Fred Meyer

Fred Meyer Employee Reviews

United States4,280 reviews

Found 4,280 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,292 reviews
meyermeyerskrogerunionstorediscountretailcustomer

Tried to sneak by subpar pay.

After being hired I found out I was being offered $3 an hour less then I was making when I left FM a little over a year ago. They pay their techs horribly. Didn't return after day 1.

Could Be Better

It’s a job and they pay okay. It really depends on what department you work in and who you work with. There is a very high turnaround and not much training after orientation. It’s kind of sink or swim and if you bust your butt they will definitely take advantage of that. Other people don’t do much if there’s like 2 people busting out work. It is what it is.

It varies wildly

Learn a lot and love the people I work with but management doesn't care to deal with problematic co workers most of the time but the pay is pretty good for the job I do so overall worth it

Good place to build a career if you're up to the task

Decent pay, decent benefits, and no shortage of opportunities to get ahead-- Just be prepared for the usual gripes about retail: work life balance is nonexistent, stress is constant, and always do more with less.

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Cons

Stress

Decent Job

Would recommend to young adults or teenagers/students who are just looking to have some money in their pocket & a straightforward job. But as a career I would highly not recommend working here.

Fun before pandemic

I loved working at Fred Meyer‘s before the pandemic. I worked in the pick up department before pandemic we had less than 100 orders a day then during the pandemic we had over 200 orders a day. so overall it’s a good starter job but it’s also a good career job if you can deal with all of corporate‘s demands.

Fun place to work

My experience working for Fred's was a positive one overall. Had a few issues with a couple managers, but nothing I couldn't handle. Made life long friends from. Coworkers and customers.

Works load atmosphere

I enjoy my time at work, happy jokes with co-workers in friendly environment along a day of works helping me reduce stress. Local customers are very nice and supporting.

Great employees, toxic management!

Upper management, and direct management care about there advancement only! Used to be a great company until Kroger took over. The employees are absolutely amazing across the board, with a fee exceptions. I saw over 20 teniored 15 pluss years experience employees leave in 1 year because of the toxic management.

Turn around ahhhhh

Don’t do it, I promise there is better opportunities out there. Union sucks and is only there to protect the weak. Management is a JOKE. You have to do two alcohol sales read and signs tests a month and some stupid test training every day or you risk getting a write up. Completely useless and a waste of time.

Terrible management

I’ve been trying to get a new job for years now off and on but overall it has been pretty bad through all of it. I haven’t been this unhappy with a employer ever. Not only are they moving people up in management that hold grudges and pick on people below them but they also has consistent conflicting orders. It gets harder everyday with each passing hour that you are being told to do one thing then pulled away from another manager that is telling you to do something else. While all sill being understaffed and stretched thin as is.

Entertaining

Its typically a very very stressful job with little pay with little to no staff. But overall I would say some fun can be created at this job which kind helps balance everything out

Pros

payed breaks

Cons

short breaks

Could be better

I was excited to work for Fred meyer until I moved and had to transfer to a different store. The management could be better. The pay is fair but could also be better. And the job itself is good. The expect too much out of one individual person though. They want one person to do a job that requires 3 or 4 people, especially in the fresh departments. Job security is a plus though and having a union job. A lot of people just do the bare minimum and get away with it day after day. The gossip from fellow coworkers makes liking the job very difficult.

Inconsistent Management Causes Unhappy Employees

Management in the South Salem Fred Meyer is inconsistent in all areas. Inconsistent schedules for some employees, but not all. Rules change daily and are different for some employees. Favorite employees are not disciplined the same as the rest of the employees. Favorite employees are offered extra hours and advancement while others are ignored. HR should be called HF because all they do is Hire and Fire, and no support for non-management employees. Management is always looking for reasons to fire people. I would not recommend working at this store to anyone.

Pros

Employee discounts, Union Representation/Protection

Don’t need help

The staffing issues here are unbelievable and you’ll be left waiting forever to get help from management because they’re either hiding or running around trying to save their department. Short staffing also leads to being absolutely slammed and angry customers here are unforgiving. My experience is not everyone’s experience but it’s retail so just be weary.

Poor management. Little to no bodies on the floor.

Management doesn’t communicate well. Little to no employees on the floor to get stuff done. Very stressful workplace at the moment. Management thinks everyone can get stuff done under very little time.

It was an okay place to work. A lot of drama. But that’s in every store. Gave me the management experience I needed. Wouldn’t work there again. Maybe at a different location

It's ok work

Fred Meyers seemed like a okay job at first but it's more about politics and micromanaging and if they don't want you there they know how to get rid of you it's an okay place to work it's not great!!!!

Hands on learning, but alot of miscommunication

When you are being trained to work in any department, you get alot of hands on training as well as computer based training. Most associates are very friendly and welcoming but management isn't the best. There's tons of "miscommunication" that goes on and sometimes associates are treated poorly. The pay is very good and they are quite flexible with scheduling usually. Overall, it's an ok place to work.

Bad

Management exspects to much, no clear directions, constantly drowning. You never had a solid schedule and upper management and hr never help address real issues.

Not a bad place

Honestly, Fred Meyer is probably the best of the jobs I’ve ever had. I was always aware of when I had to be at work, and my co workers left me clear lists of what had or hadn’t been done. As someone who worked in photo-electronics, I dealt with customers who weren’t as knowledgeable about the things we sold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fred Meyer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fred Meyer.
Powered byComparably

Compare Fred Meyer with

Fred Meyer reviews by popular job title

• Fred Meyer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?