FranklinCovey Employee Reviews

Great Work Life Balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 25, 2019
There is not room for (or encouragement) for advancement within the organization. The content is world class, but employees are not encouraged or able to apply content areas because it is a fast paced environment.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no room for advancement
This is a great company
Master Scheduler/Public Program Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 22, 2018
This company practices what they preach. The people are great. My department was eliminated so I was laid off. I also move right about the time of the lay-off. That meant I could not transfer to another department.
Pros
They believe in their mission
Cons
The business is getting smaller
AWFUL leadership! The executives are all related and know nothing about business or the space they are in. Fire all of them!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
The products were relevant in the past, but they have lost their appeal to the customers. I have never worked for a more nepotistic company full of people who have no outside knowledge or experience. Someone is related to someone else and those ties are deep. Real innovation is not at all funded or even listened to as the men in the executive team seem to "know best." There are no processes or structure in any of the parts of the business and they are staffed so poorly that some people are on the verge of complete breakdowns and will leave. The entire company hinges on only a very few doing the work.
Pros
If you don't want or need leadership then it might be good
Cons
Out of touch executives, nepotism, lack of any real expertise in ANY of the roles, lack of investment to staff realistically.
great culture
Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 22, 2018
everyone is so warm and cares about each other. Amazing opportunities and amazing people. Truly felt like a work family. Focused on personal growth!!!
Superior products that the company disregards internally
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2018
The content developed by Dr. Covey & subsequent experts is rich, valuable, and timeless. The products offered will and do change performance and enhance corporate bottom line when followed. Like many many reviews out there, the biggest gripe with the company is that they don't eat their own dog food, as it's said.

FranklinCovey is a $300M company, selling its training solutions to fortune 500 & major global companies. Selling products to transform corporations from the top down, changing productivity, etc. However, FC doesn't do any of this on a corporate level. It's like selling a Mercedes but too good to drive one themselves, they'll drive domestic.

Further, nepotism reigns supreme within FC. If you're not a descendent of the founders, related to, or close family ties, you're limited to the extent your career will climb. Expect to remain stagnant.
Pros
Amazing people, brilliant minds
Cons
Stuck in time, 20 years ago
Great Culture !
Senior Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2018
Best place to work ever... I am no longer working full time. However, I love the company so much... I am still working as a contact worker,now.
Studying organizational behavior under Dr. Stephen R. Covey and researching “How to Increase Talent Performance”, have shaped the way I see and develop human capital.
I find happiness in bringing business relevance to a learning experience, assessing needs, creating strategic plans, curriculum development and implementing training programs. Having an opportunity to work on a learning and development team and contribute talent to the success of FranklinCovey has given me a strong sense of accomplishment and purpose.
Pros
People
Cons
My market is too full with people wanting to work here
Great working experience.
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV and Sanata Ana, CaliforniaNovember 2, 2017
FranklinCovey working experience was above standard. The culture..work ethics..management and working conditions were in a class by itself.. Team players from top management to sales staff.
A great organization. Staff recognition and appreciation!!!
Amazing Culture and Benefits
Strategic Learning and Development Guide (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2017
Working at FranklinCovey is amazing. I love the culture and environment. Its like working with family. I absolutely love everyone I worked with and the benefits were very good. They give great PTO.
FranklinCovey
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2017
I worked there many years. I loved the people I worked with. Other the past few years - Franklin's culture changed. It used to be a place where employee's were valued. More and more, the staff (non sales related role) role became less appreciated. The company is very top heavy with very little support staff to help those who are in sales.
Nice place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2017
Not worked there in long time so don't feel giving a review is appropriate any longer. Would have no clue what the typical day is anymore as the culture has evolved I am quite sure.
A for Effort!
Client Partner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 11, 2017
FranklinCovey might just be one of the best companies in America to work for, with incredible management and the highest caliber of employees anywhere! Growth demand has compromised their mission in some areas.
Pros
Respectful environment. Principle-based.
Cons
Share holders impact overall quality.
Great company
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 20, 2017
It has been far to long since I have worked with this company. I do not believe that anything I have to say would have any relevance to today's environment.
I really like working here, nice and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
I give this place 2 thumbs up, great location, great hours, and great job! It was nice to come to work, and answer customer service calls, and feel like I was making a difference is someone' s life. The products basically sold themselves
Pros
free lunches, goodies
Productive and fun work place
Sr. Client Partner (Current Employee) –  Mexico citySeptember 3, 2016
It is a very good transnational company. My co-workers are nice and they have a great attitude to help and work as a team. I have learned that if it is going to be it is up to me, everything in life is possible. My boss is a very good leader, so that is the most enjoyable part of the job, the hardest is the package of benefits that is not very attractive.
Pros
Training, Free planners
Benefits
Great place to work as long as the stock price is high
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 15, 2016
Great place to work, unless the stock takes a plunge. Then, as a public company, it gets very weird and complicated. Certainly take a look.
typical work day
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2015
Schedule on-site training with Corporate clients. Place facilitator orders. Create invoices and manage accounts Work directly with internal and external clients within the US and Internationally.
Pros
great people
Cons
work life balance is difficult
Antiquated phone and computer systems
Seasonal Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 23, 2015
This call center was a joke. The training I received consisted of me going through stacks of worksheets by myself. The software used to take orders is buggy and very hard to learn. Once you're out on the phones, you have no help at all. One holiday season was more than enough for me..
Pros
Nice cafeteria, never have to work weekends
Cons
short lunches, schedule changes constantly, management completely inaccessible
Supportive, Growth-Oriented Culture
Inside Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2015
This is a culture of people who legitimately care about your success, and although they aren't always able to live out the principles they teach, they actively try to practice what they preach. Great, supportive culture, especially for entry-level employees.
Pros
Culture, People, Great Cause
Cons
Short-staffed
An exciting new sales opportunity
Federal Government Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at work at FranklinCovey would involve me contacting as many people as possible through phone calls, emails, news letters, etc. and selling them on the time management courses that FranklinCovey offered. I was specifically in the Federal Government Division of FranklinCovey, so I dealt with government agencies from across the U.S.

I learned that sales is definitely an up and down job, but if you stay persistent and diligent with your work, things will always come back around and surprise you in a good way. There were a couple occasions where I might get discouraged at my lack of sales in one particular day, but then the next day I would get double what I ever expected, and everything would be great again.

Since the Federal Government Division was brand new when I joined, there weren't many of us to begin with. We had the manager of the division, who I would go to for big issues, but for any small questions I had, I would usually just ask fellow co-workers what they felt was best and we would brainstorm about any potential ideas for making ourselves and our division better.

The hardest part of my job was the schedule. I was attending school full time while working in sales, and that became difficult to stay on top of emails and phone calls that I would receive while I was in school. I missed out on many chances to receive commission just because I was not present in the office and they had nobody there to cover for me while I attended school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was impressing management by doing a good job. Everybody likes a little
  more... praise every now and then, and I especially enjoyed when I was noticed for my hard work and positive attitude. Working hard at work carried over into my personal life, and I truly believe that it helped me get through college because I had the mindset to do whatever it took to learn the material.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, many team building activities, close to home
Cons
Working while attending school, many people there to help whenever needed
Client Partner/Sales Representative
Client Partner/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Client Partner/Sales Representative - presenting and selling solutions to key decision makers within targeted accounts. Territory included Central Texas.
•Brought new product offering to the market
•Reinvigorated stagnant client base and won new business
•Created prospecting program for 100 accounts with 1000 employees and $10 million in revenue
•Met or exceeded sales goals/quota with first quarter and ongoing.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
The rest of my team was in Dallas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FranklinCovey. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight