Fred Meyer Employee Reviews

gas attendant
FUEL ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Tillamook, OROctober 15, 2018
Pretty straight forward, fuel vehicles. smile and be happy with customers. I didn't have much for issues. was a middle job for me while I waited for a application to process. for a county job
It's okay, but management and pay to work ratio is poor.
Parcel (formal) (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fred Meyer, but I often felt like parcels are not paid nearly enough for the obscene amounts of physically exhausting work. Often felt understaffed in my department. I also didn't feel like management truly understood the job at times. Not only did I push carts, but I did all the garbage's, go backs, cleaned the check-stands, cleaned and restocked the bathrooms, cleaned all spills, vacuumed,. Breaks are also very short at ten minutes. Often felt like I had to be doing 20 things at once, and when I wasn't i would get talked too. Lunches were always cut by manager.
Pros
Paid lunches, Kind Co-workers. Scheduling was good.
Cons
Everything else.
Just have a associte appreciation day once a month , summer barbcue , christmas potluck once a yrar
Sales Assiciate / Freight (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, OROctober 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working at all of the locations of Fred Meyer for the years I been there . I got along with all of my co - workers, and Management as well , I didn't have problems working my schedule very week , I always kept a positive attitude there , It was my fault that I was terminated there , and now I'm looking for employment somewhere else.
Pros
Benefits, Associate apprecation day, able to wear sports shirts for special events
Cons
I have no negitive comment
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Mobile Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAOctober 12, 2018
It was the people that I worked with, that really made the experience what it was. The customers that generally shop at Fred Meyer made my experience there better that's for sure.
Pros
My Supervisor
Cons
Holiday Work Days
Upper management team who is not trustworthy, and shifty in their actions,
Department Manager and Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tillamook, OROctober 9, 2018
I work with lots of hard working people who do their best to be positive and helpful to other team members, and provide our customers with the best customer service. Unfortunately our upper management has made promises that they have failed to follow through on, and lie to associates on a regular basis.
Pros
work with good people, and love helping my customers
Cons
untrustworthy upper management.
Good for 2 weeks
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 9, 2018
I worked there for 3 years and my pay topped out within 1 year and any job out there starts at a higher rate that the cap at Freddie’s. Do not waste your time.
its a very stressful job and lots of change
inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 9, 2018
It is a very stressful job and requires a lot of training . You need to make sure you do a lot of this training on your own time. The training is not thorough and sometimes management does not give enough information to do the job needed because they do not know how to do the job themselves.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of corporate favortism
Family oriented, slow paced
Garden Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 7, 2018
It was a very fun, easy job. The days went by very slow for me because there usually wasn't enough work for me to do. They are willing to train people for almost any basic position.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow days
Stay away from this company
Clicklist Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 6, 2018
I started working for Fred Meyer under the impression that the pay would be great and the benefits would be fantastic, boy was I wrong, associates that have been with the company for 2-3 years or more were making $16 an hour and us new hires were only making $12 per hour and the hours were non existent and I have open availability and we were only scheduled for 15-16 hours per week if that we weren’t even at part time status with those hours and that would mean our pay checks were only $180-$190 per week and that’s not enough to pay the bills so if you are looking for a job that doesn’t pay then go to this company but I would advise people to look elsewhere if they need the money and the job stability because hours would be cut depending on how busy the department is so the hours would never be consistent
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Hours, pay, management
Friendly associates, but poor management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 5, 2018
when I worked there, the staff was friendly until you got to see the real side of management. There was a mix up with communication and management did not handle it well so I left.
Good
Retail Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 4, 2018
A typical day at work has more than enough work to do with many deadlines throughout the day. The workplace culture is pretty nice, with flexiblity of different shifts available for different jobs.

The hardest part of the job is working evening and weekends and unable to have a dependable schedule.

One of the nice perks besides good insurance is the frequent awards and lunches that we win when we meet goals. There are often treats, snacks in the lunchroom.
Pros
Good policies in place and follow thru consistantly
Cons
Retail hours
Not a fun place to work
Photo Electronics Associate (Current Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 4, 2018
It is the type of company that boasts about how they are one big family, but if you needed to take time off to take care of your sick child they would be upset.
Depending on the Location
Front-End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 4, 2018
This place is quite enjoyable to work with when you are close to the employees. I find depending on the store you're in the management team can really be lacking and not really in your favor. They will change minds quickly and have really unrealistic expectation which really wears you down.
Pros
Lots of benefits, Bonding with Associates who are friendly
Cons
Scrambled Management, The over time given which can really hurt morale
Good environment to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 3, 2018
Fellow coworkers were nice and fun to work with. Management was even and communicative. Overall a good work experience but it was hard to promote and took a considerable investment after being hired on.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
hard to promote within
Solid work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 3, 2018
Being a cashier is hard work, but if you are sociable and able to withstand a fast-paced work environment, then this is the job for you.

Fred Meyers is a really good company. The managers are wonderful, coworkers friendly, and the pay is solid. Definitely worth at least some of your time as a customer or potential employee.
Pros
Regular 15 minute breaks, hour lunches for longer shifts, helpful managers
Cons
chaotic work conditions
Fast paced
Asset Protection Specialist (AP) (Former Employee) –  South hillOctober 2, 2018
Asset protection was a lot of training and a lot of responsibility, but it was enjoyable and i loved it, awesome management and enjoyable staff, I would definitely reccomend it.
OK job
Grocery Parcel (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 2, 2018
I did not enjoy my job at Fred Meyer as a parcel it was monotonous and boring and I never felt valued. I did like how I got a designated lunch time and breaks but other than that there wasn't much that I liked
Cons
breaks
Miserible place to work
Lead Self Checkout Attendant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 1, 2018
High turnover rate. Management plays favorites. Everything is taking way too seriously for being a grocery store. Employees are all super nice, but morale is super down.
excellent company
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 1, 2018
I very much enjoyed the 18 years that I was employed with Fred Meyer, they have great benefits and a good management team. I had the privilege to work at several different stores. I would still be with them if I did not relocate to an area that they are not in.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
very fast pace
Fast paced work environment
Home Dept Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKSeptember 30, 2018
A typical day after I was cashier trained was to have me barely arrive and make it to my department and then get called to be a cashier for the front, and spend 3 hours without a break up there until I could be released. And this is after I was hired with the promise to work in the garden center and have them tell me no, you won't be working there. Then either get micromanaged because we only had 2 closer's for the Home Dept. (half of the store) and half of my shift was spent elsewhere, and they wouldn't call for other back up. Management was no help either, but other than getting on us for not making sure everything was perfect, they didn't do a bad job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fred Meyer. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight