Franz Family Bakeries Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
n/a
Tractor Trailer Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2017
They don,t train you at all for Job at all Management is bad from top I injoy the pay and Safety on job is very poor not good and in warehouse is so hot to work in.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Hard work, good pay
Safety Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 5, 2017
If you are looking for a place to work that pays well, this is the place. The work is hard and the days off are split. This job provides a comfortable living for a young family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Split days off
Quality place to work with dedicated employees
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 4, 2016
Great co-workers with a management staff passionate for the industry. The company has a large amount of family members at all levels of responsibility performing a variety of functions. Easy to work with just about anyone as everyone is invested in the company due to excellent benefits and making a product which benefits everyone.
Great Place To Work
STORE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORFebruary 6, 2016
I love working with Franz. They have great employees and they are always looking out for their teams. The job is not too strenuous. If you enjoy working with people and are someone with a positive attitude you will fit in wonderfully.
wonderful place to work!
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 16, 2014
I loved this place!! The benefits and pay are awesome! Loved the smell of fresh bread and the people there are like family. It is a union position. Love this place!
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Fast paced hard working environment, in time things get easier
Relief Foreman/Breakman (Former Employee) –  Portland ORApril 17, 2014
Typical day at Franz starts at the time clock. Don't forget your salt intake and water. Prepare to sweat cause the heat and the work sets in fast. I did breaks so it was 20-40 min increments at each position. Don't mess with a guys break when its 100 plus degrees. lol. I learned a lot at Franz. I started there after high school and became foreman at a really young age. It takes a lot to learn all your machines co-workers and understanding of what exactly is expected of you in such short time. But if you are determined and prepare for a hard day of work you can overcome any obstacle. Most of the people that work there are really cool, and the people that aren't are the ones you work harder for and earn their respect. I think the hardest part of the job was the heat and heavy lifting, but over time it gets easier, didn't even break a sweat last year, while the newbies where soaked through their shirts. Most enjoyable part was knowing how much of a difference I could make, training new guys, giving extra breaks, and getting paid to work out.
Pros
Good pay, good benies
Cons
hard work, not for the average person.