Fred Meyer Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,693 reviews matching the search See all 1,694 reviews
Interesting place to work
GARDEN CASHIER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Ellensburg, WAJune 18, 2018
Bad management and low pay made me leave, I wasn't able to pay my rent with this "full time" position so I had to look into moving and getting a different job.
Na
Clicklist Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 17, 2018
Don't expect a lot. Just an entry level place. Management is chaotic and disorganized, workers are not respected. The pay is laughable and moving up is difficult. Often those who are promoted are not ready and then not trained.
Good job
Fuel Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 16, 2018
I enjoyed working there. It had it's stresses, but overall a good job. I worked in the fuel center. It was a quick paced job but had good employees and management. Can't say a lot about the store because I was outside mainly.
Job was nice.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJune 15, 2018
I liked working for Fred Myers. Tje job was stressful at times but the pay was nice. The management doesn't comunicate well. They will try to work with employees but dont train very well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
Perfectly Satisfied
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2018
Prepare for the days service, Monies, cashier hourly tasks, review logistics, refine schedules, follow thru continued training, prepare for specials of the day
Pros
great Place to work For
Cons
Hard work is always hard work
Loved working here but..
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 14, 2018
I was hired as a fulltime employ later to find that they only hired me part-time. If I had known I wouldn't have taken the job. I was only being scheduled for 12 hours a week and my position was a union position. They weren't taken out dues. I was not about to have my whole check garnished for the union dues.
Great place to work!
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 13, 2018
Fred’s is a awesome place to work! They offer lots of benifits. Work with your schedule, always have hours to give! Offer pay raises. Also breaks are long!
Retail Pharmacy
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 13, 2018
Fred Meyer is a chain of grocery stores that include pharmacies. As far as retail goes they are one of the better employers. They offer employee discounts, company sponsored events and in non-management positions most stores are union. Paid holidays and insurance, stock discounts are some other benefits. In a retail setting there is extensive customer service and an always changing schedule.
Pretty decent place to work
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 13, 2018
This was a pretty decent place to work. I had to get used to the change in my physical activity level. The main issues I had was that sometimes there was drama in the department I worked, plus the work expected in a certain time-frame was pretty high.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Sometimes had pretty high expectations on output
Can advance if youre ambitious
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJune 12, 2018
Not a bad place to work. fast paced. They often ask you to stay late. If you/re looking for advancement, show initiative and make friends with your managers.
Pros
its a job. Flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, fast paced
great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 12, 2018
upbeat and busy, great job opportunities! and employees are just so fun to work with! management is wonderful!! And if you preform job duties to your absolute best you move up rather quickly , which is awesome to get different experiences!
Retail job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newberg, ORJune 12, 2018
It's retail.
You have the best options of going anywhere within the company in the grocery department.
Benefits are pretty good regence blue cross blue shield for medical.
But you also get dental and vision!
Great employees and work environment
Pump Attendant (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 12, 2018
The managers that work at Fred Meyer know what they are doing. And they help when you need the help. And the place itself with all the people who work there and shop there, it's just a pleasant place to work, even when it gets busy and stressful.
Pros
An hour lunch, in-store discounts
Cons
9 hour shifts, busy all the time
There are worse places to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 12, 2018
Developing good relationships with your co-workers is possibly the only thing that will keep you from ripping your hair out at the stupidity of the management, upper management, and buying teams. Find someone that will listen to your daily complaining, venting helps. There are a few really good employees, stick to those people, the rest are incompetent. It's not a bad first job though and you could definitely make it your career, I personally had to put up with massive amounts of bull.
Not worth it
Meat/Seafood Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKJune 11, 2018
I was referred to Fred Meyer by a family friend, and my prior experience in retail quickly saw me to the Meat/Seafood Department as a wrapper. There are few good things to say about the department and its management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad Management
Great place, if you don't mind having to be there when sick
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJune 11, 2018
I worked at the store in Fairbanks, Ak, which was the busiest Kroger in the US. It was busy ALL THE TIME. I hated having people in my face all the time, due to detoxing off the benzodiazepines for anxiety, the anxiety itself, and my bipolar. The job itself was not that bad, but I wish I had been in a better position, I may have well enjoyed it more. Not enough to pay to live alone in Alaska unless you are in the Section 8 list.
Pros
Fast-paced, days go by quickly
Cons
Don't get healthcare for 60 days, no paid time off until after a year
Fun and fast-paced working environment with friendly associates.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wood Village, ORJune 9, 2018
On a regular day at work at Fred Meyer, I would assist customers, make sure they are finding everything okay, recover merchandise, check customers out at the register, open fitting rooms for customers, and maintain basic cleanliness.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and flexible hours
Cons
Not much opportunity for career advancement
Fairly Paid
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAJune 9, 2018
While Fred Meyer pays very well, the management was poor at the location I worked at, and many people were not work focused. Other than the management I believe it is a great job to have and I learned many of my skills being a cashier.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 9, 2018
This is a good place to work. The employees are friendly and management is good. You get trained which is nice and they help you when you need it. Great enviroment
Awful management made only bearable by amusing coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 9, 2018
All in all fred meyer was ok. but management just does not understand you work to live not live to work, the scheduling is terrible and inconsistent. Management often can be found in Starbucks cackling instead of overseeing incoming Loads, salesfloor, or offering any assistance to its employees. after training witch is mainly done by its employees managers will become absent after a short grace period.
Pros
most people you meet are fantastic
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fred Meyer. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight