Frasier Meadows

Frasier Meadows Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
I enjoyed working for Frasier the residents where wonderful to care for. the staff was also nice to work with. It is a relaxed place to work, and quite a bit of over time if you are looking for additional hours.
The environment is always one of change. the CEO is an egotistical man who is not very smart. He makes sure that only board members who will rubber-stamp whatever radical new idea he proposes are placed on the Board. He only hires Upper Level Management that will support his radical agenda -- not ones who will actually stand up to bad ideas and hold him accountable.

The CEO and his favorites in Management are paid OBSCENE amounts of money. Remember, this is supposed to be a 5013-C Non-Profit! These people are paid huge salaries and are given bonuses on top of that -- all for being nothing but his Favorites. If the Residents who pay an ever-increasing amount of money for the privilege of living in a constant Construction Zone ever realized how their money is being wasted, they would be LIVID!

For an organization that is supposed to reflect the Methodist principles of John Wesley (who they still have quotes from posted in their facility) they resemble NOTHING that looks like anything that Jesus would recognize -- or be pleased with.

It is a toxic place of chaos because of the utterly bad leadership that is in place.
Pros
on-site cafeteria
Cons
low pay, poor incentives for excellence, and a lot of favoritism by Upper-Level Management
I really enjoyed my PT position with my first supervisor. She was very interested in my recommendations for improvement. We actively worked on a process improvement project until she left.

Overall, the organization has great interactions with their clients and those clients were very loyal to the organization and its employees.
Pros
Low key, friendly management
Cons
no benefits for PT, limited opportunities for advancement
It's a good place to work with good management and the best part is the residents are soo much co operative and helpful. It is situated in the beautiful place which is safe.
Management is not to be trusted. Watch your back. Long term employees released and jobs eliminated without any notice. No loyalty. Wages are not commensurate with experience and lack of support for career development.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Management has no respect for their long term employees and their commitment to Frasier.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Caring work environment making it's way through changing times. This multi tiered facility strives at being the best it can be while paving the way for a new culture in new times.
Awesome place to work! Definitely fast paced, as you would expect in a nursing home/skilled nursing setting but staff was wonderful and residents were sweet.
Very disappointing place to work. The leadership/management team have no idea what they are doing and the place functions only because of over-worked, dedicated staff. The CEO and his "leadership" team are a joke. This place needs to be reorganized with a whole new management team. The residents are paying so much money to live here and they deserve better. Unethical decisions are being made regarding residents' care. Shame on the leadership team and Board of Directors for letting things get to this place and allowing it to continue dispite reports of employees reporting their concerns.
Pros
Coworkers were nice
Cons
Poor leadership, no training
Poor leadership. No training or support. Many staff have gone years without having adequate training or support from their supervisors. Focus is on the new building but the residents and staff currently living/working are being forgotten. The onboarding process was poor-one day of computer training for basic info, the rest is "figure it out on your own." Very disappointing. Management needs to wake up but I don't think they care enough to change.
Pros
Nice residents and coworkers
Cons
Leadership/management team is unavailable
Management is not available and does not support staff. Management is most concerned about making money and making sure their apartments are filled. Staff are overworked and staff are taking on roles that they are not trained for. The leadership team makes it clear that they do not want to make changes. There is no onboarding or training and staff are left to fend for themselves. The mgmt team has no sense of what is going on in the day to day operations, but ultimately they make the final decisions about things. Staff are very stressed and unhappy. Poor communication. Many staff that are in leadership positions do not have the skills to carry out their job responsibilities. There is a lack of support and guidance. Many of the management team members speaks poorly about staff. Management is not aware of the policies or procedures, or there aren't any in place. Bad behavior-unethical decisions-by leadership is allowed.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No training, no communication
I love working here, everyone is friendly, lots of opportunity for growth within the company. The PTO is amazing, and all employees receive discounted meals at the restaurant inside.Its also a beautiful building, well maintained. Amazing view of Flat Irons.
Pros
Discounted Meals, Great CEO, 200 Hours PTO
It is great place to work. I like working 12 hours 3 days a week. Great pay with good benefit. but, I wanted to work less days with more hours. I have children and 5 days a week is hard.
Pros
great pay
Cons
8 hours/5 days a week
A good place to work, very little to no advancement opportunities. A place for the elderly so if you don't like all that comes with it not a good place for you.
Pros
Food and great co-workers
Cons
No opportunities
Frasier Meadows cares deeply about their residents as well as their employees. Constructive criticism is always taken into consideration and they reward employees through positive reinforcement, which makes anyone happy to work there. My only issue is the Relias training that's due every month because it's hard to get that done while taking care of residents but that is my only complaint.
Pros
7 residents to 1 CNA ratio
Cons
Relias training due every month
Frasier Meadows is filled with a lot of really great people to work with. The residents are fantastic, educated and spirited elderly....loved it. I would work here, if I lived in Boulder.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Construction at the time, finished now....
Great job! Best ratios I've experienced in long term care where patients aren't in a lower level of observation than needed. Clean, beautiful, where almost all staff is happy!
Pros
Free benefits!
Cons
cant think of any!
I worked for Frasier Meadows for close to 11 years. I was lucky to be able to work in the Independent Living/retirement community area. Unfortunately, at the point when I left, the "family" feel that I had always enjoyed working at Frasier was being replaced with a more corporate attitude.
The benefits at Frasier were excellent at the point when I worked there.
Pros
Nice, well-maintained place to work, excellent benefits
Cons
Don't like to let people use their PTO, but can only accrue 200 hours PTO before losing it.
I loved working at Frasier and was sad when I had to leave to return to school as a full-time student. Mostly everyone there was extremely nice including management, HR, and residents. There were only a few co-workers that I worked with that did not treat me with respect. Overall, I had a great experience at Frasier.
Pros
hourly wage
Cons
Some Co-workers
Frasier Meadows is not a bad place to work. Everyone has fun during their shifts .Management needs to be more involved with the staff. At times and most of the time your co-workers can make you the point of interest. Not in a good way.
Pros
Good enefits
Cons
Management neds to be more open with employees
Frasier is the best place I have ever worked. The staff is wonderful, many of them have been at Frasier for over 5 years. The residents are so lovely and knowledgeable.

This company truly cares about their employees!
Pros
Great benefits, great wellness center, great staff!
Typical day at Frasier goes by very fast and very busy but I love it. I learned vary much, learned managing my time, learned new skills. Management has been okay for me, once very supportive and then not so much. The most enjoyable part of the job is to being a problem solver for patients, family members, providers, CNAs and colleagues.