Fred's Employee Reviews

Found 1,387 reviews matching the search See all 1,396 reviews
The work place wasn’t necessarily the best to work, but good for a first job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 23, 2019
In the beginning, the job wasn’t so bad. It was very straight forward, but the longer I stayed the worse it got. Everybody was leaving the place and everything just went left. All the stocking responsibility fell on me.
Pros
You get to socialize
Cons
Poor management
Customer service is TOP priority.
Key Holder/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 22, 2019
Daily routines at Fred's was steady paced. Customer service was always at the top at the list. Enjoyed working with the other employees and customers. Made many new friends in the 2 years I have been there. Started as cashier, and 6 months later became a Key Holder/Shift Manager. I was blessed to have 2 of the best Store Managers while I have been there. In general, Fred's is not a bad place to work for.
Pros
No overnight shifts
Cons
Took me 2 years to become a Full Time employee, although I worked full time hours quite often as a part time employee.
Fun working place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  De Queen, ARJune 21, 2019
The people that I work with are very easy going and fun to work with. I does have its hard days when things mess up like our registers. The hours aren't to bad either
Pros
Hours
Benefits
Loved the job at one point.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, MSJune 21, 2019
They just called today and said this store is closing. Upper management just stated that there would be no more closings and they lied. It's a lie that these stores are underperforming. The only reason why they are underperforming is because the company will not send the product to sell to customers. They promised bonuses for having a good inventory and once again they lied. This company is failing because of poor corporate management not because of store level employees. They should take pointers from dollar General on how to run a business.
Pros
Great store level employees
Cons
Too many big bosses making entirely too much money
Good place to be your first job, nothing beyond that really.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decherd, TNJune 20, 2019
The management was fantastic, the employees were vastly different, and the job was mostly easy. The customers were likely the worst aspect, could have been just the location. The majority of the customers always had a problem with someone, but I suppose that is going to be the same wherever you go.
Productive and fun place to work.
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Brinkley ArkansasJune 20, 2019
I loved my coworkers and a few of my bosses! Overall awesome environment yo work in. I loved the atmosphere and customers too as well, as I had gotten pretty attached to some of them.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erin, TNJune 19, 2019
The customers and my co-workers were a delight. It was a stress free an environment. The management was great. I learned how to work a register and talk to people since this was my first job.
Overall okay place to work
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJune 19, 2019
Mostly keeping the store stocked with products delivered. Hardest part was unloading delivery truck, mostly fast paced. Some employees couldn't keep up which made it harder for others.
I have reallyyyy enjoyed working for this company. I hate we are closing, but it will be bittersweet.
Lead Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  1701 Commerce Rd.June 19, 2019
I'm going to reallyyyy Fred's that has been home for some years now. It will be bittersweet. The staff is exceptional, as well as the managers. We're a big family.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Really great staff
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hallsville, TXJune 19, 2019
I really enjoyed working here we r all like family my boss is amazing I would stay here forever if they wasn’t going out of business did qualify to move up to a assistant manager but HR wouldn’t let me bc my aunt also worked there!
A new disaster everyday you show up for work
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, LAJune 18, 2019
Nobody is ever on time, meaning people over you. The company doesn’t care.. its a disaster working there. The DM is a joke. He knows nothing of what going on..
Cons
Small team, productive, and pleasant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 18, 2019
A typical day at Fred's included greeting the customers', building a rapport with them, ringing up their merchandise, and helping with the store upkeep. I learned the importance of teamwork. The management team was very diverse, professional, hardworking, respectable, supportive, and customer-oriented. I believed that the job itself was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers and the customers'.
productive and professional place to work
Pharmacist in Charge (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAJune 16, 2019
a typical day included inputting and processing prescriptions. the customers are like family and the manager was easy to work with. the hardest part of the job was claim rejections.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Soperton, GAJune 11, 2019
Great place to work, with a good schedule for a person with a family. The customers were good people and I enjoyed working with the employees that I supervised.
Pros
Good ideas
Cons
May be going out of business
Slow paste job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSJune 10, 2019
There, I learned that you have different type of people in the world that you have to learn to work with. On a typical day at work it was always manageable.
Loved my coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJune 8, 2019
It is what you make of. Learned a lot of things there poor manGhent hardest part of the job was hoping home lol .breaks helping coworKershaw and customer
Productive and fun place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cuthbert, GAJune 6, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to work at your own pace. I learned how interact people.The hardest part of the job is unloading the truck.
Cons
Depend on how many hours you work
Average retail store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 4, 2019
Fred's is an average store to work at good work environment with excellent customer service and well stocked shelves and acurratley priced items overall decent place to work
Fun place
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ware Shoals, SCJune 4, 2019
This place will keep you busy working, and they always find something for you to do. The pay is okay, and it would be good for any age person. I had great managers too
It was good laid back environment. Fast paced at times a very family friendly atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Iva, SCJune 3, 2019
Family friendly atmosphere, caring associates easy to find merchandise clean store. Fast paced but easy work environment. My favorite store to shop at decent prices. Sad they shut down recently