Freddie Mac
72Above average

Freddie Mac Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA701 reviews
Solid Place to work
IT department was a good place to work. Solid co-workers with team oriented goals and achievements. My manager was very good with work life balance.
Not a good place to work
Many issues, the management, the staff, the salary and not being diverse
it's different department by department but in IT and technical if you are not from a specific country you are screwed
Good and interesting place to work.
I choose not to review the company. I enjoyed my time there and had an overall good working experience. There really is nothing more that I need to add to this review.
Productive work environment and pro bono work
Provide high level support to the VP & Deputy General Counsel and Managing Associate General Counsels in the Corporate Securities Department, Multifamily Real Estate Department and General Litigation of the Legal Division. Act as liaison with senior management and division heads.

Daily management of calendars, logistics, expense reports and travel arrangements; staying apprised of important events such as Board of Directors meetings.

Finalized correspondence and communication amongst executives, internal and external contacts, FHFA and other regulatory agencies.

Assisted in the creation of the Legal Division Diversity Database, which I also maintained and updated the database with information I receive from outside Law Firms and Corporate Counsels participating in diversity practices.

Generated quarterly tracking reports for VP review of corporate-wide mandatory FD Regulatory training for all Officers and Senior Officers.

Oversaw several projects in Multifamily, i.e. Servicing Matter Log, Securitization Calendar, Pipeline Reports and Asset Management Calendar, as well as researched information on Blitzdocs, as well as the Multifamily Seller-Servicer Guide.

Created a Multifamily instruction manual for updating the Servicing Matter Log, Securitization Calendar and Multifamily Seller-Servicer Guide and distributed same to in-house attorneys, as well as outside counsels and paralegals.
Flexibility
Not a lot of encouragement from upper management.
Lack Workplace diversity. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers. Managing daily activits/metrics.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive and fun workplace
Good company to work. I learned several new technologies and enjoyed working with various business and technology teams. I love employee resource groups and business case competitions in Freddie.
Good Place to work.

Enough technical resources.

Beautiful work culture.

Proper Time management.
team work
nice environment to work and the work place culture is excellent,
you learned a lot about the mortgage business from the the investor point and you can use these tools to improve the team results.
Company with great benefits.
One of the best company I worked for. A lot of opportunities, casual atmosphere. Great communication between departments. Moving to automatization. Lots of trainings
Excellent
Excellent work environment. Job culture is very nice and i loved the environment. In addition, my working is very flexible and i wish all the best for the company.
Good place to work and fun. Hours can be flexible if needed and the people I met there are great.Good place to work and fun. Hours can be flexible if needed the people are good to work with.
Great people
I really enjoyed working with my team at Freddie Mac as it was more of a team environment. However, with most large organizations, communication was a challenge and can be improved company wide.
Freddie consistently places second in the race between Freddie and Fannie
Freddie consistently places second in the race between Freddie and Fannie which reflects in the culture and atmosphere. Career and professional development are not prioritized which contributes to the high turn over rate.
Culture of fear; no job security, no upward mobility, no support from management.
The turnover rate was CRAZY high; the entire culture was based on fear. I have never seen anything like it. The departments/teams are deeply compartmentalized because and everyone is afraid of sharing ANY information with anyone else. Everyone is secretive and unhelpful because if they actually trained you, and showed you how easy it is to do their job, then they would be easily replaced. People would settle into small, uninteresting niche skills and then hold on to them for dear life, with no possibility of putting them to any greater use, training another employee, or furthering career progression.

However, it paid really, really well.

Make your money here, then get out as soon as you can. Leave for a better position that will nurture your career. At least it's a good name for the resume.
The company is in the middle of a transformation
Things will be rocky for a while but hopefully will be better soon. We have done some amazing things over the years when we pull together and harness our talent in the right way.
Experience depends on manager of your group
Experience depends on manager of your group. You could have a fantastic experience, or you could dread driving in to work. You can move around in the company.
Good Place to work
It depends on the team you are on but there a lot of smart and dedicated professionals to learn from. Senior Management has a clear vision for the company and strives to move the company in the right direction
inclusive and relaxed work atmosphere
great place to work. Great location and many social activities. Work life balance is the priority of the company. for those who likes to Volunteer in local non-profits, it's the best place to work
Good environment
I like the environment, it is open, and I like the people. Don't like the ability to move up and get paid, but that might just be the nature of reality.
Freddie Mac is one of the Top companies that any one would like to work with. They have great Benefits like Medical, Dental and Vision Health care plus 401k thrift match. The Management is excellent they are very open in regard to take suggestion of how can improve the work place really I guest I hardly see any hard environment at least not in my department but perhaps in another they might have one at least.
bad work area
-nice work environment from coworkers point of view but they are running out of spaces and cramming everyone together you feel like you are suffocating.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Freddie Mac. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Freddie Mac.