Fred Loya Insurance
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

Fred Loya Insurance Employee Reviews

I’ve worked for this company for about seven months and at first, things seem to go rather well, but you soon find yourself seeing all the problems. The managers have no respect or regard for your personal life, I’ve had to work overtime for an entire month and gotten written up when I left a little early to deal with family business. There is lots of favoritism in this company they say they’re flexible with hours but will keep you longer without paying overtime.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers/ Good Experience
Cons
Short Breaks/ Poor Managment/ Long Hours
It’s a good job to start especially if looking for work long term in insurance category. They do provide training and licensing. The work can get repetitive and there’s no room for moving up.
Cons
No schedule flexibility
The job is fine but it’s just the management here is very very bad, there are two call center departments , one is a new claims department and the other one is a dispatch department, the new claims department has a total of 29 people which is good, but they forget that the dispatch department is the one that holds everyone together since we send field appraisers to vehicle locations so they can be inspected and we take calls from body shops requesting for a supplement, but we are only 6 department, which half of the other department doesn’t get here until 3pm, they don’t care about the dispatch department, they should have both departments balanced since the dispatch department is getting overwhelmed with calls and field appraiser dispatches
Pros
Paid Holidays, benefits
Cons
Management, Nepotism, always understaffed
If you are willing to create the vibe for everyone in the office you can be successful. It is hard because the company doesn’t put a lot of money into fixing up the locations but it is a good entry level job. Once the company focuses more on overall training and bettering the offices this company could really thrive. But you can definitely get your start in insurance here and move on to a better company.
This company does not value loyal employees. They pile on the work and scrutinize EVERYTHING you do. I saw many employees dismissed over minor infractions.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
They scrutinize your time sheet down to the minute, You will get written up if you get even a few minutes of overtime or if you clock in 1 minute late.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
House of Cards, no structure. Bad communication, nepotism and not enough support staff. Too many cases, not enough attorney input. Paralegals are thrown under the bus for what the team misses. Micromanaged and overworked.
My manager specifically is very encouraging. He is always helping to reach my best. The office may have drama like every work place but in all the environment is positive and easy to work with.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
pay may be a little better
Company is a good place to get your start in insurance. However their culture is very outdated. No work life balance and little to no room for advancement. Pay is one of the lowest in the market but on the other hand skills and expertise required to work here are also minimal.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Schedules are very demanding
You only get paid one dollar more than minimum wage. They leave you alone not fully trained. I would not recommend to a friend just look somewhere else.
Management doesn’t care about you...all they care about is their sales. They are very rude and don’t offer much assistance when needed. Security isn’t even all that great...you ask to replace something broken and they take forever to do it even if that includes a jammed door that doesn’t lock/unlock good when needed.
Overall the pay is great but the amount of work is not worth it. Employees are overworked and it makes the pay not worth it. You end up working much later.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Overworked
Nice learning point for a new career, it will help open doors for your future. Nothing wrong with starting from the bottom to work you way to your goals.
Pros
Learning insurance
Cons
Total benefits are lacking industry standard
Just overall good place to work in if you are not looking for a long term career in car insurance. only perks are late start hours and early off hours as you only work 6-7 hours a day and 4 hours on sat.
No one really cares about you here. The ones that work the hardest are the sales employees but get the least appreciation. The managers bonus off of you and get all these things but you get nothing.
This job is all about sales as long as you can sell their products your on the road of being a favorite. Some managers are great, but other are not. Communication is horrible.
Pros
Benefits. Pay
Cons
No work life balance. Favoritism
Great start pay at 16.50! It could have more flexibility with the schedule. If I wanted to take a day off, I have to show proof or have my hours reduced which is ridiculous. Never the full 40 hours and can't do overtime!
This company does not acknowledge hard work and effort. They expect you to work off the clock and most people do at one time or another throughout their employment.
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay for work load, majority of employees and management are rude and disrespectful, you have to ask over and over again to get raises that were promised
Awesome pay and staff i love the work environment . Never felt like I didn’t enjoy my job ,honestly I felt this was the best job I have had . No complaints
I worked for Fred loya insurance years ago in one of the location off of spring valley rd in Dallas. Our office was fun but the managers bent the rules a whole lot. Like coming into work late not dressing professionally. Sleeping with agents in our office or other office CSRs. The pay when I worked for this company was good. No room for advancement because the regional manager and our manager where brother and sister.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No room for advancement
In short this company will not help you grow. They take advantage of you and work you 6 days out of the week. If you call off sick they get upset with you.
Pros
Cons
Stressful
I worked independently for 10months running my store, I can say I like my job. I create a lot of relationships w/ the customers. The pace of work is extremely fast, except when times do get slow. Even when it’s slow, I still find ways to be productive. I became manager after my first year of the company. Fortunately for me I had an amazing trainer to prepare me. Yeah it’s self training but, It helps you set a skill to be independent and accountable.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, sick/leave pay, vacation, Bonus
Cons
6 day schedule