Fraser Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Too Much Turnover in Management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 14, 2018
Fraser is a company that means well and does a lot of good in the community. However, there was far too much turnover within the housing division at the management level which led to problems not only for the staff but also for the residents. Working with the residents was, as most DSPs I'm sure can tell you, simultaneously the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Productive, supportive work environment.
Senior Program Assistant/Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work was assisting adults with behavioral or cognitive
limitations lead a fulfilling, productive life.

Management was supportive and instructional.

Workplace culture was relaxed, supportive and diverse.

The hardest part of the job was not reacting to circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the individuals served grow and prosper.
Pros
Paid activities and food.
Cons
Trying to meet individuals where they were mentally and socially.
Stifling Culture
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMay 27, 2018
Fraser has a very specific mold for who they allow to be successful. If you go beyond that or try to bring in innovation, they shut you down and slowly grind you down until they find a reason to get rid of you. If you fit the mold, you're fine. Other than sub-par pay/benefits and technology.
Growing and changing, opportunities for development
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2018
The environment is very collaborative. I'm learning a lot in my field and have a lot of opportunity for growth. Fast-paced/fast-growing. There is a good balance of PTO and my job is flexible. If you do your job well you are given more flexibility and pay for performance.
laid back
DSP 2 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2018
just don't pay enough, also a lot of pay row mistakes, The people that live in the homes are great. They have cap on salary which is not good for cost of living
Great place
CADI Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNApril 6, 2018
Great place to work for, promoted team work. Supervisors were supportive and co-workers are ready to help when needed. Open door policy and were encouraging on difficult cases
Site was good and do we're my co-workers, management was a different story.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 26, 2018
I loved working for the site I was at, gave a two week notice worked all my shifts about six months later put in a another application it was excepted, was going to meet with site PC and all of a sudden I'm not a candidate for rehire really but a week ago I was.
Pros
Paid millage
Cons
No scheduled breaks
Good Company, Poor Work/Life Balance
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed being a contract Case Manager for Fraser. My clients and their teams were great. Upon being promoted the work/life balance became out of control.
Pros
Working with and for caring people
Cons
Poor Work/Life Balance
At Fraser the children come second
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 23, 2018
They work you to the bone, give little thanks and only build clinics in rich neighborhoods. Managers are rude and unintelligent and lower level staff are blamed for the mistakes that are made. You are expected to accept a lower pay because its a non-profit but most of the higher ups drive new luxury cars.
Pros
The children
Cons
Lack of commitment to the mission
Fun work environment
Assisting residents (Former Employee) –  2902 University DriveFebruary 20, 2018
Typical work day at the site was filled with fun and everyone working together. Though the management style at the site was not too good, overall, Fraser is a nice organization.
did not like management
Senior Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 23, 2018
there was no communication with house staff and management, they were sneaky and some had joke that were no funny but may have been to others. however i seen no staff appreciaiton
Lacked training, any feedback,
Client Services - Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 8, 2018
During my time at Fraser the computer was down multiple days and there was not an opportunity to catch up. Current supervisor stepped down, not good.
Pros
flexible lunches
Cons
stuck at the desk, EMR system out of date, wait list for kids went back several years.
Stressful
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 26, 2017
I came in for work and there was no food to cook for clients in the morning. PC does not coordinate schedules and cause new staff that is not trained to be left alone without being fully trained. Short staff.
I enjoy the clients but not how the company run the group home
Benefits
Excellent management
Therapy Trainee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 24, 2017
A typical day working with kids through mental health was stressful but rewarding. The staff was always supportive with one another. I learned that every child is different and that you must have patience when helping them improve social and play skills.
Rewarding work and great people
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 13, 2017
Fraser is a great place to work, and I haven't met a co-worker I did not like in the almost 2 years I have worked there. The pay is good considering the job in comparison to other companies, but it is definitely not what I would consider good pay overall. Also, if a client gets sick or hurt while you are working, you need to fill out paperwork and handle talking with managers over the phone during your time off, which is difficult when you have multiple jobs.
Pros
Good people, help others, flexible hours
Cons
Pay isn't that good, sometimes have to do work outside of your hours
Worst place to work
HR Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 20, 2017
I worked at Fraser for almost two years and it was not a good experience. Poor management even in a professional setting, low pay for the amount of work you do, bad benefits, not diverse, not progressive at all.
Fraser
Senior Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Fraser is a great place to learn skills about children with Autism. Over the last 3 and a half years of working at Fraser I was able to learn much about Autism Spectrum Disorder. I worked as leader of a team to implement early intervention strategies to help children before they were entering preschool or kindergarten. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to see kids come in and go through our program and leave having the skills necessary to be more successful out in the community, at school, and in the home.
Pros
Flexible, Good Supervisors, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Poor Compensation, Short-staffed, Poor communication
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNAugust 26, 2017
This is the the best HR group I have worked for thus far. The organization is able to recognize strengths of individual divisions and employees which made it great when solving problems and moving the organization forward.
cool
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 19, 2017
boring place to work. if you like fast paced dont work here. clients treat you horrible and management does nothing other than call police gross hated it
Great team but low pay
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 22, 2017
Great training to staff and communication between PCAs and supervisors. PCAs can take on as many or as few clients as wanted. However, at the time I was employed the pay was low and there was no health insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight