Fred Meyer
Information from Fred Meyer:

Fred Meyer Employee Reviews

United States3,062 reviews
Found 3,062 reviews matching the search
There’s hardly ever any full time positions available and they will give you very random shifts. You can make good money in different departments, but you also could make minimum and only work 20 hours a week so it’s hit or miss.
Pros
Discounts in almost every department
Cons
Upper management is bad
Very productive and social workplace. Always learning new things and meeting new people. Very nice way to build team working and customer service skills.
Cashiers run a cash register up front. We also bag customers groceries and run self checkouts. We also put back products that the customers did not want and complete any other assigned task. Management is professional and understanding. Coworkers are also friendly and easy to work with.
They are flexible with school. Managment lacks in areas. High turn over and deal with being short staffed which sucks. Overal decent first job maybe.
Its a nice company with mostly great co-workers. Great for a first time job. Good pay but to much theft from customers and not enough hours to give out.
Pros
meet fun and interesting people
Cons
short lunch, to much gossip, overwhelming
Flexible schedule but other than that there is no upside. Customers treat you poorly and management does not train you. You are replaceable cog in the machine. A body for the meat grinder.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No training. Management takes avantage of you. Low pay
You have to join the union and the pay is very low, Ned to pay more hourly and give a choice as to join the union. Pay more per hour and they might keep people
Pros
Food
Cons
Pay is to low
My time at Fred Meyer was good experience for my first job. I worked a part-time schedule during multiple hours of the day performing multiple tasks both physical and mental. These consisted of moving carts from the parking lot back to the lobbies, as well as bagging purchased items and interacting with customers in a friendly fashion. The manager at the South Medford location was a great guy, probably one of the best managers I will ever experience.
Pros
Good pay for a working high schooler, constantly busy, easy tasks, friendly management and co-workers, loose dress code
Cons
Lots of time on your feet, occasional cleaning inside and out of the building, dealing with angry customers (very rare)
I love working for Fred Meyer. They've always treated me fairly. Plenty of advancement opportunities. Regular pay increases, reasonable sick pay and vacation time.
Pros
great management and plenty of room for advancement
Cons
union job
Shelf stockers make more than deli staff. Deli workers have constant customer contact and deal with difficult people at times. There are high expectations which are good but when an employee deliberately avoids doing their share to make the entire effort a success, there are no repurcussions- complete failure to act and replace the slackers and trouble-makers.
Cons
Slow advancement; low pay for job performed
I worked there over 10 years. Too many mangers who got promoted because they where the only person who applied. Corporate changes there mind constantly. You will be treated as a kid, and told you never do enough. Co workers are ok, but but it gets old. Not bad pay but won’t work there ever again.
Pros
Pay, vacation, stable.
Cons
Poor management, reminded that you are replaceable.
It was a good company to work for when I was still in school now I’m looking forward on working full time, the job has taught me how to be good with people.
Pros
Taught me how to get better with people.
Cons
Managers aren’t the greatest.
not wonderful because all customer service is difficult but you are paid decently and it's very flexible with the scheduling. i didnt hate it but i didnt love it either.
management joked around and treated the cashiers and employees like they were less of a human. the management is genuinely horrible. and i would not recommend working there. there are plenty of corporate friendly jobs out there. i worked there for 2 years and before corp took over and fired everyone, it was actually a nice place. but nope. it is now a ruined company fighting to get rid of all its employees and have it run by self checkout robots. 💜
I worked with freds for eight years. I was in manny management positions and it was a great learning experience for someone who was as young as I was. The cooperate side of the company is completely awful. If you want to be treated as if your a child who knows nothing after working overtime everyday and dealing with people twice your age who don't do any work than this is the job for you
Pros
just dont do it
Cons
read my rant
The front end manager doesn’t back up the complaints with the cashier that are coming from the customers. The cashiers don’t get backed up. The front end manager needs to look at while situations for the cashiers .Fred meyer looks at the cashier as it’s all the cashier fault.
High expectations with nothing to help us succeed, it was not very good, okay pay but nothing to brag about. They pay you just enough to keep you, also a lot of drama
Be kind and courteous to all around you there because if you do there will be some loyalty there with those customers as long as you can leave them with a smile
The co-workers are great and almost everyone gets along completely. The first tier of management is pretty involved and are almost always just like other co-workers. Minimum wage for people under 18, and no training.
Pros
Breaks and lunches on time, fun co-workers
Cons
Issues calling out sick, high anxiety workplace
The job itself is fairly easy and a great starter job for young people. I would definitely recommend for fellow high school students but keep in mind that management is often out of touch and can be difficult to deal with at times.
Pros
many opportunities for advancement provided you are over 18 and opportunities for extra hours
Cons
management tends to ignore internal issues such as schedule changes
Everything I like about working at Fred's is purely on an individual basis. I was lucky enough to find a good department with good people, but the pay was difficult to live on and HR was bent on maintaining the company line. What Fred's lacks is a backbone--they are owned by Kroger, and the nosedive in employee quality the higher you climb on the corporate ladder is painfully apparent. Not a good place if you're ambitious--a lot of management are old-timer types that don't intend to move up, meaning turnover in key positions is very low.
Pros
Good people, health benefits
Cons
Kroger
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fred Meyer. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fred Meyer.