office culture, a lot of the employees seem slightly unhappy. Other companies that rent space on our campus have many more employee perks including free food in our cafe.
A little too micro-managed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked in customer service, answering calls from shareholders and financial advisors. All our calls are recorded, and some are randomly selected for review. The degree to which these calls were assessed with a fine-toothed comb was incredibly aggravating, and the cause of much disciplinary action; for example, the difference between saying that a specific fund was "heavily invested in the healthcare industry" vs "has heavy exposure to the healthcare industry." I found myself feeling stifled and suffocated, and unable to move to another department, despite 2 years of trying.
Pros
Great 401k matching
Cons
stifling.
Best company to work for.
Planned Giving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 7, 2018
Franklin Templeton Investments was the best company I ever worked for. They offered job growth through career development training. Employees were fairly treated. The company had a great benefit package as well as 401k. It was a competitive atmosphere but that allowed each employee to be challenged in their department.
Good company, good management, very pleasant
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed very much working at Franklin Templeton Funds. It was the ideal work environment. The immediate management as well as the upper management are just perfect as the seek to bring the best out of them.
Pros
Almost perfectwork environment.
Cons
Usual business pressure to complete the work
Company is too big and global.
Global Regulatory Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 11, 2018
Overall a really good company to work for and even retire with, but there is no room for (upward) mobility. Management in some levels needs to be improved.
Pros
Good site facilities and benefits
Cons
No room for advancements
Great Place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 2, 2018
Wish compensation was higher for those who work harder rather than split equally, but overall have loved working here! I love I get the flexibility to work from home when needed and can adjust my schedule to tend to my children school events.
Internal Wholesales/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2018
This was a good place to work. I learned a lot about the Mutual Funds world. After 9/11 changes were made in the department and I was let go. It has been a long time since then so I can't comment much on how it is to work there now.
good place to work but compensation is way below market
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 21, 2018
good job stability and general working environment. however, 10% of the people do 90% of the work and those that do the work don't necessarily get compensated. pay is way below market.
Pros
stability
Cons
compensation
productive, exciting, ever changing
Senior Associate Customer Operations (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 19, 2018
steady busy
managing money, accounts, retirement, legal
management is wonderful
work culture friendly, helpful, caring
the hardest part was leaving - still miss it
everything about the job
Pros
growth potencial
Cons
FA calls
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2018
When I rehired as the receptionist it was okay until they gave me back the reports that I had from my previous Admin. Asst. position.
That was way too much work with the busy switch board, clients coming desk for appts., lunches and dry cleaning being delivered and me having to call the employees letting them know this. Handing all building issues and security badgeing issues, plus doing my reports from my previous admin. job. When I had to go to the bathroom, I could never find my two releif guys and I developed gastritis from my nerves. After a while this got much worse and I have a nervous breakdown and had to resign.
Fun, but Demanding
Assistant Director of Customer Acquisition (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
It was a great job with amazing pay and benefits, but demanded almost to perfection. You work at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. You need the weekend to prepare for the following week.
Franklin Templeton
TA OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 24, 2018
The culture at this job site is that they are very considerate of their employees and their needs. They provide you with the best quality of life and they make the workplace as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Who you know matters
Senior Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 13, 2018
Individuals and teams are very collaborative and exciting to work with. To advance, it felt like it was more important who you knew than it was how you contributed. As a fairly small organization, career advancement was better found outside the organization.
Poor management in the TA
Sr. TA Retirement Specialist/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 4, 2018
I worked for Franklin Templeton for over 10 years in the TA. Over the years the moral has gone down. It is now a revolving door and no one is happy. The Managers and Supervisors don't promote you unless you are apart of their click. They don't give the tenured employees who have been there through all the ups and downs a chance to move up unless you are a favorite. The pay scale is on the lower end for the industry and they are hiring people with less no skills at all and expect the tenured to train them. in the past 3 years the average a person stays is 1 year.

Advice to Management listen to the concerns of their employees who have been there at least years.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
clicks among management; favortism, micro manage; pay is on lower end of the scale for this industry
Interesting
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 4, 2018
I was only contracted through Aerotec so I wasn't a full time employee. I was originally there for data entry but somehow I was put in the mail room being paid 15 dollars an hour
Wonderful environment where you helped many people with retirement.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work included processing, phone calls to both back offices and clients, assisting Offshore associates getting documents in good order and lots of research for legal items and items not in good order.
I learned to be flexible as I worked in a dozen or more departments via re-balance to departments where assistance was needed.
Management did not micro manage, they trusted you to do your job.
Workplace was interesting and fun place to work.
The hardest part of our job was very high work volumes with few employees, however it was a challenge which I like.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the research, which is one of my best skills.
Pros
Very generious with vacation time, and alternate work schedule.
Cons
Long commute
Excellent place to work with great benefits
Facilities (Current Employee) –  FLApril 3, 2018
Excellent place to work with great benefits. Opportunities for advancement within the company. Strive to create culture where employees want to stay and grow.
Good for a Job, Not a Career
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 2, 2018
Happiness with the company is contingent on where you are at. If its Sales, Marketing, or Compliance life is peachy and there is an opportunity to learn and grow until you've got the chops to make it elsewhere...if in Operations or Customer Service not so much. Constant revolving doors, childish micro-management, lots of office politics, workers at other global sites are often lazy and/or incompetent with none of the repercussions experienced locally. Poor training on specialized processes is the norm in the TA, then results are often nit-picked when much greater macro problems are apparent.
Pros
On-Site Fitness Center
Cons
Cafeteria went downhill recently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin Templeton Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight