Fraser Employee Reviews

Not supportive
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 24, 2018
The pay and non-supportive environment is not worth your time if you plan on being a Behavior Technician. The stressful setting and poor/non-supportive management is not nice to work around. The 13.50 pay is not worth the PTO that you don't really get to use.

BUT! The BT's and rBT's are amazing co-workers! They help and lookout for other BTs's in the room while you work with a client.

If you can get over the poverty line pay and stressful environment, than this job it just for you!
Pros
Co-workers, clients in the ABA program
Cons
usage of PTO, management, supportive environment
Systemic dysfunction, great clients
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 30, 2018
The clients are super fun (sometimes challenging) to work with but coworkers are really good about helping one and other. Fraser has some major problems as far as managing employees. The benefits and compensation are horrendous. Staff rarely stays in my program (ABA) for more than a year but Fraser does not seem to care because they haven’t changed any policies. It is strange that they don’t have more programs and policies to support their staff since they provide mental health services but this is not a priority for their staff. If you want to go this route, find a different company to work for that actually cares about employees.
Pros
Fun clients, good coworkers
Cons
Awful PTO policy, lack of communication, poor compensation, no options for advancement
Case mis- management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNOctober 27, 2018
I’m disappointed with the management and how carrots are dangled for raises and promotions ...But if you do not fit into the Fraser family or make a supervisor upset. Yikes. No accountability for the middle management just passing on the respect
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
No work/ life balance poorly managed
I love my job and am learning a lot
Mental Health Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 25, 2018
I have been working with Fraser for 5 months and am really enjoying it. My supervisors are supportive towards my learning experience and I love working with children on the autism spectrum and their families.
Too Much Turnover in Management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 14, 2018
Fraser is a company that means well and does a lot of good in the community. However, there was far too much turnover within the housing division at the management level which led to problems not only for the staff but also for the residents. Working with the residents was, as most DSPs I'm sure can tell you, simultaneously the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Management is awful... HR is oblivious to whats going on.
Crew consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Very difficult to fit in with the program do not back up employees.
HR is completely unprofessional,found some to be prejudice and demeaning. Would not recommend Fraser yachts to anyone.
Productive, supportive work environment.
Senior Program Assistant/Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work was assisting adults with behavioral or cognitive
limitations lead a fulfilling, productive life.

Management was supportive and instructional.

Workplace culture was relaxed, supportive and diverse.

The hardest part of the job was not reacting to circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the individuals served grow and prosper.
Pros
Paid activities and food.
Cons
Trying to meet individuals where they were mentally and socially.
Fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNNovember 14, 2018
you have about f clients in the house you help them with day to day activites, like cooking and cleaning and community time, you also help with behavior plans
Pros
always something to due
Cons
low pay
Awesome Culture, but Experiencing Growth Pains
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2018
Fraser has an awesome culture, but as the agency grows, it feels less personal and relaxed and more micromanaged. The salary is low for the amount of stressful work that is completed.
Pros
Cons
Salary, Work Environment
Stifling Culture
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMay 27, 2018
Fraser has a very specific mold for who they allow to be successful. If you go beyond that or try to bring in innovation, they shut you down and slowly grind you down until they find a reason to get rid of you. If you fit the mold, you're fine. Other than sub-par pay/benefits and technology.
Growing and changing, opportunities for development
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2018
The environment is very collaborative. I'm learning a lot in my field and have a lot of opportunity for growth. Fast-paced/fast-growing. There is a good balance of PTO and my job is flexible. If you do your job well you are given more flexibility and pay for performance.
Site was good and do we're my co-workers, management was a different story.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 26, 2018
I loved working for the site I was at, gave a two week notice worked all my shifts about six months later put in a another application it was excepted, was going to meet with site PC and all of a sudden I'm not a candidate for rehire really but a week ago I was.
Pros
Paid millage
Cons
No scheduled breaks
At Fraser the children come second
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 23, 2018
They work you to the bone, give little thanks and only build clinics in rich neighborhoods. Managers are rude and unintelligent and lower level staff are blamed for the mistakes that are made. You are expected to accept a lower pay because its a non-profit but most of the higher ups drive new luxury cars.
Pros
The children
Cons
Lack of commitment to the mission
fun workplace
program staff (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 3, 2018
Fraser is okay for a starter job, but not as a career job. Fraser hired lots of teenagers without experience and clients were moved around a lot. There were lack of communications sometimes and not a lot of support
Good Company, Poor Work/Life Balance
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed being a contract Case Manager for Fraser. My clients and their teams were great. Upon being promoted the work/life balance became out of control.
Pros
Working with and for caring people
Cons
Poor Work/Life Balance
Great place
CADI Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNApril 6, 2018
Great place to work for, promoted team work. Supervisors were supportive and co-workers are ready to help when needed. Open door policy and were encouraging on difficult cases
laid back
DSP 2 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2018
just don't pay enough, also a lot of pay row mistakes, The people that live in the homes are great. They have cap on salary which is not good for cost of living
Rewarding work and great people
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 13, 2017
Fraser is a great place to work, and I haven't met a co-worker I did not like in the almost 2 years I have worked there. The pay is good considering the job in comparison to other companies, but it is definitely not what I would consider good pay overall. Also, if a client gets sick or hurt while you are working, you need to fill out paperwork and handle talking with managers over the phone during your time off, which is difficult when you have multiple jobs.
Pros
Good people, help others, flexible hours
Cons
Pay isn't that good, sometimes have to do work outside of your hours
Lacked training, any feedback,
Client Services - Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 8, 2018
During my time at Fraser the computer was down multiple days and there was not an opportunity to catch up. Current supervisor stepped down, not good.
Pros
flexible lunches
Cons
stuck at the desk, EMR system out of date, wait list for kids went back several years.
Fun work environment
Assisting residents (Former Employee) –  2902 University DriveFebruary 20, 2018
Typical work day at the site was filled with fun and everyone working together. Though the management style at the site was not too good, overall, Fraser is a nice organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight